Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 11, 2021, 09:05 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

When you say 40c outside, you mean like outside of your house right?

What does that have to do with your inside temps and case temps?

Is part of your case outside?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2021, 10:15 PM   #92
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
When you say 40c outside, you mean like outside of your house right?

What does that have to do with your inside temps and case temps?

Is part of your case outside?
He's trying to tell you he lives in a very hot place so it's hard to keep house cool.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:07 AM   #93
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

It's hot outside. So what. It's hot outside here too. Point is, the ambient room temps are all that matter. Not the outside temps. That is, unless parts of the computer are outside. Then it matters.

If the underside of the table is 30C then put a fan under there and vent the table. Might help. Better yet, get a ceiling fan to circulate the air in that room.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 12, 2021, 12:15 AM   #94
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No space to put a fan under the table. Either way, ambient room temps are also provided and outside temp is provided as a reference to state that I am keeping the environment as cool as is possible still this cooler is causing higher temps than my Corsair 360 cooler. Once my RGB fans are here it will be better.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 07:11 AM   #95
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

i moved my rig from under/beside the table on top of the table years ago. Well, we have two dogs and (had) a cat, so there's that. Much better temps up there too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 07:19 AM   #96
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

There has to be a better place to put the PC other than under your desk. No wonder setting the rad to intake didn't do much for your temps.

I also wonder if the lack of air is the reason why the thicker, more dense radiator of the Arctic is performing worse. It's harder to move air through it, and the fans are fighting too much static pressure so your air flow is worse with the Arctic than it was with the Corsair.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 07:58 AM   #97
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My PC sits on top of my desk. But its also in the basement in my hometheater room. I do not have air conditioning and its been 40c here in Deadmonton over the past few weeks, its been nuts. But my temps on my PC haven't changed.

KAC dawg, get a better case. Look at Gamers Nexus for high Airflow chassis'. And post back and we'll give some advice on cases.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 11:45 AM   #98
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Doesn't he already have one of the gamers nexus chart toppers in regards to airflow?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2021, 03:07 AM   #99
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
My PC sits on top of my desk. But its also in the basement in my hometheater room. I do not have air conditioning and its been 40c here in Deadmonton over the past few weeks, its been nuts. But my temps on my PC haven't changed.

KAC dawg, get a better case. Look at Gamers Nexus for high Airflow chassis'. And post back and we'll give some advice on cases.
P500A is a high airflow case Hapa recommended by Gamer Nexus. Wtf.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 01:50 AM   #100
KAC
It might be gays!

Bitch ass sexy fans are here. All with gaysy chain connectors so will be easy to setup. Will install tonight and post pics. Hopefully the push pull with similar static pressure fans will result in lower temps than my Corsair setup.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 08:07 AM   #101
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Your case sucks.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 3080Ti Sixtuple SLI KAC Edition, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 14, 2021, 09:01 AM   #102
KAC
It might be gays!

Bitch please.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:11 AM   #103
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Bitch please.

Get a better case.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:18 AM   #104
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If you can find a way to get the case out from under the table, that will be the biggest fix, I think. I had no idea you had it setup that way. I thought it was strange that you said your room is 24-25c or whatever, but your temps were so high. Makes sense since the warm air the PC is exhausting is just being trapped, and then recycled, since it has no where to go with the table above it. This also explains why you see little to no improvement running the AIO rad as intake -- you aren't pulling in fresh, cool air. You're just recycling the warm air that the case just exhausted over and over.

The case is solid; wouldn't change it.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2021, 11:48 AM   #105
KAC
It might be gays!

Running rad as intake did improve temps of CPU but it increased significantly overall temps within the case. However, now that I keep my case always open (due to mining) I have not tried that config again and can see if that does indeed reduce temps overall (since side is open).

When rad is intake it is pulling directly from open space in front of the case that is unobstructed.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 07:38 PM   #106
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

You should just install a 120mm fan on side panel blowing on GPU area, and leave rad front mounted as intake imo.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 07:57 PM   #107
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Never mind, don't know what I was thinking. Your case has a tempered glass side panel.

For shiits and giggles you could set rear fan to intake for more cool air, and exhaust all hot air from the top. /shrug
Old Jul 15, 2021, 09:07 PM   #108
KAC
It might be gays!

Added another 3 P12 fans in push pull now. Also got the RGB going.
Got 90.4 C in real bench down from 90.5 C earlier.

Reason why this cooler is **** is because of power used to control pump and 4 fans from a single cable. In Corsair I could run pump at 2200 RPM with fans at 1200 RPM but with this the pump is not getting enough power/RPM. I think I will disconnect the fans and see if I can control the pump through bios but my fear is it will make the little tiny fan go all noisy.

This whole setup is a poor design and I read this in a review that the pump is tiny and doesn’t get enough power to have high speed water flow. That is why no matter what I am doing I am still getting almost 5 C higher temps than Corsair H150i Pro.

Old Jul 17, 2021, 09:18 AM   #109
KAC
It might be gays!

I am happy to giveaway this cooler to someone who is willing to pay shipping. To calculate shipping you can choose your favorite carrier and calculate for about 2.2 KG shipping weight from Dubai to your destination.

Carriers available are Aramex, FedEx, UPS. You can either create a label or send monies through PayPal for shipping costs.

Last edited by KAC : Jul 17, 2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:43 PM   #110
KAC
It might be gays!

Still waiting for any takers. First come first served I guess.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 06:18 AM   #111
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Don't know that you'll get any takers because the price to ship from UAE is outrageously high.

Cheapest I could find was $150.00 USD to ship into the US.

It lists for $125.00 on Amazon....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Jul 21, 2021, 06:51 AM   #112
KAC
It might be gays!

Sounds like a deal lol.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:34 PM   #113
KAC
It might be gays!

I guess the answer is nobody. Hopefully I can use it for my Intel build.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:37 PM   #114
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I guess the answer is nobody. Hopefully I can use it for my Intel build.
Did you pay for shipping or did hapa?

The person who least needed it got it, still convinced it's was fixed since you guys are butt buddies.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:40 PM   #115
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Did you pay for shipping or did hapa?

The person who least needed it got it, still convinced it's was fixed since you guys are butt buddies.
log-chan spittin fax

I'll take it off you hands but you pay to ship since that's how giveaways werk.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:03 AM   #116
KAC
It might be gays!

I paid shipping from Canada to Dubai which was a discounted shipping service that I use and it still cost me about 65 bucks.
I think Hapa paid about 50 bucks to ship within Canada .
Also the giveaway was not fixed at all and I put my name in the hat as I was already considering an RGB version of the cooler. Which is what I did but unfortunately, it just didn't work out for me and there was no way of knowing that prior to receiving it so yeah. Think what you want I guess.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 12:15 AM   #117
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
log-chan spittin fax

Richest guy on rage wont pay for shipping on a giveaway

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2021, 06:23 AM   #118
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

It wasn't fixed, I just used a random number generator based on when each person entered. Unlucky that it landed on the Ayatollah of Ass.

KAC you might want to consider the new Corsair Cappelix with the new bock and pump. Block is much larger now and the pump has been re-worked.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 07:21 AM   #119
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Unlucky that it landed on the Ayatollah of Ass.