Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:23 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Coming to CBS all access? That means these are just webisodes, not an actual series on a prime time slot. Webisodes in general are really low budget and not really up to snuff quality wise compared to an actual television series.

CBS is afraid of creating a true all new series for prime time television because of the chance it will flop just like Enterprise did. Though this seems like a "test" to see audience reception.

If you ask me, an instant series hit would simply be the current timeline as Next Generation/DS9/Voyager. Plenty of characters can return and would be a ratings hit for die hard fans.

Last edited by Exposed : Jul 24, 2016 at 10:28 AM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:02 AM   #62
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Just give the rights to Netflix already...
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:04 AM   #63
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:14 AM   #64
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
It could be worse...

Season 4 was very good actually with Manny Coto running it. Season 5 would have seen the start of the Romulan War.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:15 AM   #65
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Coming to CBS all access? That means these are just webisodes, not an actual series on a prime time slot.
No, CBS just wants your cash. It's a webisode any more than House of Cards or Game of Thrones is.

yoz
Old Jul 24, 2016, 02:09 PM   #66
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

CBS all access is a very low profile service, not comparable to Netflix at all who's sole business is streaming. It's like the saying the next season of MasterChef will be exclusively on Fox on demand.

Game of Thrones is on prime time TV, not limited to HBOGO.com

This is a very low budget production and it's not going to be on CBS primetime. I think that pretty much says it all about their confidence, they don't want another Enterprise and as such will not put in as much effort.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2016, 02:49 PM   #67
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
CBS all access is a very low profile service, not comparable to Netflix at all who's sole business is streaming. It's like the saying the next season of MasterChef will be exclusively on Fox on demand.

Game of Thrones is on prime time TV, not limited to HBOGO.com

This is a very low budget production and it's not going to be on CBS primetime. I think that pretty much says it all about their confidence, they don't want another Enterprise and as such will not put in as much effort.
HBO is paid TV as is Netflix as so CBS All Access. I have not seen enough to say this is a low budget pruduction. The vid they put out is a reaser as far as I know.

Enterprise would have done much better had it moved to CBS or even SciFi and away from the "urban" programming of the defunct UPN.

yoz
Old Jul 25, 2016, 03:41 AM   #68
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
The new star trek series will be shown on Netflix everywhere in the world except USA and Canada. And no more than 24hrs after the US version.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...trek-tv-series
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 04:21 AM   #69
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I always wanted a series on a Miranda class vessel.

I'm still withholding judgment but also not going to get my hopes up.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:48 PM   #70
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
The show will be titled Star Trek Discovery.

Here's a teaser of the new ship.

*snip*
Eww. That looks aweful. Like it was made by a high school student in 3DS Max on one of those old SGI graphics workstations from the Toy Story era.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 01:32 PM   #71
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The new star trek series will be shown on Netflix everywhere in the world except USA and Canada. And no more than 24hrs after the US version.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...trek-tv-series
Old Jul 25, 2016, 01:47 PM   #72
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
As soon as I saw this thread title, I thought that the captain will be gay. Probably a male. The rest of the crew will be female, including the token whatever-race. And the first officer will be a Janeway type who will be in charge more often than the captain himself. Calling it now.
How about a really suave gay latino... Antonio Banderas?

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 01:52 PM   #73
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
reminded me of this:

Wowzers, I don't remember the cgi looking so crappy!

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jul 25, 2016, 01:56 PM   #74
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Honestly, if the new series is going to be as crappy as Voyager, we're prolly better off without it. I'm still amazed at how many morons I hear say that Voyager was awesome-sauce. I only watched the Pilot for the series after that, and it seemed like it might be okay.

Anyways, I'm pretty skeptical about a new star trek series. Especially since the battlestar galactica reboot, as contrasting them sortof points out all the major flaws in the recent trek series.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Jul 25, 2016, 02:02 PM   #75
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Wowzers, I don't remember the cgi looking so crappy!
That was the game CG footage, not from the series.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 02:26 PM   #76
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I'm still amazed at how many morons I hear say that Voyager was awesome-sauce.
Your Star Trek fan card has now been revoked. You are shunned, I tell you, shunned!
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Last edited by Eisberg : Jul 25, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 02:29 PM   #77
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
You Star Trek fan card has now been revoked. You are shunned, I tell you, shunned!

yoz
Old Jul 25, 2016, 06:54 PM   #78
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Voyager was amazing, apart from the end which they ****ed up.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 08:32 PM   #79
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Voyager was amazing, apart from the end which they ****ed up.
Agreed. If they'd had more time to better wrap it up, it would have been completely awesome. But it was still very good.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:26 PM   #80
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yeah voyager really needed a episode to wrap things up.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 06:43 AM   #81
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I hear this is only meant as a 13-episode series? That blows..
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 08:34 AM   #82
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So I hear this is only meant as a 13-episode series? That blows..
Link?

yoz
Old Jul 26, 2016, 08:59 AM   #83
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Some of the early speculation was that each season might feature different ships and crew, but I think that might be false given they named the series after a specific ship.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 09:09 AM   #84
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Some of the early speculation was that each season might feature different ships and crew, but I think that might be false given they named the series after a specific ship.
Well they can change the name of the show on every new season.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 10:48 AM   #85
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
HBO is paid TV as is Netflix as so CBS All Access. I have not seen enough to say this is a low budget pruduction. The vid they put out is a reaser as far as I know.

Enterprise would have done much better had it moved to CBS or even SciFi and away from the "urban" programming of the defunct UPN.
I'm one of the few that actually LIKED Enterprise. It was just starting to get really good when they canned it.

The episode where they had the borg but not actually ever identifying them "as borg" was a masterpiece. We the viewer knew what they were, but watching the Enterprise crew fumble around trying to figure out who they were but never properly identifying them was a brillint way to sort of "pre-introduce" them while still remaining cannon.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jul 26, 2016 at 10:53 AM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:08 AM   #86
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I'm one of the few that actually LIKED Enterprise. It was just starting to get really good when they canned it.

The episode where they had the borg but not actually ever identifying them "as borg" was a masterpiece. We the viewer knew what they were, but watching the Enterprise crew fumble around trying to figure out who they were but never properly identifying them was a brillint way to sort of "pre-introduce" them while still remaining cannon.
I loved Enterprise too! That borg episode was fantastic.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:42 AM   #87
Eisberg
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I loved Enterprise too! That borg episode was fantastic.
If I remember right, they found Borg frozen, and these Borg were from Star Trek: First Contact movie, right?
Quote:
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:04 PM   #88
SirBaron

Enterprise was good, it started off a bit slow, but got really good towards the end, and then stopped just before it was going to get even better.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:45 PM   #89
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
If I remember right, they found Borg frozen, and these Borg were from Star Trek: First Contact movie, right?
I'm actually watching that episode now. The ship is a Borg Sphere so more than likely First Contact.

Edit: This episode is awesome. Lol @ the holographic bullets reference

Last edited by Dave : Jul 26, 2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 01:15 PM   #90
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yes, that is the theory, but the Enterprise crew were never able to identify them thus never actually calling them "borg" which would still fit in to Starfleet not knowing the borg when the Enterprise D finally encountered them thanks to Q.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote