Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 3, 2022, 01:31 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Links? Seems like the game is all over the place for performance. I mean it's not released yet, but

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 01:45 PM   #212
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnAn5TRz_2g

Looks like RT works with amd cards.

And the RT does not seem to be badly implemented at all, it's just doing a lot of heavy lifting if you enable everything.

The RT=on vs RT=off comparisons makes the vanilla game look like crap, RTGI ftw.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 02:33 PM   #213
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

That RTGI and RTAO really make it pop. The DLSS needs patching though and so does FSR so that it has the ultra quality mode.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 3, 2022, 04:37 PM   #214
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Yea looks like to get proper darkness at night you really need to play with RTGI on, otherwise it will look like last gen with full bright on at night. Those with amd cards will have to either really lower res to get RT settings, and nvidia people use DLSS.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 05:00 PM   #215
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

RT fully enabled FTW!

But yeah they need to fix DLSS, this wont run well unless you have a 3080 Ti and above for 1440p.

Also, game looks pretty good, I'd say wait out for a couple of patches if you have a backlog.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 05:19 PM   #216
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Re darkness: At night, outside, on rooftops, the night is somewhat bright and you can see reasonably far. Just before dawn is darker for a short time. Down at street level is one level darker. And inside areas are very dark.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2022, 09:23 PM   #217
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Torn on picking this up now, too bad I was excited.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 09:45 PM   #218
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If you liked the original, then this is worse story but overall better gameplay. However, worse collectathon crap.

I never finished first because I couldn’t be arsed so for me it might be a 5 dolla pickup to complete the collection kind of thing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 03:50 AM   #219
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If you liked the original, then this is worse story but overall better gameplay. However, worse collectathon crap.

I never finished first because I couldn’t be arsed so for me it might be a 5 dolla pickup to complete the collection kind of thing.
That is why the 500 hour thing means nothing to me. I'm not going to spend 500 hours playing 1 game for trophies... there are other games.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 04:13 AM   #220
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
That is why the 500 hour thing means nothing to me. I'm not going to spend 500 hours playing 1 game for trophies... there are other games.
Weak
Old Feb 4, 2022, 04:50 AM   #221
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Weak

Who got 500 hours for 1 game to collect stuff ? ... not me
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:02 AM   #222
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I kind of like the open ended narrative they seem to have in this one, if its actually well done. Seems each player could truly have a different story experience.

Still, I wasn't a huge fan of the first game so I'm in no rush to get this one.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:20 PM   #223
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status...60686506598403

Quote:
CapFrameX
@CapFrameX
Dying Light 2. Comparison Windows power plans.

Not sure when it was the last time I saw such a behavior. Thinking face

If you have performance issues High Performance power plan may help
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKxVtNtX...name=4096x4096

49 fps vs 69 fps going from windows balanced power plan to high performance.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 12:50 PM   #224
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

How is that even a thing? When did Windows do this? I've been on Balanced for however long that is. NOT ANYMORE. Still skeptical that it does anything.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2022, 01:22 PM   #225
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

When hunger and devastation is dawning on humanity this game is released...how big a coincidence...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 01:56 PM   #226
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
How is that even a thing? When did Windows do this? I've been on Balanced for however long that is. NOT ANYMORE. Still skeptical that it does anything.
It's not always a thing. There are allot of variables. For instance, AMD Ryzen hardware may not react the same way as Intel hardware in cases like this. In this case, it is a game bug.

System:
Old Feb 4, 2022, 02:47 PM   #227
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

244K concurrent players, looks like people really like parkouring the **** out of zombies.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 02:50 PM   #228
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
244K concurrent players, looks like people really like parkouring the **** out of zombies.
It's really fun so far...
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:16 PM   #229
switchAMG
Radeon Arctic Islands

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Alright. So I drank a bottle of black chook and bought it. Installed, cranked up settings and played for a couple hours. Haters gonna hate but it's really fun and looks great. Reminder for me to not listen to the elitist nerds.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:17 PM   #230
Megaman
Packing heat!

What GPU are you running and are you maxing them settings?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:26 AM   #231
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

He has a 3080.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 03:23 AM   #232
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Going to wait for sub £30 before I bite now, by then they should have patched it a few times.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 03:32 AM   #233
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
Alright. So I drank a bottle of black chook and bought it. Installed, cranked up settings and played for a couple hours. Haters gonna hate but it's really fun and looks great. Reminder for me to not listen to the elitist nerds.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
Same for me...also, the RT in this game is really good.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 03:59 AM   #234
Mangler
PC

I need to finish the first one before buying the sequel.

I'm pretty tempted to just skip the first one and jump straight into the RTGI goodness though.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 07:57 AM   #235
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

https://www.reddit.com/r/dyinglight/...re_are_issues/

Seems like the devs have acknowledged that the zombies not being able to hit properly into spikes/off of roofs (where they stumble off the roof animation, and then drop like a looney tunes character, instead of ragdolling after the hit off the roof) like in the first game isn't meant to be happening and the zombie physics in that regard are somewhat broken, and they want to eventually fix it. Remains to be seen when.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 10:23 AM   #236
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I loved the first game. Skeptical about this one, though.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2022, 02:34 PM   #237
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So far it's pretty good. It runs well for me and only a few minor bugs. Technically above average probably lol.

Parkour is good, parkour combat is good, world has a great atmosphere. Quests generally feel unique.

There are a few changes that I'm not a huge fan of. And the second area doesn't seem as fun to navigate as the first (yet?). Paraglider is clunky. Story is depressing or bizarre, or both. Sucks you can't properly repair weapons either. Progression feels a bit slow.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 12:18 PM   #238
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status...60686506598403

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKxVtNtX...name=4096x4096

49 fps vs 69 fps going from windows balanced power plan to high performance.

Thank you sir. I had just moved into new house (clean install win11) and did not have these set properly. After fixing fps went from 39(locked which was weird) to 60's-80's. Everything maxed. Haven't seen any bugs, but only couple hours in.

Great game so far.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 04:58 AM   #239
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Feb 7, 2022, 07:16 AM   #240
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Seeing the bugs list i feel is not worth to play the game in the current state.