Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 9, 2022, 04:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies Done with Samsung just bought an iPhone

Well after my third cancelled upgrade order (after they told me it would go through) I'm done with Samsung mobile. Been with them for about 5 years upgrading even when the upgrades were marginal and now they've shat on me once too often.

Just ordered an iPhone 13 Pro form the UK Apple store on two years interest free credit and it sailed through. I get a bonus in June so will probably pay it off early. I've agreed to sell the S21 to a friend for £350 and the Galaxy watch for about £80 so that more than settles the Klarna account.

I've still got my old Galaxy Watch 3 and I paired it with an old iPhone 6S and it works flawlessly. Should be even better on my new iPhone 13. Before Samsung cancelled my order the shipping date was 24th April whereas my new iPhone is arriving in two days.

I was the last bastion of Android in my family now we're all Apple fans
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2022, 06:29 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'll never buy into their walled Garden. But enjoy your phone man, they are still pretty slick and with the rest of your fam on it, it will rock.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2022, 08:20 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Funny, my Note 5 pushed me to an iPhone 6s+ too, and wow after 2 years with that POS I was so happy to go back to Android.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 9, 2022, 09:39 PM   #4
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Enjoy your new phone with free updates for it's useful lifespan.

I don't do android unless it's a google phone or a oneplus. The rest are a security nightmare. I even have a special wireless vlan just for those things when my kids friends come over with one asking for wifi.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:01 PM   #5
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

I don't do android unless it's a google phone or a oneplus. The rest are a security nightmare. I even have a special wireless vlan just for those things when my kids friends come over with one asking for wifi.
No kidding, still on iphone7 which should be 6 years come September. Most likely will get replaced this year as the original battery is noticeably degrading on me now. WFH has allowed me to not have to charge it up to 100% or allow it to drop below 20%.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2022, 06:34 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Somebody told me I would eventually miss Android and go back after getting the 12 pro max, but iOS has come a long way over the years. Haven’t regretted the move at all.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2022, 08:51 PM   #7
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

A mixed bag for me lol

The Galaxy S7 Edge was one of the greatest phones I ever used. Guess I saw Samsung with rose tinted glasses when I bought the Note 10 Plus... which wasn't all that great when I look back. Fingerprint scanner was plain garbage, and although the camera was decent, the annoying camera lag was an obvious issue.

Went with the iPhone 12 Pro Max, and I honestly, when it was first released, it was a buggy mess. Screen had an obvious yellow tint (which was fixed in a subsequent update.... almost half a year later) and it had frequent crashes. Nevermind overheating whenever I play games on the darn thing. Again, I bought an iPhone because of rose tinted glasses (loved the iPhone X).

Thank goodness though, my iPhone 13 Pro is next to perfect. Smooth screen with great colors, great camera, and doesn't run hot.

Lucky I gave the iPhone another chance.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2022, 02:58 PM   #8
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Form factor drove me to Apple. I needed a new phone and the SE was the only thing my carrier supports that is actually mobile. So far it hasn't been that painful at all.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 09:12 PM   #9
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazindu View Post
Form factor drove me to Apple. I needed a new phone and the SE was the only thing my carrier supports that is actually mobile. So far it hasn't been that painful at all.
??? How so?

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Apr 8, 2022, 03:49 PM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
??? How so?
In terms of size, I assume. I haven't looked at the SE, but it is fairly small, if I'm not mistaken. They're actually priced really nicely too..

I will say my GFs iPhone 12 (non Pro, non Max) is actually kind of nice in terms of hand-holding size. With that being said, I looked at a Google Pixel 6 Pro today. Felt pretty nice in my hands..

Jumping ship off the sinking OnePlus boat soon, I think.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2022, 04:35 PM   #11
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

Samsung provides like, 4 years of system updates these days.
My note 9 still receives security updates too.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2022, 05:53 PM   #12
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Samsung as gotten better on the support front. Newest phones are the first to get 4yrs of regular updates. Can only imagine how long the security updates will go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
In terms of size, I assume. I haven't looked at the SE, but it is fairly small, if I'm not mistaken. They're actually priced really nicely too..

I will say my GFs iPhone 12 (non Pro, non Max) is actually kind of nice in terms of hand-holding size. With that being said, I looked at a Google Pixel 6 Pro today. Felt pretty nice in my hands..

The pricing of the SE is amazeballs. It's just a shame they didn't update it's physical build. But the regular S22 and SE are very close in size.

But personally, I can't support Apple. *shrug*, only vote I get as a consumer is with my wallet and they aren't getting my vote till they change course on how they handle their stuff.(let me repair stuff properly, get the computer hardware and MacOS in order and I'd reconsider. But I don't see it happening, so I'm not buying their stuff)

System:
Old Apr 9, 2022, 03:41 AM   #13
Galmok
Rage3D Veteran

Galmok is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Samsung as gotten better on the support front. Newest phones are the first to get 4yrs of regular updates. Can only imagine how long the security updates will go for.
I bought the S10+ 2 years and 5 months ago and Samsung just announced they will only provide security updates from now on and only every 3 months. The newest phones may receive updates for 4 years, but this is uncharted territory for Samsung and I wouldn't trust them to live up to it.

If Samsung really meant it, they would provide 4 years of updates for older high end phones as well.
Galmok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2022, 03:34 PM   #14
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:

Have you seen the reviews of the Pixel 6 Pro? Was going to be my first choice but having read the reviews and forums the software is a POS. Loads of issues and for some unusable. Google it you can't miss them. I'm not coming back to Android I'm afraid. Samsung with crappy Exynos 2200 no thank you and Google with crappy POS OS good bye.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Apr 9, 2022, 05:04 PM   #15
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Software was rough on release, yeah. I'd imagine they've patched it by now.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 9, 2022, 05:16 PM   #16
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Software was rough on release, yeah. I'd imagine they've patched it by now.
Google it it's still very bad. Sad for a company that tries to make money with its software. The Pixel phone is truly awful just look. Sad. I liked Android but my iPhone 13 Pro just works which my S21 didn't and the S22 doesn't either. Crappy Samsung chips for European market. Time to move on..
Old Apr 9, 2022, 06:35 PM   #17
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Not sure that's fair Lordhawkwind. There a tons of issues with iOS as well if you google into it.

But your completely right on the whole Samsung debacle. Honestly, given the limitation their Qualcomm deal puts on how they can even deploy Exynos they should just drop it already. They aren't spending enough to really pull it off and they can't use it widely enough to make the investment worth it.

System:
Old Apr 11, 2022, 01:14 PM   #18
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Also gave up on Android devices and went iPhone a half year ago.

Mostly got tired of watching Apple announce OS updates, and then watching everyone get the newest features and enhancements 6 months later. On the Android side, you buy a Samsung phone and if you want the latest version of Google well **** you.

That and I got tired of carrying around multiple chargers for the different phones in the house. Just get an iPhone and everyone uses the same chargers or cables. Done. Easy.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2022, 02:36 PM   #19
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyhazindu can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
??? How so?
I was happily using an Unihertz Atom XL until AT&T shut off my sim and forced me to use some slow, vendor bloatware laden POS. After a few months of Waze crashing, android auto not working half the time, and other smaller problems I decided to go with the latest reasonably small phone I could find. The SE has about the same volume, perhaps a bit less frontal area, and is lighter than the Atom Xl.

Working in IT for 20 years, I've almost exclusively had bad experiences with Apple such as: mandatory synchronization software for music players, comically un-intuitive\unstable management software for ipads, and an inability to save accounting settings for our xerox printers. The SE is my first ever personal Apple product (it literally says "(Product)" on the back) and I'm quite pleased and surprised with how well thought out the software is. I can always nitpick if you like, but overall, this is the best phone I've ever used.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 06:26 PM   #20
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazindu View Post
I was happily using an Unihertz Atom XL until AT&T shut off my sim and forced me to use some slow, vendor bloatware laden POS. After a few months of Waze crashing, android auto not working half the time, and other smaller problems I decided to go with the latest reasonably small phone I could find. The SE has about the same volume, perhaps a bit less frontal area, and is lighter than the Atom Xl.

Working in IT for 20 years, I've almost exclusively had bad experiences with Apple such as: mandatory synchronization software for music players, comically un-intuitive\unstable management software for ipads, and an inability to save accounting settings for our xerox printers. The SE is my first ever personal Apple product (it literally says "(Product)" on the back) and I'm quite pleased and surprised with how well thought out the software is. I can always nitpick if you like, but overall, this is the best phone I've ever used.
Ooooo burned by the carrier. Oh well, enjoy the new phone

System:
Old Apr 15, 2022, 04:31 PM   #21
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Also gave up on Android devices and went iPhone a half year ago.

Mostly got tired of watching Apple announce OS updates, and then watching everyone get the newest features and enhancements 6 months later. On the Android side, you buy a Samsung phone and if you want the latest version of Google well **** you.

That and I got tired of carrying around multiple chargers for the different phones in the house. Just get an iPhone and everyone uses the same chargers or cables. Done. Easy.
What was your last android phone?
Everything I've ever had has been either Mini USB or USB C. (Everything is USB C these days, even mac books. Except Iphones, for...some reason).

My Note 9 still gets security updates, although no new feature updates. (New security update rolling out now actually).

A lot of what I'm hearing complaints about Android in this thread hasn't been true in at least 5 or 6 years. And I'm free of Apples walled garden. (My wife uses iPhones, so I'm still up to date on them. Shoot, she has the iphone 13 Pro max and I don't see any reason to want that over my Note 9, I have more features than she does outside of Face ID.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:07 PM   #22
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Just get an iPhone and everyone uses the same chargers or cables. Done. Easy.
I wish that was the case. MacBook? USB-C. iPad? USB-C. iPhone? Lightning. WHY

They're moving to USB-C it seems for iPhone's now too. Most Androids have been USB-C for some time as well..
Old Apr 25, 2022, 02:47 PM   #23
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I have more features than she does outside of Face ID.
I do loves me some face ID though. They will have to pry my face unlock enabled android from my cold dead fingers.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2022, 03:49 PM   #24
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I gave myself 2 years with the 12pro and IOS and I can't wait to get back to Android. Looking at the 22ultra currently.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2022, 08:59 PM   #25
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

..until you used iPhone for a while and miss Samsung.

I've been using the iPhone for two years straight now, and it's not perfect either. iPhone 12 Pro Max was absolute trash (yellowish screen, slow UI) until updates half a year in fixed the issues. The iPhone 13 Pro is the one the best phones I've ever used, but it also has its issues. Due to its superb battery life, Apple had to make it thicker and heavier. Feels "unbalanced" on the hand and without a proper grippy case, it easily slips off my hands. And at that, it's not nearly as comfortable to hold than previous lighter+thinner 6.1" iPhones.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to what Samsung is coming up with next year. No way am I getting an iPhone 14 when it's the same design again this year.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2022, 11:19 PM   #26
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I gave myself 2 years with the 12pro and IOS and I can't wait to get back to Android. Looking at the 22ultra currently.
Qualcomm is going to release snapdragon 8 gen1+ soon. I wonder if Samsung would switch. Samsung 4nm sucks.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 04:20 AM   #27
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Qualcomm is going to release snapdragon 8 gen1+ soon. I wonder if Samsung would switch. Samsung 4nm sucks.
Maybe I should wait till the next releases.

It seems all the latest phones have mixed reviews and issues more than usual.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2022, 09:49 AM   #28
A2597
A Peculiar Person

The S22 Ultra is sure tempting, but enjoying *not* paying for a phone right now.
Note 9 has been paid off for awhile. Goal is to wait until my wife's iPhone 13 is paid off before I upgrade. (which would mean 5 years out of the note 9...it's still a great phone).

Is kinda amazing how far photography has come with these phones though. My Note 9 could capture images in the dark where my wifes iPhone 8 Pro would see only black. Last night her iPhone 13 Pro Max took a picture where my note 9 only saw black.

Phones see better in the dark than we do at this point, haha (at least with a 10 second exposure)

Quote:
Old May 24, 2022, 01:25 PM   #29
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

The S22 Ultra is an incredible device.
No way would I pick an iPhone over it, under any circumstance whatsoever.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2022, 02:09 PM   #30
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

for 1.3k bucks it better is incredible

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote