Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 1, 2021, 08:51 PM   #7531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

PC Master Race

Quote:
...nunz's beast...

I think it looks f_cking awesome, don't know what they're on about. I'm really digging those rads and the whole build has a great industrial look. Probably better with just white lighting though.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 08:23 AM   #7532
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Thanks bud. Different strokes for different folks; I might add a small white LED in the back near the exhaust fan so that you can see the Heatkiller block (it's gorgeous all nickel with silver Bitspower fittings) but that will be down the road.

The main thing is that performance is absolutely stellar
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2021, 08:32 AM   #7533
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What are the temps like with your setup?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2021, 09:27 AM   #7534
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
What are the temps like with your setup?
CPU is a very 1:1 comparison. I was running direct-die with the same LM with an EVGA 360 AIO (lapped the plate) with 3x Noctua A12x25's @ 1250rpm. Same basement, roughly same ambient (maybe 1-2c difference). I'm running fans now at 1000-1100 (staggered fan speeds).

I went from 80-85c max during RealBench (with Core4+Core6 touching 89-92c - they're my hottest cores always) to 58-60c max with Core4+Core6 topping at 62-64c.

The GPU was also massive, but not really a fair comparison. My 3080FTW3 was on the Hybrid cooler on a 450watt BIOS (2x Noctua A12x25). I would see 65-66c max during sustained loads. With the 3080TI STRIX on 450watt BIOS, seeing 45c max with fans at 1100rpm.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 2, 2021, 12:35 PM   #7535
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

You should maybe consider the displate of the 011D. Turn the entire front pannel to a pump/res combo to save space.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2021, 01:04 PM   #7536
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
You should maybe consider the displate of the 011D. Turn the entire front pannel to a pump/res combo to save space.
I thought about it, but I don't love this case enough to pay for a distro plate that costs as much or more than I paid for the case as a whole. I do know of the plate you're talking about though.

I'm currently considering a Thermaltake W100 with the P100 pedestal. It's the closest thing to a CaseLabs. I wish I had the money to buy one when they were still around ..
Old Jul 3, 2021, 08:58 PM   #7537
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

New proc installed this morning.

With Noctua U12S and 5700XT. MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC motherboard (for any randos from the internet who want to know what kind of clearance to expect). Case is Fractal Design Define 7.

And finally what it looks like powered on.

Thanks to meh good lord Jeebus that I opted for the tinted tempered glass to hide that hideous cooler.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2021, 10:30 PM   #7538
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

All the hate, but not bad for your first go at it Nunz. Soft tubing is a bitch to make a clean "pretty" build. Hard line is also a bitch and costs a small fortune unless you're God tier at bends, and don't need a distro plate like my pleb ass.

I will say hard line seems much easier to drain.

Last edited by Greasy : Jul 4, 2021 at 09:35 AM.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:44 PM   #7539
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Bitch post yours

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2021, 02:14 AM   #7540
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I need to post some solid color shots of mine.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2021, 09:35 AM   #7541
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Bitch post yours
It's still not finished.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:02 AM   #7542
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I need to post some solid color shots of mine.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2021, 05:34 PM   #7543
Evileh

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
It's still not finished.
At the rate you are going it's never gonna be ffs post it

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Old Jul 6, 2021, 06:07 PM   #7544
Greasy
ODI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
At the rate you are going it's never gonna be ffs post it
Bish, I don't want to put the block on my GPU, because I can't replace the damn thing if something does go wrong. For now I bridged the GPU slots on the distro plate.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 12:04 AM   #7545
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Bish, I don't want to put the block on my GPU, because I can't replace the damn thing if something does go wrong. For now I bridged the GPU slots on the distro plate.
which means it's done so post

Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:09 PM   #7546
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Gay I herd you like RGB

Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:33 PM   #7547
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2021, 10:36 PM   #7548
KAC
It might be gays!

I am going to open it today to rewire the fans and fix that. It must have done this when I was trying to shove the back panel lol.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 09:59 AM   #7549
KAC
It might be gays!

Ended up going back to original setup.

Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:14 AM   #7550
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Cool, so you gonna do a giveaway of the cooler since you aren't using it?
Old Jul 17, 2021, 10:16 AM   #7551
KAC
It might be gays!

Sure I can. Someone just needs to pay shipping.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:25 PM   #7552
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:42 PM   #7553
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I love it!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:49 PM   #7554
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Did you make that Dave? It's awesome
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:53 PM   #7555
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

Jeez Dave, save some creativity for us.
Very cool!
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:02 PM   #7556
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsDave glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Did you make that Dave? It's awesome

No I did not

https://mycherrytree.com/collections...-borg-cube-atx
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:27 PM   #7557
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I hate Star trek but that's a damn cool case. Blueprint art is a nice touch too.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 12:00 AM   #7558
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Need to update your system spec's Dave

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 09:00 AM   #7559
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Holy crap Dave…I can’t even go back into my own man cave after those pics lol.

Very nice
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 02:05 PM   #7560
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Amazing, but daaaamn... I have a hard time convincing myself to spend 1/5 of that on a case. (yes, I'm cheap.)

"Um... yeah, honey, it's art. It uh... warns of the dystopian future ahead for all of us if we let technology rule our lives. I need to be reminded of that constantly."

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote