Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default The Rage3d Fitness Thread

Come on you satchmos, what did you do to stay in shape today?

ATG Squats for me tonight.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Biked to work and back. Pretty short distance 10km. But actually recovering from my last workout on Tuesday. Legs and buttocks still sore from that one.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Haven't done anything yet today, after I watch last night's Colbert and Daily Show I'll be going on a 15mi bike ride. Yesterday I did legs and abs in the weight room, good n sore from that.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Langsuyar
Radeon R600

Langsuyar is still being judged by the masses

Leg day. Apparently Kevin Nash works out at my gym here in Daytona. Saw him this afternoon, but he has a severe case of chicken legs. This explains why he always wears pants in the ring.
Forever I'll remain
Langsuyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:33 PM   #5
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langsuyar View Post
Leg day. Apparently Kevin Nash works out at my gym here in Daytona. Saw him this afternoon, but he has a severe case of chicken legs. This explains why he always wears pants in the ring.
So he's a lightbulb too?

God I hate lightbulbs.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:40 PM   #6
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post

ATG Squats for me tonight.
Are we differentiating between body building versus cardio/health heart improvements?

Neither
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:40 PM   #7
traitoR
Galactic Butterfly

traitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete strangertraitoR once held a door open for a complete stranger

8 KM walk every weekday, try to change things up on the weekends by doing something different.

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.
traitoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:41 PM   #8
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Are we differentiating between body building versus cardio/health heart improvements?

Neither
Fitness is fitness.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 03:43 PM   #9
Langsuyar
Radeon R600

Langsuyar is still being judged by the masses

Apparently symmetry is not part of the requirements to be a professional wrestler.
Forever I'll remain
Langsuyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 04:27 PM   #10
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Pullups, 20km bike, 5km run, not eating garbage food.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 05:29 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Just got in from my bike ride, 15.63mi at a 13.24mph pace, 1:10.34. My best pace for a longer ride yet. Can do 14+ mph on short rides, under 10mi, but on long rides it's been in the upper 11/lower 12mph range, so improvement is awesome. I also find that I actually ride better the day after my lower body workout than any other day of the week.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 05:43 PM   #12
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Are you going uphill most of it? Even my mountain bike does 24ish mph average on flat terrain.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 7, 2010, 05:48 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Are you going uphill most of it? Even my mountain bike does 24ish mph average on flat terrain.
Is your bike a cheap piece of crap? Yes, there are a lot of hills here, and my GPS program confirms that the majority of the ride is uphill.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 05:55 PM   #14
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Nothing, for like the last 8 years...
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 05:59 PM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
Nothing, for like the last 8 years...
Fatty

Do you still need the signature you have? I don't even remember you posting as Meister_V
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:05 PM   #16
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Fatty

Do you still need the signature you have? I don't even remember you posting as Meister_V
Negligence once again. I'll get to it.

I'm 6ft 145lbs btw.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:20 PM   #17
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
I moved my thumb up and down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 06:39 PM   #18
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Is your bike a cheap piece of crap? Yes, there are a lot of hills here, and my GPS program confirms that the majority of the ride is uphill.
My bike is a pretty crappy, $250 schwinn mountain bike from Canadian Tire

That's a decent speed uphill, but make sure your breaks aren't giving you extra resistance from rubbing against your wheels and your chain/gears are well aligned (like mine did straight from the store).

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 7, 2010, 07:33 PM   #19
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't have a car, so I bike or walk to just about everything. School is about 3.5 miles away and I do a round trip every day including weekends (my instrument is at school so I practice there). The groceries and errands, the occasional trip somewhere, walking across campus or wherever for whatever.

I get by pretty well for never going to the gym. I'm still a bit overweight but my endurance is quite good and thanks to nightly basic stretches and a reasonable diet I'm doing pretty well for the overall health thing.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 07:42 PM   #20
ice
Rage3D Spammer

Rubber legs

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:02 PM   #21
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
So he's a lightbulb too?

God I hate lightbulbs.
A friend of mine is like that.

I call him "Chief Riding-Chicken".
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:04 PM   #22
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yeah!

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2010, 08:09 PM   #23
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I did nothing! Exercise is for chumps!!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:56 AM   #24
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Did my crunches, pushups and squats for the day. Went to the gym and hit the elliptical...some hill action.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:01 AM   #25
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

did walking lunges with 60lbs in each arm, and deadlifted 3 sets of 185 (first time in years) and ran a mile...
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:12 AM   #26
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Yeah that's for a short duration. Doubt you ride 24mph avg for anything longer. Consider that the fastest avg speed in Tour de France is just under 25mph and that's with a road bike. Either you're a very talented asian or your speedometer is misconfigured....

Last edited by riho : Oct 8, 2010 at 01:39 AM.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:19 AM   #27
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Hit the gym 6 days a week, proper diet, and too much water that I've gotten sick of water lol.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:59 AM   #28
Elysian
SCAATSJW

About to ride my bike to weight training class.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:47 AM   #29
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

1 hr power walk.
80 pushups (4x15 + 1 set of 20 at the end)
200 crunches (6x25 + 50 at the end)
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:51 AM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Stupid f'ing bike is screwed up... Chain keeps hopping on the sprocket in the back... Took it to the bike store, damned place closed down! There goes my free maintenance for life Workout was great though, worked chest, back, some arms, and abs.