Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jul 20, 2003, 05:11 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United Kingdom England
Posts: 2,707
delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Unhappy No sound with WMplayer9 please spare a second any advice appreciated

Hello

due to my gigabyte 9700pro fan has failing
i have had to reinstall my old g3-200
i used the latest driver cleaners
and installed no probs so far

then i try to play cd whilst browsing online...as you do
window media player 9
then comes up with wmv files not supported
in fact any sound out of wmp9 and divX etc not supported

although intervideo dvdplayer & winamp still works fine...

unfortunately due to recently having to remove several virus nimda etc. restore was still switched off-DOH!!

i have reinstalled wmp9
wmp8&9 codecs
divx

still no luck

so if anyone has any ideas as how i can fix this without formating and a fresh install - it would be really appreaciated

specs

xp pro service pack1
2.6xp amd
gigabyte -7vaxp ultra
3200 512mb
latest via drivers
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2003, 11:28 AM   #2
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default Re: No sound with WMplayer9 please spare a second any advice appreciated

Quote:
Originally posted by delirium121
Hello

due to my gigabyte 9700pro fan has failing
i have had to reinstall my old g3-200
i used the latest driver cleaners
and installed no probs so far

then i try to play cd whilst browsing online...as you do
window media player 9
then comes up with wmv files not supported
in fact any sound out of wmp9 and divX etc not supported

although intervideo dvdplayer & winamp still works fine...

unfortunately due to recently having to remove several virus nimda etc. restore was still switched off-DOH!!

i have reinstalled wmp9
wmp8&9 codecs
divx

still no luck

so if anyone has any ideas as how i can fix this without formating and a fresh install - it would be really appreaciated

specs

xp pro service pack1
2.6xp amd
gigabyte -7vaxp ultra
3200 512mb
latest via drivers
I am in the same damn boat as you are ...

I installed Cat 3.5s ... and then I dunno what happened. But I'm stuck now. WMP is F***** and I haven't been able to find anything about it.

Currently I use PowerDVD and DivX Player 2.1 to view my movies ... but I still can't watch anything encoded with .wmv or .asf unless I convert them to AVI ... argh.

I feel your pain, we should keep in touch and try to solve this problem. I'd rather not re-install winXP ...but ...argh (been a while that my machine has needed to be cleaned anyway)

You can also add ... removed all and reinstalled all CODECS (the ones that I had installed before that had previously allowed me to see everything) Also tried to do an SP1 install ...nothing.

Hopefully we can fix this thing.
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2003, 04:11 PM   #3
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: United States New Jersey
Posts: 6,523
magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses


Default

Have you guys tried reinstalling DirectX? I couldn't help but notice that the programs that don't work usually use DirectSound by default (whereas i.e. Winamp uses WaveOut by default).
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2003, 04:14 PM   #4
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by magicknight0233
Have you guys tried reinstalling DirectX? I couldn't help but notice that the programs that don't work usually use DirectSound by default (whereas i.e. Winamp uses WaveOut by default).
actually ... I don't think I have tried re-installing DX. I guess I just assumed it was a problem with CODECS. I'll have to try that and get back to you.
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:17 PM   #5
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United Kingdom England
Posts: 2,707
delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

thanx for the response

well at least that saves the pain of reinstallinag xpsp1 again

havent tried reinstalling dx9a but its got to worth a try at least
.
.
.
odd problem though (i never released the dvd player was versatile lol).
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 03:01 PM   #6
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by delirium121
thanx for the response

well at least that saves the pain of reinstallinag xpsp1 again

havent tried reinstalling dx9a but its got to worth a try at least
.
.
.
odd problem though (i never released the dvd player was versatile lol).
Let me know how re-installing DX works out for you. I won't have the time to try it today.

Also I didn't quite understand what you meant by "odd problem"...

thnx
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 04:38 PM   #7
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United Kingdom England
Posts: 2,707
delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

ra!

the dc9a reinstall worked..

thanx alot

(odd problem..due to the fact that i would never have guessed that removing gfx drivers would cause audio problems - never heard of this occurring before - ).
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 04:39 PM   #8
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United Kingdom England
Posts: 2,707
delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

ra!

the dX9a reinstall worked..

thanx alot

(odd problem..due to the fact that i would never have guessed that removing gfx drivers would cause audio problems - never heard of this occurring before - ).
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 07:56 PM   #9
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by delirium121
ra!

the dX9a reinstall worked..

thanx alot

(odd problem..due to the fact that i would never have guessed that removing gfx drivers would cause audio problems - never heard of this occurring before - ).

excellent, I'll try it tonight! (knock on wood!)
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:57 PM   #10
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

hmmm how do you do a dx re-install ?

when I tried to re-install dx9a it just said "you have the newest version already ..." ...

any help ?
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 01:34 PM   #11
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United Kingdom England
Posts: 2,707
delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

just go to microsoft site and download 9.0a and press open
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 01:41 PM   #12
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by delirium121
just go to microsoft site and download 9.0a and press open
.

didn't work for me...

I already have dx9a installed, it just comes up and says that I already have the latest version and that I don't need to re-install it ... damn

anyone else ?
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:37 PM   #13
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: United States New Jersey
Posts: 6,523
magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeerak
.

didn't work for me...

I already have dx9a installed, it just comes up and says that I already have the latest version and that I don't need to re-install it ... damn

anyone else ?
Are you using the web install or the redist?
I don't know about the web install but my experience with the redistributable is that it should install regardless of whether you already have DX9a installed. Though if you're using WinXP, it could be XP acting like a stubborn piece of crap. But with Win98 or Win2K, it shouldn't give you any problems.
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:43 PM   #14
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by magicknight0233
Are you using the web install or the redist?
I don't know about the web install but my experience with the redistributable is that it should install regardless of whether you already have DX9a installed. Though if you're using WinXP, it could be XP acting like a stubborn piece of crap. But with Win98 or Win2K, it shouldn't give you any problems.
that was the web installer ... I'll try and find the redist...
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:58 PM   #15
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada The Knew Kommunist Republik of Kanuckistan
Posts: 3,843
Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Smeerak
that was the web installer ... I'll try and find the redist...
CALOO CALAAAY !!!

Thanks guys ... the sucker has officially been kicked in the butt!

It's all good, thanks for everyone's help on this matter : )
__________________
ʍq622 ƃunsɯɐs - qɯ023 sʇƃ0088 ɐƃʌǝ - qƃ4 - 0066ǝ
YOUR HEAD A SPLODE !
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad BIOS flash x800gt, any advice appreciated Seth0811 Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking 2 Sep 18, 2014 01:17 PM
CrossFireX problems - advice appreciated adadk Radeon Technical Support 3 Aug 16, 2008 01:32 PM
Advice help appreciated EliteHawk4787 Radeon Technical Support 0 Jul 28, 2004 03:53 PM
Which GPU Cooler to Buy? - Advice/Receommendations Appreciated -MB- Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking 13 Oct 24, 2003 11:44 AM
Poor FPS in CS - advice appreciated rstokes666 AMD Radeon Discussion and Support 8 May 22, 2003 07:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink