Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Mar 22, 2003, 12:22 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bzjams369

bzjams369 is still being judged by the masses

Default Video Overlay, Clone mode and Theater Mode. Windows Media Player only???

I have searched through the archives of this forum, and have found some similar issues listed, but nothing specifically identical to my issues.

I use my computer as a video player with the TV out option occasionally. I use the Clone mode/Theater Mode option in the overlay settings, which works great in the following programs (Playing DVDs or other video files):
Windows Media Player (v9.0)
Interactual Player

Using the Theater mode in the following programs does NOT work.
PowerDVD (OEM v3.0)
WinDVD (OEM, older version dunno which one)
ATI DVD Player
None of these players will invoke the full screen video settings on the TV. I can see the video play on the TV output, i.e. the clone mode works, but it won't go full screen, the Theater mode doesn't work.

Any ideas on how to fix/enable this mode with any of the above programs? I don't mind using WMP 9 to play DVDs/video, but would prefer to use PowerDVD.

Also, is there a way to force the TV out during clone mode to 800x600? Currently, when clone mode is enabled, the TV display pans right/left/up/down when moving the mouse around. My monitor desktop is set at 1280x1024. If I could get the clone mode resolution to match the TV resolution, I could then just play the movie full screen, but doing this when Theater mode isn't on results in the video being too large for the TV.

Here's the machine specs:
Epox 8rda+ (nforce2) mobo using OB sound/LAN
Athlon xp 2200+
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro
768 mb PC 2700 Ram
WD 120 gb HD

Anybody have any ideas???
Old Mar 22, 2003, 09:22 AM   #2
X
Radeon R600

X is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
None of these players will invoke the full screen video settings on the TV. I can see the video play on the TV output, i.e. the clone mode works, but it won't go full screen, the Theater mode doesn't work.
Can you see the desktop at the same time as the video? (on the tv?) If the tv and monitor are both showing desktop and video then the hardware overlay is not working. In clone mode the real overlay will only display on the desktop and the TVOUT will show the player with only a black picture

you may have the wrong theater mode selected. You should select the one called THEATER MODE not the option called "same on all"

If you do have theater mode selected, then possibly something is screwed up with the install. Remove the drivers and control panels and reinstall. You might aslo remove any tweakers why you test this out.