Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 17, 2022, 09:46 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Had a bad experience with PODS that I thought I'd share. When we last moved back in 2015 we were selling our current property and buying and moving to our new property on the same day. We scheduled a POD to be picked up on that exact closing date, and everything was all set. Two days before the closing I called PODS customer service to confirm it will definitely be picked up on that date, and to my disappointment they were having a driver shortage and also extremely busy and would not be able to pick it up for another two weeks! I was furious. Had to get my realtor to inform the buyers and ask if they were OK with leaving the POD on the property for an extra two weeks after the closing, and they said nope we have to get it out of there on the promised date. We told them there was nothing we could do and thankfully they ended up letting us leave it there - if we paid them $2000.

I called PODS again several times letting them know the situation, and trying to get some kind of reimbursement but they kept telling me the pick up dates were not guaranteed. They basically screwed me with no recourse. I'll never use that **** company again.

The top everything else off, that same closing day I had parked my car in front of my parents' house for the day because I had to drive a moving truck and my car got vandalized by some asshole kids. Smashed every window and dented up both sides. Was just a horrible day overall but after that everything else went great.
That's pretty terrible. Hopefully we don't run into that issue. It's been fairly straight forward so far.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:06 AM   #152
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
That's pretty terrible. Hopefully we don't run into that issue. It's been fairly straight forward so far.
You'll probably be fine. I think it was just awful luck in my case.

I have this recurring theme in my life, that whenever something really good happens to me something bad has to also happen to balance things out. I have no clue why but it seems to always be that way without fail.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 02:29 PM   #153
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The appraisal on our home here in Austin went perfectly, house appraised no problem. Still hammering out details on the Ohio home but that's going pretty well.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2022, 04:03 PM   #154
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
The appraisal on our home here in Austin went perfectly, house appraised no problem. Still hammering out details on the Ohio home but that's going pretty well.
Awesome.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2022, 05:01 PM   #155
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Left the day job for the last time today, feels great.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 07:48 PM   #156
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Left the day job for the last time today, feels great.

yoz
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:37 AM   #157
Elysian
SCAATSJW

We're going to finish packing up our house tonight, tomorrow the 2nd PODS container gets picked up, and the truck to haul my BMW and Miata to Ohio should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Pretty stoked. Wednesday night we'll set off for Ohio.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:59 AM   #158
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
We're going to finish packing up our house tonight, tomorrow the 2nd PODS container gets picked up, and the truck to haul my BMW and Miata to Ohio should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. Pretty stoked. Wednesday night we'll set off for Ohio.
Wow, big week ahead! Hope all goes smoothly.

yoz
Old Feb 13, 2022, 01:06 PM   #159
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Good luck with the move! Travel safe.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:03 PM   #160
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The trucking company that was supposed to haul the BMW and the Miata has let me down now. They were supposed to pick it up Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, then they finally tell me that the driver canceled because their winch is broken. Thankfully my neighbors will hold onto the keys for me, and even offered to let me move the bmw to their driveway in the interim. They've been awesome neighbors the whole time we've lived here, thankful for them.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 03:04 PM   #161
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Good neighbors are
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2022, 07:34 AM   #162
Elysian
SCAATSJW

We got into Ohio last night, and go figure I already had to flex my winter driving bona fides.

View from our hotel room:

We're about to head out to eat then do the final walkthrough of the new house. We're still hoping to close today, but the seller dragged his feet on getting some documents to the title company so it may still be delayed. Really hope not.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 07:46 AM   #163
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Winter driving isn’t bad unless you run into those who think 4WD means they can drive like it’s a warm summers day lol.

Hope the house closes on time for you
Old Feb 18, 2022, 08:40 AM   #164
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Welcome to Ohio
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2022, 07:06 PM   #165
Elysian
SCAATSJW

We won't close until Tuesday now thanks to the seller dragging his feet on documents and Monday being a holiday. We'll be staying in a hotel till then. Not impressed. I took this video from the back half of the lot earlier today though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwmvaTbcEOk

Really like the area we're in, has an older small town feel to it, but all the modern necessities within walking or short driving distance. Really liking our time in Ohio so far, glad we made this move.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 07:51 AM   #166
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Really like the area we're in, has an older small town feel to it, but all the modern necessities within walking or short driving distance. Really liking our time in Ohio so far, glad we made this move.

yoz
Old Feb 19, 2022, 01:28 PM   #167
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
We got into Ohio last night, and go figure I already had to flex my winter driving bona fides.

That's cute, thinking that's winter, but coming from Austin I understand Pretty sure Ohio can get every bit as ugly is MA does, so it's just a matter of time. Maybe not till next year though!

If you're not planning on paying for someone to plow, I'd look for a good snowblower as they go on clearance in the spring. Much happier with my Toro than I was with the Ariens... reliable, chute rarely clogs, etc.

Quote:
Winter driving isn’t bad unless you run into those who think 4WD means they can drive like it’s a warm summers day lol.
Sure, but that said, you've got a LOT more slack in today's 4WD with anti-slip, traction control, etc, than you do in a 2WD card, front or rear. I didn't appreciate how much of a difference it makes till I got one at the age of 50.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Feb 19, 2022 at 01:55 PM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2022, 02:36 PM   #168
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just got word my cars are loaded on the trailer, heading this way now!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 03:13 PM   #169
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Really happy we moved here already. It's everything I wanted it to be.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 05:55 PM   #170
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I will say, not stoked by all the people who don't even bother to remove the ice from their cars...

I wasn't even following close, the ice flew way up in the air and just happened to hit the headlight dead on.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 06:42 AM   #171
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Closing this morning, finally.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 07:57 AM   #172
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Awesome.

yoz
Old Feb 22, 2022, 09:49 AM   #173
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:

Nice, hope it goes smooth.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:36 AM   #174
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Good luck with the closing. Hopefully no other unwanted surprises.

I'm telling you, something about buying/selling property and moving. Without fail something always goes wrong. Just too many variables for it to always go smoothly.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:38 AM   #175
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Hope it all works out
Old Mar 19, 2022, 06:11 PM   #176
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Been working on my shop, getting it ready to house my business. Today we laid down the first layer of insulation.

Going to divide this outbuilding into 3 rooms, one will still be a garage bay, one will hold weight lifting equipment, and the 3rd, largest room will be dedicated to the business.

Here's a quick 3d model I made of the rooms.

Old Mar 19, 2022, 06:55 PM   #177
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice. That's just the first layer? You going to sheath the exterior with ZIP or something? I don't see how open/closed foam can be applied now that the pink stuff is up. What R value are you going to end up with? Going to condition the attic such as it is?
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2022, 08:39 PM   #178
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Nice. That's just the first layer? You going to sheath the exterior with ZIP or something? I don't see how open/closed foam can be applied now that the pink stuff is up. What R value are you going to end up with? Going to condition the attic such as it is?
Each layer is r13. Vapor barrier goes over this layer (typical to put vapor barrier inside up north afaik, while down south it would be under the fiberglass). I'm building out the walls to be flush with the CMU base you can see in the photos, and will be putting the 2nd layer of fiberglass insulation in there. We'll blow in insulation in the attic.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 09:40 PM   #179
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Each layer is r13. Vapor barrier goes over this layer (typical to put vapor barrier inside up north afaik, while down south it would be under the fiberglass). I'm building out the walls to be flush with the CMU base you can see in the photos, and will be putting the 2nd layer of fiberglass insulation in there. We'll blow in insulation in the attic.
Ah okay, would explain why your outlet boxes stick out so far. I take it the second layer will go over the studs and break their thermal bridging so you got that on top of extra thickness to exceed Zone 5 code by a bit. I take it you'll need extra long nails to put up the drywall.
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:43 AM   #180
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Congrats on the place.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote