Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 27, 2020, 12:11 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Pretty good scifi show. All caught up, guessing we only have 1 more left for the season.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2020, 06:37 PM   #62
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Ok that finale was different...absolutely not what I expected.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:11 PM   #63
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What the **** did I just watch?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 2, 2020, 02:06 PM   #64
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

The series continues to be interesting. Definitely a lot more story to tell. This is definitely one of the more interesting sci-fi shows in a while. I am looking forward to season 2.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2020, 02:58 PM   #65
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
The series continues to be interesting. Definitely a lot more story to tell. This is definitely one of the more interesting sci-fi shows in a while. I am looking forward to season 2.
They answered a lot of questions, but that finale left me a little cold to be honest.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 03:59 PM   #66
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

last episode i was able to watch from newsgroups was episode 4. the rest got deleted of the servers too fast. its not available in the UK on anything wish there were other ways to get episodes

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2020, 04:57 PM   #67
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Flixtor.to son.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2020, 09:03 PM   #68
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

s2 pls...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2020, 10:46 PM   #69
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

It had a one eyed trouser trout.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2020, 06:34 PM   #70
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
last episode i was able to watch from newsgroups was episode 4. the rest got deleted of the servers too fast. its not available in the UK on anything wish there were other ways to get episodes
Anything HBO related you need to get asap before they DMA the files
Old Oct 5, 2020, 02:33 PM   #71
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Flixtor.to blocked by virgin media i know could likely get by it with a VPN, cant be bothered to do that just for the series)

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2020, 09:41 PM   #72
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
They answered a lot of questions, but that finale left me a little cold to be honest.
Agreed. I hope they aren't turning something strange and wondrous into another monster flick.

Landshark!!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 09:45 PM   #73
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Agreed. I hope they aren't turning something strange and wondrous into another monster flick.

Landshark!!

My thoughts as well. It's been such a great ride so far. Please don't screw it up.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 09:16 PM   #74
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

It's not a landshark, it's a flying lamprey.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:07 PM   #75
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Watched the first episode last night. Geez, that was great. I hope the rest is as good.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:32 PM   #76
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

when's s2?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:45 PM   #77
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finished ep3 last night. This show delivers. Definitely the best scifi show since Altered Carbon... maybe even better?

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:00 PM   #78
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Finished ep3 last night. This show delivers. Definitely the best scifi show since Altered Carbon... maybe even better?
Altered Carbon was great for boobs and action, or boobs during action, or boobs when there was no action....but Raised by Wolves hit a different note for me....I think it's the most enjoyable Sci-Fi I've seen for a long time...
Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:05 PM   #79
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

yep, it was a different approach for sure, i also loved it. Hoperfully season2 will stay true to the first one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 03:26 PM   #80
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
yep, it was a different approach for sure, i also loved it. Hoperfully season2 will stay true to the first one.
I sure hope so
Old Jan 24, 2021, 03:42 PM   #81
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Watched once on my own but now doing a second run to watch with my wife
Old Jan 24, 2021, 04:58 PM   #82
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Watched once on my own but now doing a second run to watch with my wife
Tell Mother I said hello lol.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 07:02 PM   #83
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Altered Carbon was great for boobs and action, or boobs during action, or boobs when there was no action....but Raised by Wolves hit a different note for me....I think it's the most enjoyable Sci-Fi I've seen for a long time...
Altered Carbon was mostly amazing, but sometimes fell into cheesy/predicable territory. Season 2 was a huge let-down.

I'm still only a few episodes into Raised By Wolves, so it's hard for me to compare against 2 seasons of Altered Carbon... but so far Raised By Wolves is really stellar.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 24, 2021, 08:16 PM   #84
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Altered Carbon was mostly amazing, but sometimes fell into cheesy/predicable territory. Season 2 was a huge let-down.

I'm still only a few episodes into Raised By Wolves, so it's hard for me to compare against 2 seasons of Altered Carbon... but so far Raised By Wolves is really stellar.
AC did get cheesy, but it was the fun kind of cheese. I watched the first ep of season 2 and nothing after. It just didn't seem to be the same show.

Raised by Wolves raised the bar I think. There's nothing we haven't seen before, but not the way this was directed. It would be a genuine let down if season 2 doesn't deliver more of the same, or better.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:32 PM   #85
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ok, I finished season 1. Here's my thoughts:

Show starts out amazing, but later episodes get a bit boring. Still a good show, but it definitely fails to keep the pace/quality from the early episodes.

The whole show has a very "Prometheus" vibe to it. Ridley Scott loves exploring these similarities/contradictions between religion vs science, etc., as well as this "what if God turned out to be some kind of evil monster?" question.

At times, the show gets a bit too abstract, very much like "Lost"... with people seeing alot of hallucinations, dead people, etc. Mystery & intrigue are good, but sometimes it goes too far, especially when it starts to feel like the show is never going to bother explaining alot of this ****.... starts to feel like a bit of a waste of time.

Maybe the show could have been better with fewer episodes? Maybe if they had done 6 episodes instead of 10, it wouldn't have dragged on as much.

Still, overall great show, and I can't wait for the next season.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:36 PM   #86
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Ok, I finished season 1. Here's my thoughts:

Show starts out amazing, but later episodes get a bit boring. Still a good show, but it definitely fails to keep the pace/quality from the early episodes.

The whole show has a very "Prometheus" vibe to it. Ridley Scott loves exploring these similarities/contradictions between religion vs science, etc., as well as this "what if God turned out to be some kind of evil monster?" question.

At times, the show gets a bit too abstract, very much like "Lost"... with people seeing alot of hallucinations, dead people, etc. Mystery & intrigue are good, but sometimes it goes too far, especially when it starts to feel like the show is never going to bother explaining alot of this ****.... starts to feel like a bit of a waste of time.

Maybe the show could have been better with fewer episodes? Maybe if they had done 6 episodes instead of 10, it wouldn't have dragged on as much.

Still, overall great show, and I can't wait for the next season.
Pretty much spot on I think...I normally wouldn't go this far but because of the quality of some of the episodes/acting and story, I'm willing to wait to see what they answer, or tie together during the next season before drawing my own conclusions. Looking forward to it very much.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:54 AM   #87
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default HBO Max’s “Raised by Wolves” S2 First Trailer

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:34 PM   #88
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Will have to wait and see. Season 1 started off amazing, and eventually devolved into horror nonsense. Ridley Scott likes this formula.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Dec 4, 2021, 02:15 PM   #89
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I like it. Will continue with Season 2.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2021, 02:38 PM   #90
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

loved the first season, will watch second for sure

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote