Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 15, 2021, 04:16 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The first PODS container is full, our house is so empty, and we'll be ready to list really soon. Excited.

How did that interview you mentioned above wrap up? Good news I hope.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:38 AM   #92
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

How did that interview you mentioned above wrap up? Good news I hope.
Good and bad, TBH. Interview was great, but because we don't have a set schedule and they need to fill the position ASAP they moved on from me. I specifically asked if I could reach out again if the position was still available and we had more concrete plans and they said absolutely, and they'd keep me in mind for future openings as well. All great signs, just not the result I expected. All good though, I'll follow up when we do have a better idea, unless my wife finds a job first.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:42 AM   #93
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Good and bad, TBH. Interview was great, but because we don't have a set schedule and they need to fill the position ASAP they moved on from me. I specifically asked if I could reach out again if the position was still available and we had more concrete plans and they said absolutely, and they'd keep me in mind for future openings as well. All great signs, just not the result I expected. All good though, I'll follow up when we do have a better idea, unless my wife finds a job first.
It could have ended on a worse note, so I’m glad it left off with potential for the future.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:44 AM   #94
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Wife actually has a tentative offer on the table, the first company she interviewed with was really impressed, but the position she was interviewing for was too senior for her. They are going to try to create a position for her after they hire the original position she interviewed for.

She also just got a follow-up email that she's moving to the last stages of interviewing with another position she interviewed for.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:47 AM   #95
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Wife actually has a tentative offer on the table, the first company she interviewed with was really impressed, but the position she was interviewing for was too senior for her. They are going to try to create a position for her after they hire the original position she interviewed for.

She also just got a follow-up email that she's moving to the last stages of interviewing with another position she interviewed for.
Best of luck to the both of you. It’s nice to hear things are looking up for some folks. Way too much bad news out there lol.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:36 PM   #96
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Realtor is coming out next Thursday to take pictures of the house.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:48 PM   #97
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice! Very good time to sell.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:55 AM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Finally.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:09 PM   #99
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Whats your house on the market for? Texas market is supposed to be hot nowadays with all the Californians trying to get in.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:33 PM   #100
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Whats your house on the market for? Texas market is supposed to be hot nowadays with all the Californians trying to get in.
Listing at $425k. Expecting to get higher than that. A house near us that's comparable listed at $415k and got $433k, and that was during the holidays when things were slower. Market should be better after New Years.

Considering we paid $225k in 2016, we'll be doing pretty good either way. Our house looks fantastic inside and out after the work we've put in the last 6+ months, and the granite countertops we put in throughout the house.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:36 PM   #101
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nice, hopefully its a smooth sale and youll be on your way quick enough.

Old Dec 30, 2021, 02:40 PM   #102
Elysian
SCAATSJW

We're live on the MLS, already had a showing request.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 02:54 PM   #103
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
We're live on the MLS, already had a showing request.
Let the bidding wars begin
Old Dec 30, 2021, 04:06 PM   #104
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Yeah it's already got 161 views and 13 saves on Zillow, and it's only been live a couple hours. Good sign.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 04:23 PM   #105
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Good luck Elysian.

One thing I've learned is selling/buying a house and moving, and switching jobs can be some of the most stressful things to go through in life, and you are dealing with both at the same time so I know how tough it is. One day at a time.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2021, 06:01 PM   #106
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Good luck Elysian.

One thing I've learned is selling/buying a house and moving, and switching jobs can be some of the most stressful things to go through in life, and you are dealing with both at the same time so I know how tough it is. One day at a time.
I'm pretty chill about things, done it before. My wife is definitely stressing, but we're in a good spot regardless.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 06:06 PM   #107
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I'm pretty chill about things, done it before. My wife is definitely stressing, but we're in a good spot regardless.
Good to hear.

Its different personalities, wish I was more like you. I am definitely more like your wife in that regard. I stress big time with stuff like this.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2021, 08:04 PM   #108
logical
What is my purpose?

Big backyard and I like the loft area in the house. Thats a lot of house for the price by LA standards.

Old Dec 31, 2021, 04:48 PM   #109
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got an offer already, at asking price. Gonna still show it for a bit longer, see if we can get more offers
Old Dec 31, 2021, 04:53 PM   #110
logical
What is my purpose?

Damn 1 official day and an offer.

Old Jan 2, 2022, 07:46 PM   #111
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got a 2nd offer that's $10k above our ask. Our realtor is going to be calling us soon to discuss things.

edit: Realtor called, we had a good convo. He's going to see if the first offer will beat the 2nd offer, and we'll go from there.

Last edited by Elysian : Jan 2, 2022 at 09:19 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:32 AM   #112
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Pretty sure we'll be signing a contract today.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:45 AM   #113
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I dont know how people are affording this chit. I guess I'm never moving again. 4 and 500k for houses. wtf! Sounds like mortgage default crisis incoming.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:54 AM   #114
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Pretty sure we'll be signing a contract today.
Very nice!
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:59 AM   #115
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I dont know how people are affording this chit. I guess I'm never moving again. 4 and 500k for houses. wtf! Sounds like mortgage default crisis incoming.
That's why we're selling and moving somewhere we can actually afford what we want

The older I've gotten the more I've realized it's in my best interest to get ahead of bubbles like this, or with stocks, or even crypto. Make the money I can off the bubble then get out.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:07 PM   #116
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
That's why we're selling and moving somewhere we can actually afford what we want

The older I've gotten the more I've realized it's in my best interest to get ahead of bubbles like this, or with stocks, or even crypto. Make the money I can off the bubble then get out.
Seems like this is the norm all over though, not enough houses and they are all going for double the price. I know you can afford more with the cheaper Interest rates but still, everything is out of my price range. I guess I am stuck in my Condo which from what the news in my area said are definitely not as hot as houses. After losing all of its value in the crash I think I am just slightly over what I paid for it now. And add the now more than double HOA fee's per month! Bleh. I know I've been here 18 years but bleh!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 06:59 PM   #117
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

It's been build build build wherever they can around here for many years now. In my suburb of Cincinnati it's been non-stop tear downs of older $150K-$250K homes to make way for $500K+ homes crammed onto the same postage stamp lots. The city loves it though because of the increased property tax revenue from the new builds as well as everyone else who has to pay more due to increasing property values. One thing I've noticed is these newer homes seem to have high turn over. Someone will move in and a year or less later it'll be up for sale again.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 07:03 PM   #118
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Seems like this is the norm all over though, not enough houses and they are all going for double the price. I know you can afford more with the cheaper Interest rates but still, everything is out of my price range. I guess I am stuck in my Condo which from what the news in my area said are definitely not as hot as houses. After losing all of its value in the crash I think I am just slightly over what I paid for it now. And add the now more than double HOA fee's per month! Bleh. I know I've been here 18 years but bleh!

I felt like this before I bought as well. But its a completely different market here in LA and prices are just outrageous overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
It's been build build build wherever they can around here for many years now. In my suburb of Cincinnati it's been non-stop tear downs of older $150K-$250K homes to make way for $500K+ homes crammed onto the same postage stamp lots. The city loves it though because of the increased property tax revenue from the new builds as well as everyone else who has to pay more due to increasing property values. One thing I've noticed is these newer homes seem to have high turn over. Someone will move in and a year or less later it'll be up for sale again.

Turnover is high because you can make a quick flip 1 year later.

Old Jan 3, 2022, 07:57 PM   #119
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
In my suburb of Cincinnati it's been non-stop tear downs of older $150K-$250K homes to make way for $500K+ homes crammed onto the same postage stamp lots..
The real reason for inflation... removing the older affordable homes from the market. Either by tearing them down in your example, turning them into rentals by property management companies, or simple gutting/flipping and jacking up the price on the next sale.

The days of people buying a fixer-up-er are pretty much a thing of the past. A flipper will outbid you to make a buck.

And with so few properties left, even the lame houses suffer supply/demand price inflation (which then jacks up the other prices across the board as well.)

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2022, 09:32 PM   #120
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I don't mind so much if the quality of the new build is much improved such as net zero or passive house ratings. If the homes that are being demolished were really really old than even a to current code house would be an appreciable improvement. You seem to be in an area where buildings are better built generally due to climate so yeah, probably not a lot of net improvement to society with what's going on.

Hope Elysian will report back the building spec differences once he's settled there.
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote