Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:56 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu View Post
get the powertec rack off bodybuilding.com its way cheap and very good quality
Ive had my eye set on the Bodycraft F430, which is probably what I'll end up getting. We'll see though. When it comes time, I may decide I don't want to spend that much. I'll take a look at the Powertec too.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:11 AM   #92
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
get the powertec rack off bodybuilding.com its way cheap and very good quality
Powertec upped their prices last year and it's no longer the deal it used to be, otherwise I'd agree. The Bodycraft F430 isn't much more and has more conveniences.

Not to mention, if you buy from BB.com you're going to wait awhile because they've been having trouble filling orders.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 09:36 AM   #93
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

faaawwwkk its been a while since I've been on there..

btw, two hours of Jiu Jitsu this morning.. gonna go get some sleep and head back to the Dojo at 5 PM for Muay Thai and another three hours of BJJ and Judo

Last edited by Horus : Nov 22, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Horus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 23, 2010, 01:51 PM   #94
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Been working out on lunch breaks. Working out after work sucks because I get out hungry, then I gotta cook, eat, and then hit the gym... takes like 2 hours between getting out of work and finishing my workout and that's if I hurry. Usually I'm so tired that I kinda kick around rocks for a while before I even get to the gym after work...

Working out on my lunch breaks saves me like an hour of my life and also I still have energy to do it as best as I can.

Unfortunately, most work days I work on the road and I don't really get a chance to hit a gym during my lunch break.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:49 PM   #95
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

5x5 ATG squats again tonight. Having the day off throws my schedule off.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:46 AM   #96
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

I haven't posted my fitness progress for a long time so here it is. Also again it's thanks to ice that i got my motivation in the first place (god i remmember the post pics of yourself thread where I got called fat and realized how bad of a shape I was in). Anyway spoilers for those who do not want.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

Last edited by clerick : Dec 5, 2010 at 04:55 AM.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 01:00 PM   #97
nighthunter
Radeon R100

nighthunter is still being judged by the masses

i walked to the fridge and back
Old Dec 5, 2010, 03:21 PM   #98
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthunter View Post
i walked to the fridge and back
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:59 PM   #99
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Hit the gym today, worked biceps, triceps, shoulders, back and abs/obliques, as well as rode my bike to and from the gym
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:32 AM   #100
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Awesome, my shirt sleeves get tighter and tighter every week
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:05 PM   #101
Briner
Goku could beat Superman

Briner is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
I haven't posted my fitness progress for a long time so here it is. Also again it's thanks to ice that i got my motivation in the first place (god i remmember the post pics of yourself thread where I got called fat and realized how bad of a shape I was in). Anyway spoilers for those who do not want.
Even in the before pictures you don't look fat at all.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:50 PM   #102
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Good change!
Old Dec 12, 2010, 11:33 PM   #103
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

hadn't hit the gym in awhile.. over a month
on saturday i went

benched... warmup with 135 for 10, then 185 for 8, and then 215 for 4.75 (missed the last rep)

went and ran for a mile, and then did some janda situps... ran 1/9th a mile, more situps, and another 1/9th mile, and more situps

then walked for multiple 1/9ths of a mile... probably at least 1.5miles worth

then did some overhead presses with 40lbs to 45lbs for 8 reps of 3 sets

then did 6 pullups and hit the hot tub
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:53 PM   #104
erek
Banned

was sore as heck for the longest time over the weekend til today...
drank these two drinks post-workout,

today... i benched, 1 set of 135 for 10reps (warmup) then 2 sets of 215 for 5 reps...

ran a mile, then 25 janda situps, ran 1/9th a mile, 25 janda situps, ran another 1/9th mile and 25 more janda situps... then walked for several 1/9ths of a mile... who knows how long...

went downstairs of the gym and did 6 pullups, then 2 reverse, and another 2 reverse...

then went and did 65lbs each arm flat dumbbell press 2 sets of 8, and then one set of 5 (burnt out)

then i hit the hot tub... got more of those juices for post-workout
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:01 PM   #105
ice
Rage3D Spammer

First night deadlifting normally in a month. Kept it pretty light, felt good, ripped my knee open again.

Ah, good times.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:09 PM   #106
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
ripped my knee open again.
what all does this entail? are you going to be out of commission while your knee heals??? i hope you get better soon
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:11 PM   #107
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
what all does this entail? are you going to be out of commission while your knee heals??? i hope you get better soon
No, it's just from the bar dragging up and down my legs from deadlifts. Just a small/deep scrape that bleeds a ****load.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:52 PM   #108
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Oh ****, scared me man. i thought you ****ed up your knee.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:00 PM   #109
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
me too. glad he's all right
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:49 PM   #110
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

question: is it dumb to lift then do cardio? I start with weights and twice now, when i hop on a bike I feel really weird and dizzy. My breathing is all messed up and if i do too much, I feel like throwing up and fainting. The first time was so bad, I had to take a **** at the gym. Took me twenty minutes for my vision to get unblurry.

Whats up with that?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:05 PM   #111
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

I do cardio after lifting, nothing wrong with that just have to get used to it. If you're getting blurry vision and faint consistently and for prolonged times you might want to go to a doctor.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:09 PM   #112
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I do cardio after lifting, nothing wrong with that just have to get used to it. If you're getting blurry vision and faint consistently and for prolonged times you might want to go to a doctor.
it's just after i lift. If I cario then lift, im fine. Its not my body is starting up to fast..or theres different breathing involve when i life something..
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:15 PM   #113
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I need help guys. I am wanting to lose weight again so bad. But its hard to get the motivation to. I went from 200lbs back up to my old high of 260. And I'd like to get back down to 200.

Here are the reasons that aren't helping my lack of motivation.

Girlfriend doesnt want me to, I go to school and work full time and she says "she will never see me"

I live with my grandparents, and well we all know how grandparents cooking is, I moved in with them while I go to school to drop down a position so I cannot afford to move out. Period. And there is no physical way to tell them to cook healthy, they are both... Large and refuse to fix their own diets and they take everything way to personal. I've asked them to cook healthier, or even allow me to cook healthier and they refuse.

So it really feels like even if I do go back and work out, I'm still stuck with a poor diet, and a pissed off girlfriend.

I need a miracle.

... /rant off?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:21 PM   #114
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Getting stronger. Sounds bad, but the new woman is good motivation to start cutting down again
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:23 PM   #115
erek
Banned

moderate amounts of cardio and weight lifting are probably good...
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:27 PM   #116
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I use to do 30 min of cardio, followed by 30 min circuit training into a 10 minute cooldown in the saunna.

Is that enough to beat a **** diet? I can do what I can at work, but if I dont like or eat my grand parents food for dinner, it will literally make my life hell.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:31 PM   #117
erek
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I use to do 30 min of cardio, followed by 30 min circuit training into a 10 minute cooldown in the saunna.

Is that enough to beat a **** diet? I can do what I can at work, but if I dont like or eat my grand parents food for dinner, it will literally make my life hell.
i guess experience might teach you the common sense...

there's just a lot to consider... perhaps start light on all workouts, and focus on correct form and technique then work your way up to harder routines
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:08 PM   #118
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Re-joined the Gym...I want to gain some mass, so we'll see how it goes. (still 6'2" @ 165lbs...basically unchanged for 5 years). Changed diet over somewhat for higher calorie, and eating more (Kinda, I have a hard time over eating nowadays) But more red meat, less vegan.

Been running, nice to see my endurance building steadily. Currently very sore from working out. It hurt so good. LOL

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:17 PM   #119
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidavi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
me too. glad he's all right
Haha, I'd be in a slightly worse mood if I seriously injured myself

Tonight was also the first night back to shoulders since I tweaked my spine a month ago benching. It hurts to reach up and turn a lamp off, but not to press heavy weight over my head

At least it's not RC related this time. Weight felt light, always a good sign.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:19 PM   #120
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Worked legs today, really tore em up. Also did some circuit training on the abs/obliques, kicked their asses, as well as my own.