Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

View Poll Results: Which mobile OS is best, Palm, Mobile Linux, Windows Mobile 2003, or PocketPC?
Palm 1 100.00%
Linux 0 0%
Windows 0 0%
PPC 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 4, 2004, 07:33 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fox5
Radeon Northern Islands

Fox5 is still being judged by the masses

Default PALM OS vs Mobile Linux vs Windows Mobile 2003 vs PocketPC

Which one is the best OS and why, and what are the problems with the others?
I've been looking at the Tapwave Zodiac which uses Palm.(but it seems it doesn't work with generic palm hardware, and palm's software support isn't as good as pocketpc?) Stupid $80 keyboard appears to be the only keyboard available for it.....

Sharp Zaurus with Mobile Linux....however these devices are a bit rough around the edges, and the high power ones are very expensive.

Windows Mobile 2003 on the Dell X30, which seems to pack a lot of power. Of course, I'd imagine software selection is even more limited on this since it isn't a true version of windows, but it does appear to have a full version of microsoft word and excel(probably complete with spell check), and I'm not sure if other pdas would offer similar functionality.(in word)

And I haven't seen anything using PocketPC that caught my eye, but just noticed that many reviews of Palm devices basically fault them for not being pocketpc.
Fox5 is offline   Reply With Quote