Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 1, 2022, 08:15 AM   #1951
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

The Godskin Duo is apparently one of the more difficult bosses to beat as melee player. So, what did I, a 100% melee user, do to negate my disadvantages?

That's right bitches. I did nothing to help myself, and just tried over and over and over and over again until those two bastards both toppled over into humps of blood.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 08:17 AM   #1952
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post

So, that's out of the way. Time to get my ass kicked by a whole new game area, in the Crumbling Farum Azula.
Farum Azula was one of my favorite isolated level areas of the game. So well designed for aesthetics and gameplay.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2022, 09:00 AM   #1953
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Farum Azula was one of my favorite isolated level areas of the game. So well designed for aesthetics and gameplay.
Same. Makes me wonder what happened to the design team afterward
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 1, 2022, 09:08 AM   #1954
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Same. Makes me wonder what happened to the design team afterward
Elden Ring was definitely a quantity over quality game, as most open world games are. It had its fair share of so-so designed areas. But it did have a good amount of good quality content in it and for the most part did not feel baron and life less like so many open world games tend to feel.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:06 AM   #1955
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Elden Ring was definitely a quantity over quality game, as most open world games are. It had its fair share of so-so designed areas. But it did have a good amount of good quality content in it and for the most part did not feel baron and life less like so many open world games tend to feel.
It did - still an amazing game, but I think Faraam-Azula would have been the best area to end it. All I remember after that point is lookatmeAOElookatmeAOE

Man that was annoying lol.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1956
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
It did - still an amazing game, but I think Faraam-Azula would have been the best area to end it. All I remember after that point is lookatmeAOElookatmeAOE

Man that was annoying lol.
Agree. They lost their way design-wise towards the end of the game.

Overall still a great game though, lots of fun to be had. But still loads of improvements need to be made. We'll see what they come up with for their next one. Like I've already talked about, they need to really wow me with some major improvements going forward for me to buy their next one (at least at release). As it stands now I think Elden Ring might be their pinnacle game, combining all their best game design over the past decade and bringing it into true open world. But if they try to just start churning out sequels without innovation I will pass.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:05 AM   #1957
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Agree. They lost their way design-wise towards the end of the game.

Overall still a great game though, lots of fun to be had. But still loads of improvements need to be made. We'll see what they come up with for their next one. Like I've already talked about, they need to really wow me with some major improvements going forward for me to buy their next one (at least at release). As it stands now I think Elden Ring might be their pinnacle game, combining all their best game design over the past decade and bringing it into true open world. But if they try to just start churning out sequels without innovation I will pass.
well, I’m going to be posting about the DLC after that drops, but I doubt there will be anything innovative in that, unless the bosses are higher quality, but as far as any new IPs go I would be pretty surprised if they continue to milk the Souls combat system. I love the game formula, and I’m just enamored with this open world, but the combat and associated systems really need to be refined to something better.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 01:14 PM   #1958
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

I remember this video back around release time that summed things up really well.

This is the kind of industry pitfall I hope From Soft is smart enough not to fall into.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 02:32 PM   #1959
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I remember this video back around release time that summed things up really well.

This is the kind of industry pitfall I hope From Soft is smart enough not to fall into.
“No shortage of great ideas, but a severe lack of new ones”

So Spot On
Old Aug 1, 2022, 02:50 PM   #1960
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
“No shortage of great ideas, but a severe lack of new ones”

So Spot On
Yep, that hits the nail on the head.

The thing though is, if their games are selling so well what motivation is there to come up with new innovative ideas? That's what worries me. I feel compelled to vote with my wallet against them doing that. Of course likely will be futile, as they gained so many new fans with Elden Ring. They could easily ride that wave and churn out the same feature set for another game or two.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 04:46 PM   #1961
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

I was sort of hoping that we would get From Software’s version of the Witcher 3. Instead we got semi-nonlinear Bloodborne. Not that that is that bad. Just not what I hoped for.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2022, 06:05 PM   #1962
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I was sort of hoping that we would get From Software’s version of the Witcher 3. Instead we got semi-nonlinear Bloodborne. Not that that is that bad. Just not what I hoped for.
I’m not really sure what I expected going in. All I can say is it’s the largest mix of amazing and disappointment by turns that I’ve ever played. They really did load the game with some truly memorable moments for me. That might be what made the disappointments that much tougher to swallow.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 06:06 PM   #1963
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yep, that hits the nail on the head.

The thing though is, if their games are selling so well what motivation is there to come up with new innovative ideas? That's what worries me. I feel compelled to vote with my wallet against them doing that. Of course likely will be futile, as they gained so many new fans with Elden Ring. They could easily ride that wave and churn out the same feature set for another game or two.
Agreed. I just hope they find a way to move forward rather than stagnate. I have so much time invested in their IPs I would really hate to see them go down that road.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:39 AM   #1964
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I’m not really sure what I expected going in. All I can say is it’s the largest mix of amazing and disappointment by turns that I’ve ever played. They really did load the game with some truly memorable moments for me. That might be what made the disappointments that much tougher to swallow.
I don’t even think I am that disappointed. The formula they pioneered is unique and awesome. I was just expecting something different.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2022, 07:41 AM   #1965
Meteor_of_War
Fear is your only god

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
I don?t even think I am that disappointed. The formula they pioneered is unique and awesome. I was just expecting something different.
I've learned to accept we're always going to get a "Souls" game of some form from them. Even when they veer off the path wIth a game like Sekiro, it still has Souls DNA.

I really want to see a major overhaul of their combat system. I want it to feel completely different and modernized. There are lots of other games in the genre to compete with now. Even if they are still selling the most doesn't mean they're the best anymore. The Nioh games have already beat them gameplay-wise IMO. The combat mechanics are the most important thing with these games and FS needs to step it up.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:11 AM   #1966
azalea
Radeon R520

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
The Godskin Duo is apparently one of the more difficult bosses to beat as melee player. So, what did I, a 100% melee user, do to negate my disadvantages?
I know what I'd do on this melee playthrough - use sleep pots. I just found out they're extremely effective on those guys, and beat the Volcano Manor Godskin Noble at level ~20. One pot and they fall asleep for a few good hits, after a couple of seconds.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 04:46 PM   #1967
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looks incredible

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2022, 03:00 PM   #1968
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post

Looks incredible
It really, really does!