Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:16 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Charging is a PITA. How often do you guys charge and do you do it at home or fast charging network.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2022, 03:36 AM   #152
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

the charging network over here still is abysmal, i wouldn't use an ev even if i'd get it for free. If i absolutely had to go electric i'd get an hybrid.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2022, 04:49 AM   #153
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Charging is a PITA. How often do you guys charge and do you do it at home or fast charging network.

I do it at home, I don't use a supercharger unless I'm traveling. Work is close enough so I don't have to charge at work but I can if I need to since they have electric chargers there too.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 4, 2022, 06:46 AM   #154
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I have used a Supercharger once. Otherwise all my charging has been done at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
the charging network over here still is abysmal, i wouldn't use an ev even if i'd get it for free. If i absolutely had to go electric i'd get an hybrid.
Serious question, how many km/miles do you drive a day?

Last edited by Clockwork : Jan 4, 2022 at 06:54 AM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2022, 07:39 AM   #155
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Serious question, how many km/miles do you drive a day?
around 70 km / 43 miles (work and back home, not including any other activities)

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old Jan 4, 2022, 07:48 AM   #156
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Charging couldn't be easier. Plug it in at night and magically I have a fully charged car in the morning. More than enough range for my typical day. I've often gone several days without charging. Granted Covid has limited the need for some of the longer drives, but it has not been a problem for me whatsoever.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 08:42 AM   #157
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
around 70 km / 43 miles (work and back home, not including any other activities)
Then I don't really understand your concern or aversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Charging couldn't be easier. Plug it in at night and magically I have a fully charged car in the morning. More than enough range for my typical day. I've often gone several days without charging.
Exactly.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 09:14 AM   #158
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Not having to go anywhere to fill up my car during normal day to day driving would be a big plus to me. Having to supercharge or whatever for longer travel, that's fine, but I don't travel long distances all too often.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2022, 09:22 AM   #159
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Then I don't really understand your concern or aversion.
i'll quote myself

Quote:
the charging network over here still is abysmal,
Add to that the fact, that the _nearest_ (and only) charging station is around 6 kilometres from my working place (and no, it's not a fast charging one) and you'll get it, maybe. Oh, and since we're tenants, we couldn't even install a charging port at our house because the owner doesn't want it to be done. On top of that the prices of the ev's are a joke (a bad one).

Old Jan 4, 2022, 09:31 AM   #160
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Oh, and since we're tenants, we couldn't even install a charging port at our house because the owner doesn't want it to be done.
This is a valid concern. For anyone that is renting/leasing a property I can see how that would make life difficult if the fast charging infrastructure is poor where you live.

Here in the US some states have been passing laws requiring landlords to allow installation of chargers.

Last edited by Clockwork : Jan 4, 2022 at 09:42 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 09:53 AM   #161
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
This is a valid concern. For anyone that is renting/leasing a property I can see how that would make life difficult if the fast charging infrastructure is poor where you live.

Here in the US some states have been passing laws requiring landlords to allow installation of chargers.
it's just not an viable option (at the moment). On a sidenote: The development of electricity prices, at least over here, is terribad. Up, up and then some.... well, to be honest, you could say that for almost everything lately.

Old Jan 4, 2022, 09:59 AM   #162
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I think in the UK they've mandated new homes built include a charger.
But yes, unless you own a home, harder to access chargers.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:17 PM   #163
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I think in the UK they've mandated new homes built include a charger.
But yes, unless you own a home, harder to access chargers.
Home charging will cost a lot in Dubai. At least that is my assumption. I run 5 GPUs for mining and my bill went up by $120 per month since then. It’s profitable since I am making about $600 a month but still.

My total fuel cost for 2 cars per month is about $80 lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 05:54 AM   #164
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Home charging will cost a lot in Dubai. At least that is my assumption. I run 5 GPUs for mining and my bill went up by $120 per month since then. It’s profitable since I am making about $600 a month but still.

My total fuel cost for 2 cars per month is about $80 lol.
fuel cost to fill up my daily beater (ONCE) is around 110€ right now, yay......

Old Jan 5, 2022, 02:41 PM   #165
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

anyone noticed how alot of new EV's are looking quite similar?

Squinty/thin headlights eyes, and possibly a lightbar connecting them on a grilleless face that is sloped?
And interiors are starting to look identical too.....full width dash screen from driver to center console or a big tablet attached to the top of center console

I thought the Battery/skateboard setup was supposed to allow designers the freedom to create unique looking cars....now they all look like they could have been made by a single manufacturer following the one sausage different size philosophy..
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 02:51 PM   #166
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Just the trend of the motor industry... once they find something that works they stick to it..

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2022, 03:08 PM   #167
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

True for the entire industry:

Aerodynamics force cars to look alike.
You also get crap when you look different.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 03:11 PM   #168
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
True for the entire industry:

Aerodynamics force cars to look alike.
You also get crap when you look shitty.
yep