Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 12, 2010, 06:35 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

my apetite is mysteriously shrinking. Its hard to eat more than 2500 calories nowadays (unless I eat junk food, and I can't have that everyday).
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 09:23 AM   #62
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Just ran 5k and doing some pullups til failure.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2010, 03:36 PM   #63
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I dicked my shoulder up doing shoulder presses last week, feeling a lot better already though. Hopefully I don't need to take more than a week off. Deadlifted a new PR which fried my back for squats again, but that's ok.

I also weighed in at 230lbs today, w00t.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2010, 11:38 PM   #64
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Raised Deadlifts again. Probably going to do them again for another session before another raise.

Deadlifts 220x5x5

Shoulder Press 110x5x5

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:24 AM   #65
Rockshocker
Rage3D Veteran

Rockshocker is still being judged by the masses

4 sit ups was enough for me, one year ago I was doing 50 full sit ups no problem, tonight I struggled with even 1 lol. Time to get back in shape, time to dust off my running shoes...
Rockshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:27 AM   #66
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I dicked my shoulder up doing shoulder presses last week, feeling a lot better already though. Hopefully I don't need to take more than a week off. Deadlifted a new PR which fried my back for squats again, but that's ok.

I also weighed in at 230lbs today, w00t.
I pulled a muscle in my shoulder Friday while doing tricep extensions... Don't even know wtf happened, but it absolutely ucks.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:17 AM   #67
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I pulled a muscle in my shoulder Friday while doing tricep extensions... Don't even know wtf happened, but it absolutely ucks.
Mine is a rotator cuff injury thanks to dislocating my shoulder a couple years back. Every now and then when I use a heavy weight it acts up and I need to rehab it, I should probably keep doing the RC exercises until I strengthen it fully but I'm dumb.

Right now it feels about 85% better, by Wednesday it should be fine. I guess it wasn't as bad as it usually is.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:18 AM   #68
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Mine is a rotator cuff injury thanks to dislocating my shoulder a couple years back. Every now and then when I use a heavy weight it acts up and I need to rehab it, I should probably keep doing the RC exercises until I strengthen it fully but I'm dumb.
Well, you do have a lot of muscle mass, so being dumb comes with the territory right?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 01:49 AM   #69
DorXtar
SMILE!

DorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDorXtar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I started doing push-ups on Thursday. I can't actually do "a" pushup, but I did small teeny reps that didn't go all the way down alternating with stretches. Didn't feel so sore yesterday, but I was really sore all day today.

Goodbye T-rex arms!
2 Peter 3:3) For YOU know this first, that in the last days there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires 4) and saying: “Where is this promised presence of his? Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.” 5) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice [...]

8) However, let this one fact not be escaping YOUR notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day. 9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
Like 12Bass says, critical thinking and the scientific method are probably the best tools we have to avoid it. (bias)

However, this method relies on repeatable, falsifiable hypotheses and theories. Only an extremely small spectrum of time and space can be rendered into these, or at least a good approximation of such.

-RFtinkerer

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” ― Daniel J. Boorstin
DorXtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:34 AM   #70
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

2 hrs down the gymn this morning
(normal week 6-8hr gymn / 4-6hrs TKD / 3mile walk everyday with dogs)
I dreamt you were a cat.
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 07:44 AM   #71
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:58 AM   #72
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by riho View Post
I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.
I did just that with a 10 mile run through mud and rain. Oo-rah.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:35 PM   #73
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Ankle has been feeling better so..

Played basketball for a couple hours yesterday (3-4) ran 3 miles in the nice weather and did some pullups and curls.

Getting back on my regular gym schedule next week. Hoo-rah.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:37 PM   #74
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I always manage to get huge freaking blisters on both of my feet after a long run and it doesn't even matter what I'm wearing. Does it ever suck to have to walk with them for a couple of days after that.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:59 PM   #75
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
I always manage to get huge freaking blisters on both of my feet after a long run and it doesn't even matter what I'm wearing. Does it ever suck to have to walk with them for a couple of days after that.
Sounds like you need better fitting shoes or lacing method. I recommend Asics or New balance if available in your part of the world. Either that or your gait may have too much lateral motion.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Nov 14, 2010, 03:49 PM   #76
Langsuyar
Radeon R600

Langsuyar is still being judged by the masses

I bench 900lbs, squat 1500, deadlift 2000, and have 2% bodyfat because I am joe everybody posting my workout on an internet forum. Also, I do chest on monday just like everyone else known to man. It grows my epeen to list the specifics of my fabricated workout littered with greatly exaggerated numbers.

While half-joking (those lifts are absolutely true numbers for me) about this, it invariably runs through my head reading these posts. Kudos to everyone that actually do workout.

Forever I'll remain
Langsuyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:01 PM   #77
riho
Breaking a take

OUR SECRET HAS COME OUT!!!!! EVERYBODY, GET HIM AND SIT ON HIS CHEST!!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:06 PM   #78
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
OUR SECRET HAS COME OUT!!!!! EVERYBODY, GET HIM AND SIT ON HIS CHEST!!!!!
Well, after all, it's true. I don't really work out, the pictures I've posted of myself aren't even me. I pay someone to let me use his pictures and if he refuses, I sit on his chest and crush him.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:23 PM   #79
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Back and knee problems have been keeping me from my normal routine of swinging kettlebells 3 times a week and running every day, so yesterday I thought I'd see if I could do 1000 pushups in a single day. I've never made it passed 800, and my efforts yesterday didn't change that. My pectoral minor ripped at 769. I finished my set by narrowing my position, but didn't attempt any more because I didn't want to do any further damage.

Well, hopefully I'll be back to running pretty soon, as that's something I'm really passionate about.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 02:27 PM   #80
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It took me a long time to finally figure out what shoe\sock combo works best for me. You may want to consider going to a running specialty store such as a 'Fleet Feet' and let them measure you and observe your steps to determine what heel and arch support if any you need.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:59 PM   #81
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Another deadlift raise tonight. Raising deadlift to 230 next time and S.Press to 115. As long as I get the reps, I'm going to keep on climbing. Just gotta keep shoving the food down.

Deadlift: 225x5x5

Shoulder Press: 110x5x5

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:14 PM   #82
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Skipped weight training this morning because of my shoulder but got a 10mi bike ride in. It was cold and windy though, so the ride really sucked.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:24 PM   #83
ice
Rage3D Spammer

5x3 bench and 3x8 DB flyes tonight. Shoulder feels good. Choking down my last shake for the night and going to bed.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:04 AM   #84
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

No weights today, sensei sent a text last night saying that we were having an early class today at 6:30 AM. Went there and got out at almost 9 AM. Slept for a bit then got up and went to Muay Thai class at 5:45 PM, followed by two hours of jiu jitsu with pretty vigorous randori for the last half hour. I'm feeling half dead but great right now
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:00 AM   #85
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
By chance, are you making soap by the barrel full?
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:06 AM   #86
riho
Breaking a take

First rule of...
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:04 AM   #87
MeltingCactus
Keeper and Acquirer

MeltingCactus is still being judged by the masses

I joined a roller derby league about a year ago with the hopes of getting into shape because I do better with exercise if I'm playing a sport. It has been awesome and I've lost ~25lbs so far.
"I realize that, historically, phrases like 'massive redistribution of wealth' are usually accompanied by rivers of blood. That said, it's about time for a massive redistribution of wealth."-from The Onion
"Deconstructing the Twinkie is like trying to deconstruct the universe." - Hostess Foods
MeltingCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:39 PM   #88
Langsuyar
Radeon R600

Langsuyar is still being judged by the masses

Ever notice how on http://animalpak.com/ all the medium shirts are sold out (most of the time)? That makes me lol. Other laughable items to mention, the *******s that curl in the squat rack and people not using full range of motion. It's one thing if you're doing specificity-type training to improve say a sticking point, but you know those clowns not touching their chest on bench (insert any other exercise) are just cheating themselves.

Getting back on track here, today was arm day coupled with other minor muscle groups. Becoming what I hate for a moment; personally I stick with the older view on my routine and use a modified version of Arnold's 6 day split, but the Mike Mentzer method works for people that have time constraints.
Forever I'll remain
Langsuyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 08:38 PM   #89
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Still working on the deadlifts, still stuck on shoulder press. Hoping I can get the power rack this holiday season so I can expand my routine and do the rest of the program.

Deadlift: 235x5x5

Shoulder Press: 115x5x5

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:56 PM   #90
Horus
resident kafir

Horus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete strangerHorus once held a door open for a complete stranger

get the powertec rack off bodybuilding.com its way cheap and very good quality