Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 8, 2022, 03:33 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Well the epilogue was terrible, one of the worst I've played, and full of bugs. Story elements made no sense, summary with white text on a black screen was pathetic. 2 minutes of a blank screen at one point. Four-phase boss fight that sucked from phase 1. Just all round awful. And apparently I got the good ending. Blah.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2022, 08:15 AM   #242
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Well the epilogue was terrible, one of the worst I've played, and full of bugs. Story elements made no sense, summary with white text on a black screen was pathetic. 2 minutes of a blank screen at one point. Four-phase boss fight that sucked from phase 1. Just all round awful. And apparently I got the good ending. Blah.
Thanks for the update. I’m passing on this for a while. Love the first game, just not hearing enough good stuff about the this one.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2022, 08:32 AM   #243
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

When killing human enemies, do their weapons disappear when they hit the ground for everyone? I think I've managed to salvage two weapons from dead enemies in 8 hours of play. Seems like a bug.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 8, 2022, 03:09 PM   #244
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
When killing human enemies, do their weapons disappear when they hit the ground for everyone? I think I've managed to salvage two weapons from dead enemies in 8 hours of play. Seems like a bug.
yep weapons vanish. Just part of the loot system I guess. I don't really like it but I mean you kill so many people that you'd have so many weapons they'd fill up your inventory.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 09:54 PM   #245
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I thought this was gonna have "years" of new content, kinda like DL1. If I'm not mistaken, maybe that's why a subpar ending. Still not an excuse, but a reason.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 02:45 AM   #246
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
I thought this was gonna have "years" of new content, kinda like DL1. If I'm not mistaken, maybe that's why a subpar ending. Still not an excuse, but a reason.
They have stated 5 years of new content. Will be cool, even if its as lackluster as most of dl1's stuff. Though man it would be awesome for another expansion like the following.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 03:13 PM   #247
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
There is only really one minor loose end and they'll probably have DLC about that. But the only way to fix the ending is to replace it entirely
Old Feb 9, 2022, 05:54 PM   #248
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
There is only really one minor loose end and they'll probably have DLC about that. But the only way to fix the ending is to replace it entirely
to be fair, the ending to the first game sucked arse until the expansion too. I wonder what the expansion will bring this time?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:35 PM   #249
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Look like to can edit the game config files to use FSR UltraQuality.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/forme...dying-light-2/

Person who figured it out thinks it's kinda weird... on why FSR UltraQuality isn't exposed in game and it leaves the sharpening pass basically disabled no matter what FSR preset you select....

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2022, 03:23 AM   #250
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post

Person who figured it out thinks it's kinda weird... on why FSR UltraQuality isn't exposed in game and it leaves the sharpening pass basically disabled no matter what FSR preset you select....
Cat and mouse and politics.

Quote:
AMD needs to quit forbidding devs to not include DLSS in their sponsored titles and NVIDIA should not intentionally try to make their tech look worse than it is, this just hurts gamers and no one falls for the tricks to begin with so what’s the point?”
Old Feb 11, 2022, 03:31 AM   #251
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yup. Lame both ways.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Feb 11, 2022, 03:39 AM   #252
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

good old cpu physx in arkham asylum man, its age old. Though i dont think any of the fighting has cost us as much as voxel based rendering and ray tracing. those were definitely a hindrance to gaming as a whole :/
Old Feb 11, 2022, 04:22 AM   #253
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I don't think that nvidia is to blame for dl2 not having the UQ preset, they've had no issues with the other nv sponsored titles including all of the quality levels.

IMO, they are not going to start being shady until FSR evolves, as the current version really isn't a real competitor to DLSS.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2022, 04:22 AM   #254
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Quote:
In conclusion, we suggest staying with DLSS Quality if you’re using the game’s Ray Tracing effects. These RT effects are quite demanding, and you’ll need all the extra performance you can get. In its current state, DLSS Quality offers the best performance/image-quality ratio. However, if you don’t use RT, you can go ahead and enable AMD FSR Ultra Quality. The reason we suggest this is because you’ll get a constant 60fps experience with AMD FSR Ultra Quality even at 4K on an RTX3080 (when not using any Ray Tracing effects).

or maybe you have a AMD card and DLSS doesn't work
another reviewer that only NV exists
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2022, 04:31 AM   #255
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I don't think that nvidia is to blame for dl2 not having the UQ preset, they've had no issues with the other nv sponsored titles including all of the quality levels.

IMO, they are not going to start being shady until FSR evolves, as the current version really isn't a real competitor to DLSS.
NV is always shady .

they fear that FSR works on everything even Intel or a GTX 1080 ti

and as soon as FSR does evolve DLSS is dead
Old Feb 11, 2022, 04:56 AM   #256
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:

And yet here we are. They also tried to deflect FSR with the NIS SDK, which was laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
NV is always shady .

they fear that FSR works on everything even Intel or a GTX 1080 ti

and as soon as FSR does evolve DLSS is dead
DLSS likely won't die entirely. But it's likely to become less relevant as other tech catches up. Nothing wrong with that, nVidia took a stab at something cool before anyone else. *shrug* Like EMBM, Anti-Aliasing, Glide, Mantle etc etc.

System:
Old Feb 11, 2022, 10:58 AM   #257
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
And yet here we are. They also tried to deflect FSR with the NIS SDK, which was laughable.

DLSS likely won't die entirely. But it's likely to become less relevant as other tech catches up. Nothing wrong with that, nVidia took a stab at something cool before anyone else. *shrug* Like EMBM, Anti-Aliasing, Glide, Mantle etc etc.
no like g sync it will be almost FSR renamed to DLSS

FSR will be baked in at the console level at some point
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:11 AM   #258
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

XeSS might end up being the winner since it will hit the streets sooner than FSR 2.X while also being open source.

That is, if it is actually good of course.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:31 AM   #259
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok before I give up and uninstall it, any hints on how to beat the bitch at the end of The following, I will give up soon and just watch it on YT as its ridiculously frustrating.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:32 AM   #260
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
XeSS might end up being the winner since it will hit the streets sooner than FSR 2.X while also being open source.

That is, if it is actually good of course.
intel hit a delay

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/in...022-entry.html
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:41 AM   #261
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Ok before I give up and uninstall it, any hints on how to beat the bitch at the end of The following, I will give up soon and just watch it on YT as its ridiculously frustrating.
dodge a lot, dont rush and get greedy. use the health regen to your advantage. it is pretty hard still

EDIT: incase you didnt know, there are two other endings as well. Fighting her is canon though.

Last edited by theshadowcult : Feb 11, 2022 at 11:50 AM.
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2022, 04:45 AM   #262
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
dodge a lot, dont rush and get greedy. use the health regen to your advantage. it is pretty hard still

EDIT: incase you didnt know, there are two other endings as well. Fighting her is canon though.
Thanks, came in fresh this morning and took 2 goes and finally did it. Hurrah.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:40 AM   #263
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

So me with a pleb non-RT GPU wondering why everyone says the game looks good. Go back to DL1 and confirm the lighting in DL1 is superior by an order of magnitude. DL2 looks trash.

Watch comparison video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFBchtnbDM ) with RT on/RT off and it appears that this is the first game I've played where they designed it around ray tracing, rather than tacking ray tracing on at the end of a game designed without it (like Cyberpunk, etc.)

If you're on the fence about getting this game, don't unless you have an RT capable GPU. Without RT many areas are too dark and you can't see the detail. Vegetation looks 'off' and it just looks bad in general without RT (unlike Cyberpunk, which looked fantastic).

I am a bit depressed that I'd need to spend at least $800, and it would only be for a stop-gap GPU that would need to be upgraded in a year, or $1500+ for a 6900XT that would have to be upgraded in two years if not sooner. Nevermind the $3000 3090 that would require a new PSU. Might be time to get XBox Series X and learn to play FPS with a controller.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:42 AM   #264
Mangler
PC

The xbox version looks the same as the pc version without RTGI though.

And if you want to have RT shadows on foliage, it runs at 1080p30.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 09:58 AM   #265
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
So me with a pleb non-RT GPU wondering why everyone says the game looks good. Go back to DL1 and confirm the lighting in DL1 is superior by an order of magnitude. DL2 looks trash.

Watch comparison video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWFBchtnbDM ) with RT on/RT off and it appears that this is the first game I've played where they designed it around ray tracing, rather than tacking ray tracing on at the end of a game designed without it (like Cyberpunk, etc.)

If you're on the fence about getting this game, don't unless you have an RT capable GPU. Without RT many areas are too dark and you can't see the detail. Vegetation looks 'off' and it just looks bad in general without RT (unlike Cyberpunk, which looked fantastic).

I am a bit depressed that I'd need to spend at least $800, and it would only be for a stop-gap GPU that would need to be upgraded in a year, or $1500+ for a 6900XT that would have to be upgraded in two years if not sooner. Nevermind the $3000 3090 that would require a new PSU. Might be time to get XBox Series X and learn to play FPS with a controller.
the division 1 and 2 looked almost as good as RT without the big hit

but RT has been very good for NV
Old Feb 12, 2022, 11:21 AM   #266
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
The xbox version looks the same as the pc version without RTGI though.

And if you want to have RT shadows on foliage, it runs at 1080p30.
I hadn't even looked into it yet. That sounds terrible.

Old Feb 12, 2022, 05:31 PM   #267
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Co-op is broken. 80% of games do not connect and the ones that do typically have broken quests or other bugs. I think I saw that it was actually in a better state just around launch but it's been this bad for about 4 days now and I give up.

Overall I'll give this one about 7/10 (original is 8.5/10). Parkour is great. Combat is good. Lots of activities, but also lots of repetition. Story meh. Ending horrible. Co-op broken. And the big one for me is that personally I think the night worked much better in DL1 than this sequel. It doesn't really matter if you find yourself out at night in this one. Even on hardest difficulty I find escaping the first level of a chase is too easy. And avoiding howlers is also simple.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 09:08 PM   #268
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Is everyone maxing fov? Twenty seems to mess with my eyes or something?

With all settings maxed @ 1440p, game pushes my gpu into the low 70c range.

edit: lol, aidens shadow is bald just like in cyberpunk.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 14, 2022 at 03:24 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 06:14 PM   #269
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

1.06c patch is out.

- Fix for the death-loop bug. It prevents players from new cases and fixes the existing ones.
- Added Backup Save system that allows players to rollback the game progress and their inventory to the last game’s secure storyline save point.
- Added support for the BLOCK, ACTIVE LANDING, and JUMP ATTACK rebindings on the keyboard.

According to Steam comments, it deletes saves for some people and introduces awful stutter.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:13 PM   #270
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

The sound glitch sucks. Usually occurs during a cut-scene.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote