Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:27 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Gotcha. I have not even found where this "abyss" gauntlet/descending floor challenge is yet. Assuming its post game or DLC content.
A new icon will show up on the map after you beat the game. It’s a series of “floors” made up of challenges that can net you better gear and perks.

999 floors
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:48 PM   #422
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
A new icon will show up on the map after you beat the game. It’s a series of “floors” made up of challenges that can net you better gear and perks.

999 floors
Nice, post game content is always a sweet bonus. Also good to know you can just continue playing after the credits.

Couple quick questions now if you don't mind (mainly because all gaming sites I could look this up on are blocked at my work):

1) If you go to NG+ do you still have access to the abyss challenge?
2) How is NG+ started in Nioh?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 01:13 PM   #423
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Nice, post game content is always a sweet bonus. Also good to know you can just continue playing after the credits.

Couple quick questions now if you don't mind (mainly because all gaming sites I could look this up on are blocked at my work):

1) If you go to NG+ do you still have access to the abyss challenge?
2) How is NG+ started in Nioh?
Don’t mind at all!

NG+ is accessible immediately after beating the vanilla game, and it shows as a difficulty option. Hit square to switch between Way of the Samurai (NG) and Way of the Strong (NG+)

Once unlocked, everything in Way of the Samurai remains accessible and playable including DLC, which is accessed seamlessly as another region that is unlocked, just as they have been unlocking for you all along. There’s no hidden or arcane puzzles to solve lol.

The Abyss is persistent across all difficulties and is accessible from all regions once unlocked. The icon will appear at the far upper left of the map.

Just as an FYI, you are exactly 2 main missions away from completing the vanilla game, but a whole lot more unlocks afterwards, and moving to the DLC just feels like you never completed the game, but are just pressing on to finish it.

It’s a great game that just doesn’t seem to have a finish line
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 20, 2021, 01:57 PM   #424
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Don’t mind at all!

NG+ is accessible immediately after beating the vanilla game, and it shows as a difficulty option. Hit square to switch between Way of the Samurai (NG) and Way of the Strong (NG+)

Once unlocked, everything in Way of the Samurai remains accessible and playable including DLC, which is accessed seamlessly as another region that is unlocked, just as they have been unlocking for you all along. There’s no hidden or arcane puzzles to solve lol.

The Abyss is persistent across all difficulties and is accessible from all regions once unlocked. The icon will appear at the far upper left of the map.

Just as an FYI, you are exactly 2 main missions away from completing the vanilla game, but a whole lot more unlocks afterwards, and moving to the DLC just feels like you never completed the game, but are just pressing on to finish it.

It’s a great game that just doesn’t seem to have a finish line
Thanks for the explanation. All that sounds like it would likely become apparent once I get there, but I'm just too eager to find out now.

I am fairly certain I'll still continue playing Nioh in some fashion after the main story mode ends. Just having too much fun with it that I'm not ready to put it down, and to top it off I feel like I'm only just starting to finally understand the soulmatching/reforging/tempering meta game.

I am actually genuinely wondering where would be the point that I would be done with it and ready to move on to Nioh 2. I do plan to try the DLC and hopefully get through it. But normally, I would not bother with NG+ but seems with Nioh there is enough new things added I may want to play through it. That said, I will have to see once I jump into it. May get to a point where I feel its just the same missions and I've been there done that, and don't need to finish it. But if there's enough new content like higher rarity weapons (green/orange) and new enemy types I may find it engaging enough to stick with. But I don't think I have quite the attention span as you with these games, and I do tend to want to play something else eventually. We'll see!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 02:35 PM   #425
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. All that sounds like it would likely become apparent once I get there, but I'm just too eager to find out now.

I am fairly certain I'll still continue playing Nioh in some fashion after the main story mode ends. Just having too much fun with it that I'm not ready to put it down, and to top it off I feel like I'm only just starting to finally understand the soulmatching/reforging/tempering meta game.

I am actually genuinely wondering where would be the point that I would be done with it and ready to move on to Nioh 2. I do plan to try the DLC and hopefully get through it. But normally, I would not bother with NG+ but seems with Nioh there is enough new things added I may want to play through it. That said, I will have to see once I jump into it. May get to a point where I feel its just the same missions and I've been there done that, and don't need to finish it. But if there's enough new content like higher rarity weapons (green/orange) and new enemy types I may find it engaging enough to stick with. But I don't think I have quite the attention span as you with these games, and I do tend to want to play something else eventually. We'll see!
I have to say I’m probably a one off - I can play a game like this trying everything for some time lol. That said, the DLC missions are for the most part quite different than the main game.

Just a note - there’s an old friend of yours waiting at the end of the DLC, and I just took his armor lol. Just had to toss that in there to pique your curiosity lol.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 02:45 PM   #426
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I have to say I’m probably a one off - I can play a game like this trying everything for some time lol. That said, the DLC missions are for the most part quite different than the main game.

Just a note - there’s an old friend of yours waiting at the end of the DLC, and I just took his armor lol. Just had to toss that in there to pique your curiosity lol.
Oh man, if I had to guess it would be an NPC of a Ninja Gaiden character, or boss fight since you said you "took" his armor. I will not spoil myself on that though, will wait to find out myself.

But just thinking of playing through Nioh with Ryu Hayabusa's Ninja garb would be amazing.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 03:12 PM   #427
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

I guess I'm missing something, but if I wanted to go backwards and farm something, how do I change regions? Or only available in NG+?

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 03:28 PM   #428
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
I guess I'm missing something, but if I wanted to go backwards and farm something, how do I change regions? Or only available in NG+?
It’s only after NG+ opens up. Until then it’s just square to change regions, but after you can hit square once to “zoom out” to see regions, and then the next square press changes the difficulty, for each + you unlock.

I might be wrong…but as you progress through difficulties, I think the percentage of missions you have to clear to unlock the next decreases. It seems I hardly cleared 30% of the game to go from way of the wise to way of the Nioh….

Edit: I may have missed your meaning - keep pressing square and you’ll cycle between difficulties
Old Oct 20, 2021, 03:29 PM   #429
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Not sure if it differs when you rebind buttons, but when on the map screen for me its X button on Xbox controller (or square button on PS controller).

Regardless, just look for the button prompts on the bottom of the screen. One of them should be for changing regions.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 04:17 PM   #430
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh man, if I had to guess it would be an NPC of a Ninja Gaiden character, or boss fight since you said you "took" his armor. I will not spoil myself on that though, will wait to find out myself.

But just thinking of playing through Nioh with Ryu Hayabusa's Ninja garb would be amazing.
Oops, missed this post…sorry it’s not Ryu - equally cool though. I love some of the looks available for the player if we don’t want the standard William look. I’ll post a screen grab later - no spoilers anywhere.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 04:34 PM   #431
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Couple of screens - one has a GS from the DLC - no real spoilers though.

Old Oct 20, 2021, 04:39 PM   #432
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So Phil:

I closed this thread this AM hoping you'd notice. Meteor emailed me promptly.... my troll was ruined.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 05:16 PM   #433
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So Phil:

I closed this thread this AM hoping you'd notice. Meteor emailed me promptly.... my troll was ruined.
I did notice that.

I thought about PMing you, then I thought leaving you wondering if I would was a better troll.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 07:26 PM   #434
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Looks like i ruined both your fun.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 07:54 PM   #435
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I just roll with it these days lol
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:34 PM   #436
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Looks like i ruined both your fun.
I was crushed.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 09:40 AM   #437
Lazy8s
One day at a time

So I’ve gone from a basically unstoppable tank to a very glass cannon build. Getting this build up to par is going to be a challenge, but it’s something interesting to play with. I just want to see if I can survive Way of the Nioh with it.

The upsides are the insane speed and agility, and just how much damage 1 kunai can do. Hino Enma in NG+ = 2 kunai

I’ll be using LW a lot though, to negate the massive damage I take from even a glancing blow.

Like I said, a challenge ….
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:39 AM   #438
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Dang, so yeah sounds like at that point (what is it, NG+4?) you really need to be using heavier/high level armor, unless you are getting so good at avoiding all attacks.

I suppose its doable if your damage output is high enough. I can't see myself having the nerves to survive long boss battles needing to be unhittable. Can't even imagine the stress level and sweaty hands. My gosh, I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it lol.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:47 AM   #439
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Dang, so yeah sounds like at that point (what is it, NG+4?) you really need to be using heavier/high level armor, unless you are getting so good at avoiding all attacks.

I suppose its doable if your damage output is high enough. I can't see myself having the nerves to survive long boss battles needing to be unhittable. Can't even imagine the stress level and sweaty hands. My gosh, I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it lol.
yeah well you saw what I did to the PS4 controllers

I watched a build video and yes, the damage output is super important. I’m going through some co-op and missions I never did earlier to farm umbracite for reforging perks.

And I actually beat the guy I got this from on NG++ without taking much damage, so I’m definitely getting better at dodging, because he is just fast as all heck.

From this point on kunai, discord and LW are my very best friends lol.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:47 AM   #440
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Just finished the giant skeleton thing... that was fun. Blew a lot of elixers on it though till I figured out that I needed to

relocate to the top of the hill for some heavy head shots once he collapses

The stomps are a lot like the tentacles for the Ocean level earlier, but with AOE. uggh.

I think I'm backing down a little to finish one that I'd skipped, and see whether I can farm any tatenashi or not.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:58 AM   #441
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Just finished the giant skeleton thing... that was fun. Blew a lot of elixers on it though till I figured out that I needed to

The stomps are a lot like the tentacles for the Ocean level earlier, but with AOE. uggh.

I think I'm backing down a little to finish one that I'd skipped, and see whether I can farm any tatenashi or not.
I think that Tatenashi build I just used had higher survivability than any other build I’ve ever tried. It took some tweaking, but they all do.

I may even go right back to it if this ninja build makes me cry too many times lol.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:15 AM   #442
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah at those higher NG+ levels I would imagine you would want some extra defense to at least be able to tank 1 or 2 hits. I just can't imagine having much fun with boss fights that can always one shot you. I mean, the payoff if you succeed is the feeling of a great accomplishment but the work to get it isn't much fun and too stressful IMO.

Quote:

Its a gimmick boss (I'm never a big fan of those). Like all gimmick boss fights its actually a really easy boss, once you know WTF you are supposed to do. Best strategy I ended up with was do not break both ankles at the same time before going up to the head. Break one ankle, run up to the the top and wait for the monk (Tenkai) to do his thing and bring the head down. Get as many attacks on the head as you can, then run back down break the other ankle and repeat.

I was breaking both ankles quickly at first and because I needed two separate shots at the head to finish him off it was just not happening. Was trying to rely on dodging the hand swipes and breaking the hands to get the head down again and was just too much a PITA. The strategy I explained above takes this thing out in about two minutes if done right.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 02:50 PM   #443
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I just found Hanzo in the Abyss - got all his smithing texts, plus he dropped a text for my favorite kusurigama in the game

I’ll build his armor set and then compare the 2. It’s just so nice to have the choice.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 03:10 PM   #444
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I just found Hanzo in the Abyss - got all his smithing texts, plus he dropped a text for my favorite kusurigama in the game

I’ll build his armor set and then compare the 2. It’s just so nice to have the choice.
Congrats on finally getting the drop.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 03:39 PM   #445
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Congrats on finally getting the drop.
It’s a relief. Hanzo’s armor is a bit tougher than the other guys, and with the right perks it powers up ninjitsu a bit better I think.

I like the looks of the one in the screen I posted better than either, but it’s not a good candidate for a Jutsu build, he just looks cool lol. It’s not the one I referred to earlier btw, just another end game character.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:34 PM   #446
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I just beat the Way of the Samurai, well, I saw the credits roll. But I still have another mission(s) to do before unlocking NG+. I'm assuming its just some epilogue mission to tie up the loose end of the story from that final cut scene.

As for the final level. Pretty awesome. Fun factor and aesthetically. I did figure there would be some sort of boss gauntlet to get to the final fight. Only seemed proper with this game. As for the final boss fights - Nobunaga, Kelley, and the 8-headed dragon Yokai thing, the Nobunaga fight was awesome, the Kelley fight was kind of meh, and I actually kind of liked the dragon Yokai fight. Wasn't a humanoid type boss which I prefer, but honestly it could have been much worse. The design of it definitely worked. It was intimidating at first, but it was really not too bad. Died a couple times to Nobunaga, but I managed to beat Kelley and then the dragon on my first attempt.

So that's all I have time for tonight. Took me roughly 2 hours for the final level and all bosses. I will have to pick it up again tomorrow and figure out what the last mission is.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 04:52 AM   #447
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Congrats Meteor! Looking forward to your thoughts after you get the last mission
Old Oct 22, 2021, 07:37 AM   #448
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Congrats Meteor! Looking forward to your thoughts after you get the last mission
Thanks, it was a wild ride.

I wouldn't expect a big review from me or anything. I've pretty much given you most of my thoughts as I've gone along and i think by now you know how much i like the game. I will probably just regurgitate a little to give some final thoughts.

Also was thinking, after the last mission is done i may take a break from Nioh to play 1 or 2 other games before jumping into NG+, just to keep it fresh. Also, there's a chance with the Autumn sales coming up that Nioh 2 might get discounted. I think i might rather try 2 next rather than NG+. We'll see though, all subject to change depending on how I'm feeling.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 08:06 AM   #449
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Thanks, it was a wild ride.

I wouldn't expect a big review from me or anything. I've pretty much given you most of my thoughts as I've gone along and i think by now you know how much i like the game. I will probably just regurgitate a little to give some final thoughts.

Also was thinking, after the last mission is done i may take a break from Nioh to play 1 or 2 other games before jumping into NG+, just to keep it fresh. Also, there's a chance with the Autumn sales coming up that Nioh 2 might get discounted. I think i might rather try 2 next rather than NG+. We'll see though, all subject to change depending on how I'm feeling.
I would absolutely do dlc first, because the story ties into 2, then jump into Nioh 2. The changes in NG+ and beyond are nice, but they are no replacement for the fun of new enemies/areas and a new game altogether.

Just one bit of info I’ll toss out to you- how to get to your old buddy lol

I don’t remember what it takes to unlock DLC 3 (Bloodshed’s End), but once the 3 main missions are done, the character I teased earlier unlocks. It’s “The Master Ninja” level. He’s one of the best, and possibly the toughest human opponent in the entire game.

Just tossing that out there for when you decide to go for it
Old Oct 22, 2021, 08:52 AM   #450
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Oh yeah, I forgot about the DLC. Just looked it up, appears to be three more separate regions and I assume probably harder than the main game content.

Yeesh, I just feel pretty satisfied right now but I guess there's still more Nioh to play. I will check it out after finishing the last main mission and decide if I want to complete it now or save it for later. Maybe I will wait until I get Nioh 2, and play the DLC then as a warm up to starting 2. I just feel kind of done and in a good place with the game at the moment. Kind of want to let it sit for now.