Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 25, 2022, 05:36 PM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You know how I feel about these leakers, Bill. They throw poop at a wall repeatedly.

Maybe flagship AIB cards will allow 800w power limit BIOS, but I really don't see the Founders Edition or reference design offering anything nearly that high.
who buys reference

i think my last reference design was two 4890's that i put waterblocks on

after that blocks for aftermarket cards got more common
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 06:38 PM   #782
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
who buys reference

i think my last reference design was two 4890's that i put waterblocks on

after that blocks for aftermarket cards got more common
Hah! You know the Founders Edition on the 3080/3080TI/3090 all have higher quality VRM and MOSFETs than the EVGA FTW3? They're built solid. Reference design is questionable.. that aims more at the Zotac, PNY, Gigabyte lower-end models though.

I really like the FE, they are built well and block availability is excellent .. the problem is the lower power limit for me. If I felt like dealing with shunt modding, I'd jump on one. The FE typically (at least with Ampere) have very good silicon quality on average. I'd say they're better binned than FTW3 or STRIX cards, but that's just my observations.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 06:59 PM   #783
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

When I read rumors of the extreme power numbers -- sku's similar to Evga's Kingpin edition entered my mind. Many times rumor mongering conflate things and why it is more entertaining than anything else. It is somewhat concerning that the power requirements may be getting higher but it needs the performance context, too.

Not a fan of rumors based on a lot of them are wrong, missing overall context, and throw so many rumors so they can spin how right they are. If Nvidia can deliver dramatic performance gains then the wattage trade-of may be worth it for many enthusiasts.
Login or Register to remove this ad