Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:14 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3r_n00b View Post
Thomas Jane, playing detective Joe Miller, was the punisher in the better of the three movies.
Ah. Gotcha.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 01:19 AM   #212
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Great news for sci-fi buffs!!

Season 4 drops on Amazon Prime December 13, 2019.

Amazon has also announced that it had already renewed the series for Season 5.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:58 AM   #213
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

The ComicCon trailer sort of worries me:

What is with all the hair product? It looks like the crew had 2 hours of make-up done before landing on the planet? I certainly hope they aren't trying to go all CW with the series...
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:08 PM   #214
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

fancy warship and no rover
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 01:50 PM   #215
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
What is with all the hair product? It looks like the crew had 2 hours of make-up done before landing on the planet? I certainly hope they aren't trying to go all CW with the series...
So they don't have to add frizzy zero-G hair effects to all the low gravity scenes.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 02:11 PM   #216
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

fancy warship and no rover
You ever read the books? Looks like it tracking pretty well with what I remember.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 02:38 PM   #217
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
You ever read the books? Looks like it tracking pretty well with what I remember.
yes the first few got then all but stopped reading when the show started

they are now pasted were I stopped
Old Jul 30, 2019, 09:46 PM   #218
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

I esp. liked the part where Naomi has her first experience under open sky on a planet. This would be the third time a character is disoriented by new surroundings, the others being Bobbie on Earth and Prax being outside the ship in a vac-suit in deep space.

The end of s3 was epic. FWIW, I only ever read the first book (so far).
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:25 PM   #219
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
yes the first few got then all but stopped reading when the show started

they are now pasted were I stopped
Gotcha.

I’ve read them all. It’s a great series, and the planetside storyline they’re about to embark on is really cool.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Oct 31, 2019, 03:53 PM   #220
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Full Season Coming December 13, 2019.

Old Nov 1, 2019, 02:59 AM   #221
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2019, 08:40 AM   #222
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Ya, rly.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2019, 08:54 AM   #223
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking forward to seeing how Woke this season will be.
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 04:33 PM   #224
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Nemesis View Post
Looking forward to seeing how Woke this season will be.
Eh? If nothing else, the cast and characters were already fairly diverse.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 10:28 PM   #225
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

This new trailer is pumping me up for the new season!!

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:11 AM   #226
JZL
Starship Trooper

I jizzed a lil.

"I'm free right now." Go, Amos, gao.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 09:58 AM   #227
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm free right now baby!! ^_^

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2019, 03:19 PM   #228
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

hmm, only about 3 weeks away, nice...
Old Nov 24, 2019, 02:54 PM   #229
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Maybe I should try to watch this one again, still haven't made it through the first few episodes of season 1.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2019, 04:16 PM   #230
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Maybe I should try to watch this one again, still haven't made it through the first few episodes of season 1.
I've maybe said this before, but imho it really took off @ s1e4, CQB, so at least go that far if you haven't.
"I didn't think we could lose . . ."

I would also say that each season finale is the t1ts and each one has outdone the previous season's so far.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 06:59 PM   #231
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Can't wait for next week.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 07:39 PM   #232
JZL
Starship Trooper

IT'S HERE!

They dropped it a day early! Or is it an international date-line thing?

[jumps up and down and runs around in circles]
Old Dec 12, 2019, 08:30 PM   #233
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
IT'S HERE!

They dropped it a day early! Or is it an international date-line thing?

[jumps up and down and runs around in circles]
whole season or just ep1?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 08:33 PM   #234
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Looks like maybe the entire season. I have a play button for all of them.

I'm going to save it for tomorrow though. Too late to start now, because I know I won't go to bed before 3am if I do!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2019, 09:36 PM   #235
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

what

no baby Protomolecule

watching now
Old Dec 13, 2019, 06:49 AM   #236
X-Nemesis
Radeon R520

X-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyX-Nemesis can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can anyone chime in whether the Expanse has gone woke with Season 4? Scale of 1-10, 1 being pre 2016, 10 being worse than Ghostbusters 2016
X-Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 09:13 AM   #237
Cyko
Your New Lord

It’s about a whogivesashit/10 on the wokeness scale.

Stop examining everything for “wokeness” and just evaluate the story/show as a whole. The books are fantastic and so is the show. Great sci-fi is great sci-fi.

Alpha

Omega

Old Dec 13, 2019, 09:27 AM   #238
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
It’s about a whogivesashit/10 on the wokeness scale.

Stop examining everything for “wokeness” and just evaluate the story/show as a whole. The books are fantastic and so is the show. Great sci-fi is great sci-fi.
this

it was very good

sci fi channel was stupid for letting it go to amazon

but amazon did a good job with it
Old Dec 13, 2019, 10:38 AM   #239
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sat down for 1 episode last night and got to bed at 4 in the morning. lol

was all worth it baby!!

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:30 PM   #240
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cooling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Sat down for 1 episode last night and got to bed at 4 in the morning. lol

was all worth it baby!!
Ep1 of the new season?

Are you a fan of the books?

What would you rate the new season?

Alpha

Omega