Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 25, 2022, 07:28 AM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Blows my mind, especially considering Enterprise was received so poorly, imo it was light years better than this new stuff.
It was in the wrong network. UPN was a joke.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 03:42 PM   #812
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I liked Enterprise, I binged it a second time years ago when we could get it on prime!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 03:53 PM   #813
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I liked Enterprise, I binged it a second time years ago when we could get it on prime!
S5 would have been awesome.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:56 PM   #814
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Maybe Star Trek and other space shows were closer to getting aliens right than I thought...

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...k-kershenbaum/

Quote:
A wildly fun and scientifically sound exploration of what alien life must be like

Scientists are confident that life exists elsewhere in the universe. Yet rather than taking a realistic approach to what aliens might be like, we imagine that life on other planets is the stuff of science fiction. The time has come to abandon our fantasies of space invaders and movie monsters and place our expectations on solid scientific footing.

Using his own expert understanding of life on Earth and Darwin’s theory of evolution–which applies throughout the universe–Cambridge zoologist Dr. Arik Kershenbaum explains what alien life must be like: how these creatures will move, socialize, and communicate.

Might there be an alien planet with supersonic animals? A moon where creatures have a language composed of smells? Will aliens scream with fear, act honestly, or have technology? The Zoologist’s Guide to the Galaxy answers these questions using the latest science to tell the story of how life really works, on Earth and in space.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 01:34 PM   #815
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
S5 would have been awesome.
ya wasnt s5 supposed to be about the romulan war?
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 01:42 PM   #816
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Such a shame we didn't get to see that.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 01:47 PM   #817
Higgy10
Radeon Arctic Islands

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Such a shame we didn't get to see that.
instead we get michael, tilley and the burn

its pathetic

strung out meth junkies on skid row could write a better story
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 02:01 PM   #818
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Yes!

yoz
Old Jan 30, 2022, 05:32 PM   #819
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
instead we get michael, tilley and the burn

its pathetic

strung out meth junkies on skid row could write a better story
Old Feb 2, 2022, 04:57 PM   #820
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/...thful-villain/
Producer: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds will connect to a famous wrathful villain
Prequel series on Paramount+ will also feature a return to episodic storytelling.

Sounds promising.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2022, 05:08 PM   #821
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Old Feb 3, 2022, 01:58 PM   #822
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Finally started watching this show. I'm a couple episodes into season 1. So far I'm not quite sure what to think. Story is interesting, and production values are great. But the tone is just... off... main characters are a strange combination of cutesy and bitchy at the same time, and I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be that way or just poorly written? I'm intrigued enough to watch more, so we'll see.
I'm about half way through Season 1. Despite some complaints about the overall tone, I think this show is doing alot of things right, in terms of modernizing Star Trek storytelling for a modern streaming environment. Each episode is entertaining, keeps my interest, and makes me want to watch one more. Actually I'm finding myself pretty enthusiastic about progressing through this show.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 03:11 PM   #823
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Each episode is entertaining, keeps my interest, and makes me want to watch one more. Actually I'm finding myself pretty enthusiastic about progressing through this show.
that will fade very soon....

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 07:58 AM   #824
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I'm about half way through Season 1. Despite some complaints about the overall tone, I think this show is doing alot of things right, in terms of modernizing Star Trek storytelling for a modern streaming environment. Each episode is entertaining, keeps my interest, and makes me want to watch one more. Actually I'm finding myself pretty enthusiastic about progressing through this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
that will fade very soon....
S2 is even better. S3 could have been but they botched the ending.

yoz
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:08 AM   #825
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Watched the episode where Dwight Schrute takes over the ship using a groundhog day time loop. Great episode overall. Not sure about the ending... I mean it's nice because it pays homage to the old cheesy endings from the original Star Trek series, but it's also very off-tone for this series. Sending Dwight off with his girlfriend seems to be very irresponsible for this crew.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:55 AM   #826
acroig
Troll SMod

One of the issues I had with S1 is that I think the producers should have made clear that this is a re-imagining of early years of Trek updated for the 21st century. Once that was clarified things flowed much better for me.

yoz
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:45 PM   #827
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
One of the issues I had with S1 is that I think the producers should have made clear that this is a re-imagining of early years of Trek updated for the 21st century. Once that was clarified things flowed much better for me.
You actually like Discovery? The Burn was it for me, just a horribly told story. And the Tard drive.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 04:35 PM   #828
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
You actually like Discovery? The Burn was it for me, just a horribly told story. And the Tard drive.
Yeah, they really botched S3. I don't think S1 and [email protected] especially are bad. S4 we'll see how it ends....

yoz
Old Feb 4, 2022, 07:10 PM   #829
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Yeah, they really botched S3. I don't think S1 and [email protected] especially are bad. S4 we'll see how it ends....
Old Feb 4, 2022, 09:35 PM   #830
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Hopefully it ends with a warp core breach and a slow motion shot of Tilly vaporizing.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 06:50 AM   #831
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Hopefully it ends with a warp core breach and a slow motion shot of Tilly vaporizing.
, she's out anyways.

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:08 AM   #832
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
, she's out anyways.
Only for a while, shes coming back the last story I read unfortunately.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:17 AM   #833
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Only for a while, shes coming back the last story I read unfortunately.
You had to ruin it, didn't you!

yoz
Old Feb 9, 2022, 10:55 AM   #834
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
You had to ruin it, didn't you!

This is important information! Time for a petition of Tilly must go!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 03:19 PM   #835
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Finished season 1.

Overall good & entertaining, with lots of questionable parts. The Klingon war stuff mostly worked, until they go to the dark alternate universe, which was kindof dumb, although I liked the twist with the captain.

The season finale was stupid, but whatever. Looking forward to watching through season 2.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Feb 9, 2022, 03:39 PM   #836
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Finished season 1.

Overall good & entertaining, with lots of questionable parts. The Klingon war stuff mostly worked, until they go to the dark alternate universe, which was kindof dumb, although I liked the twist with the captain.

The season finale was stupid, but whatever. Looking forward to watching through season 2.
S2 is best of series thanks to Pike and crew.

yoz
Old Feb 12, 2022, 12:11 AM   #837
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I'd pay good money to see that.

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 03:56 PM   #838
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
, she's out anyways.
She taking acting lessons?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 07:09 PM   #839
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
Finished season 1.

Wasn't season one the Tard drive! terrible writing!
Old Feb 12, 2022, 10:30 PM   #840
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Prediction. Zora becomes captain of the ship. Then hopefully the borg from that century find them, and destroy them all.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote