Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 17, 2021, 09:43 PM   #511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...t-on-for-weeks

Quote:
Earlier this year The War Zone exclusively reported about a series of 2019 incidents that involved unidentified drones stalking US Navy vessels over several nights in the waters off of Southern California. Our initial report also covered the Navy’s investigation into the incidents, which appeared to struggle to identify either the aircraft or their operators. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Michael Gilday later clarified that the aircraft were never identified, and that there have been similar incidents across the service branches and allied militaries.

Newly released documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) show that the full scope of these drone incursions was greater than it initially appeared, and they persisted well after the Navy’s investigation was launched. Deck logs indicate that drone sightings continued throughout the month of July 2019 and included events where drone countermeasure teams were called into action. One notable event involved at least three ships observing multiple drones. Uncharacteristically for unclassified deck logs, the details on this event are almost entirely redacted.
Pretty interesting FOIA release shows they tried to shoot the 'drones' down many times...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:14 AM   #512
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...n-the-universe

Will we soon rewrite textbooks on our place in the universe?
By Rear Admiral (ret.) Tim Gallaudet, Ph.D., and Avi Loeb, Ph.D

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2021, 02:23 PM   #513
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

And another well known scientist joins the Galileo project:

https://twitter.com/EricRWeinstein/s...81235941056512

Quote:
Eric Weinstein
@EricRWeinstein
After a zoom call yesterday with Avi Loeb, I’ve decided to join Harvard’s Galileo Project on its Research Team.

Time to de-stigmatize the whole topic and help the data talk. The claimed phenomenon of UFO/UAP, after all, should be a scientific question.
projects.iq.harvard.edu
The Galileo Project
Daring to look through new telescopes
1:24 PM · Dec 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Retweets
Quote Tweets
Quote:
Meta material
@MetaStudioLogic
Eric Weinstein on UFOs

"I've never seen anything even remotely like this."

#ufotwitter #ufo
#science #physics

Source: https://youtu.be/ZTIO-xAP0Dw
0:26 / 2:20
12:35 PM · Dec 20, 2021·Twitter for Android
Retweets
Quote Tweet

https://youtu.be/ZTIO-xAP0Dw?t=1600

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:00 PM   #514
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

a draft of the Galileo project plan was accidentally posted then removed.

https://imgur.com/a/T3ChV58

Old Dec 24, 2021, 04:31 PM   #515
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/5...9-fa13aec304af

Heavens above: Nasa enlists priest to prepare for an alien discovery

Quote:
As space agencies launch new telescopes, rovers and probes to look for habitable planets and alien life beyond Earth, a British priest has been helping Nasa to understand how the discovery of extraterrestrials would change the way we see the universe.

The Rev Dr Andrew Davison, a priest and theologian at the University of Cambridge with a doctorate in biochemistry from Oxford, is among 24 theologians to have taken part in a Nasa-sponsored programme at the Center for Theological Inquiry (CTI) at Princeton in the US to assess how the world’s major religions would react to news that life exists on worlds beyond our own.

Old Dec 26, 2021, 08:57 PM   #516
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://twitter.com/FaceTheNation/st...79691518697480

Quote:
What’s causing Havana syndrome? Where are the UFOs coming from? CBS News National Security Correspondent David Martin predicts one these two mysteries will be solved in 2022.

Old Dec 29, 2021, 04:05 PM   #517
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://www.livescience.com/alien-discoveries-2021

Quote:
9 things we learned about aliens in 2021

A bombshell UFO report, the "alien junk" in our solar system, and more new clues about extraterrestrial life.

A "doughnut UFO" in the skies over Switzerland. Strange green lights vanishing into the clouds above Canada. A saucer-shaped blob plunging suddenly into the ocean.

The year 2021 gave truth-seekers and alien hunters no shortage of mysteries to ponder. But it also gave them answers — from a hotly anticipated Pentagon report on military UFO sightings, to new insights on habitable exoplanets, to the truth about a so-called "alien signal" from the sun's nearest neighboring star. Here are 9 things we learned about aliens (and where to look for them) in 2021.

1. UFOs are real (and the government knows it)

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:11 PM   #518
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:42 PM   #519
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://www.space.com/2022-turning-point-study-ufos-uap

Quote:
Interest in UFOs continues to grow, both among scientists and government officials.

In 2021, there was an upsurge in peculiar sightings reported, thanks to people with smartphones or other video gear that captured these strange glimmers in the sky.

Could these unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) be satellites, technology deployed by foreign governments, falling space junk or maybe even floating specialty balloons or purposely faked unidentified flying objects (UFOs)?

Or could they be, well, aliens? What if Earth has been on the receiving end of extraterrestrials speeding in from Alpha Centauri who found themselves lacking brake fluid and crashed into New Mexico?

Many of these objects are ultimately identified. Others, however, remain mysterious.

Nonetheless, in 2022, UAP will get more attention from both the scientific community and the federal government, experts told Space.com.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 23, 2022, 11:16 PM   #520
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 25, 2022, 02:20 PM   #521
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://thehill.com/opinion/technolo...fos-from-above

Can we find UFOs from above?
By Avi Loeb

Quote:
We are used to looking up when finding Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP, previously known as UFOs) of the type reported by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) on June 25, 2021. Six months after the ODNI report, President Biden signed into law — with bipartisan support in Congress — the establishment of a new UAP office. The office, to operate by June 2022, will start a coordinated effort of reporting and responding to UAP and significantly improve data-sharing between government agencies on UAP sightings.

But it is also possible to find UAP by looking down at them from satellites that image the Earth. For example, Planet Labs uses its fleet of miniature satellites to image the entire Earth once a day with a spatial resolution of a dozen feet per pixel.

The Galileo Project that I am leading, aims to unravel the nature of UAP. Aside from building its first telescope system on the roof of the Harvard College Observatory in the coming months, the project plans to use Planet Labs’ data in searching for UAP from above. Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms can distinguish extraterrestrial equipment from familiar objects like a meteor, an airplane or an atmospheric phenomenon. Since there are no birds, airplanes or lightnings above the Earth’s atmosphere, any object with an elevation larger than 50 kilometers would appear unusual and merit further analysis.

Old Jan 25, 2022, 02:24 PM   #522
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Really wish Youtube links would work.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2022, 05:01 PM   #523
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Really wish Youtube links would work.
If you're on Chrome or Firefox or Opera, give this a try?

Click on the padlock icon in the URL bar and go to Site Settings.

Navigate down through this list until you find "Insecure Content" and change that to ALLOW.

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:22 AM   #524
pax
Rage3D Spammer

French gov report english version:

https://www.docdroid.net/CwFpAKl/ang...29-09-2021-pdf

The French gov is one of the few in the modern world who have an ongoing working study on UAP's.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:45 AM   #525
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Thanks Fellas for the help.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:07 PM   #526
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Feb 3, 2022, 02:02 PM   #527
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://thedebrief.org/why-is-the-ai...the-uap-issue/

Why is the Air Force AWOL on the UAP Issue?

Old Feb 3, 2022, 05:13 PM   #528
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Chris Lehto said once the USAF bureaucracy was particularly bad. He was an F-16 fighter pilot there so had first hand experience but its not the first time Ive heard it said that USAF doesnt cooperate well with the other services and I imagine any kind of public inquiry.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:34 AM   #529
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...ion/vi-AATuteV

UFO Expert Chris Mellon: Based On What We Know About UAPs, Aliens Are The BEST Explanation

Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:45 AM   #530
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
UFO expert Christopher Mellon
What the **** sort of qualifications makes someone a "UFO Expert" I wonder?

Quote:
Christopher Karl Mellon (born October 2, 1957),[1] is a private equity investor,[citation needed] former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations and later for Security and Information Operations. He formerly served as the Staff Director of the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Quote:
The Secretary of Defense Meritorious Public Service Award,
The Secretary of Defense Outstanding Public Service Award,
The National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal,
The Defense Intelligence Agency Director’s Medal,
The National Imagery and Mapping Agency Medallion for Excellence
Source

Well ****, I guess this guy is as good as any to listen to.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:51 AM   #531
pax
Rage3D Spammer

His credentials and also he has worked on the issue for some time now over 10 years... Expertise can be developed by almost anyone given enough time working on an issue.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 5, 2022, 11:17 AM   #532
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
His credentials and also he has worked on the issue for some time now over 10 years... Expertise can be developed by almost anyone given enough time working on an issue.
I was being somewhat facetious. But also was struck by how you could be an expert on a thing no one knows what it really actually is.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:28 PM   #533
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Sure I was thinking more hes an expert on how to approach the subject and gather information from valid sources like gov agencies...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 6, 2022, 09:35 AM   #534
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Doing something for a long time does not an expert make.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 04:04 PM   #535
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Feb 6, 2022, 07:37 PM   #536
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
It could still be witches!

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 08:48 PM   #537
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:08 PM   #538
pax
Rage3D Spammer

AWSAAP was more extensive than we thought:

https://www.liberationtimes.com/home...n-are-profound

Quote:
The AAWSAP team was composed of the world’s brightest scientific minds, with 75 years of research into UAP and more than 250 years of combined scientific research experience.

The team approached investigations by thinking out of the box, leaving behind the stigma and rigidness seen so much within academia.

James Lacatski, one of AAWSAP’s program managers, is a leading and widely respected rocket scientist, who worked for the Defense Intelligence Agency.

The other program manager was the acclaimed biochemist, Colm Kelleher, who was described by Nuclear Propulsion Space Engineer Eric Davis as:

“An exceptional practising scientist and program manager/director in the commercial/entrepreneurial space exploration industry and in life sciences and medicine.”

Kelleher and Lacatski, together with Knapp, commented that AAWSAP was extensive, dwarfing any previous UAP projects, including Project Sign, Grudge, and Blue Book.

Speaking about the breadth of talent and expertise involved, the authors commented:

“AAWSAP had fifty full-time personnel; including PhD and MSc scientists, engineers, technicians, physicians, military intelligence professionals, database analysts, information technology workers, Brazilian, French, Russian translators, and security officers.

All were working exclusively on the UFO problem.”

AAWSAP was a big deal, run by serious professionals, and its influence can still be felt to this day.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 8, 2022, 02:06 PM   #539
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

https://thedebrief.org/opinion-when-...ly-be-turning/

Opinion: When it Comes to the USAF and UAP, the Tide May Finally Be Turning

Quote:
One day after Chris’s article appeared, an Air Force officer contacted me regarding UAPs. The timing was purely coincidental; it was in response to my inquiry regarding a UAP event that supposedly occurred in late 2021 and involved the USS Kearsarge. During our conversation, the officer described a briefing he had attended in May 2021 preceding a planned exercise.

During the briefing, he and the other personnel observed a slide presentation that explained what to do if they encountered a UAP. They were clearly instructed to complete the Air Force reporting form, which has drawn-shapes of several different types of UAP they could encounter (plasma-like balls, tic-tacs, disks, etc.). It also featured specific questions, such as whether the UAP interfered with their radar operation. This was all new, the officer pointed out, something that would not have occurred 18 months ago. He found the stigma associated with this subject in the Air Force had significantly changed.

Old Feb 11, 2022, 05:31 PM   #540
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands