Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 3, 2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Default Fight Night Round 4

I know the game isnt due out till sometime next year but I saw a video on gametrailers and thought Id make a thread about it.

First heres the video(its a user video so I cant embed it...I dont know how to embed user videos):

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/291461.html

Judging by that video it seems that the game is more in depth and a lot faster than round 3. Inside and outside fighting is a really big thing IMO. Like the guy in the video says its more true to the real life boxer styles. Imagine Mike Tysons inside game in Round 4.

Anyway I hope we can get a full list of boxers sometime soon, I hope there are more new boxers as well as some classic guys.

Oh yea and there is supposed to be an official trailer coming out sometime during the Spike Video game awards later this month.

Instant buy for me, no questions asked.

Demo Comes Mid May on X360/PSN.

Here is some information I gather from watching the video in case you dont have time to watch the video:

Boxers:

Over 45 Licensed Boxers are going to be in the game. Confirmed boxers are as follows(all boxers are presented in Prime form. ie. Tyson in the 80s,Ali from the late 60s) :
  • Lennox Lewis
  • Mike Tyson
  • Muhammed Ali
  • Manny Pacquiao
  • Ricky Hatton
  • Yuriorkis Gamboa
  • Tommy Hearns
  • Winky Wright
  • Roy Jones Jr.
  • Evander Holyfield
  • Erik Morales
  • George Foreman
  • Miguel Cotto
  • Arturo Gatti
  • Jermain Taylor
  • Sergio Mora
  • Vinny Panzienza
  • Eddie Chambers
  • Kelly Pavlik
  • Joe Frazier
  • James Toney
  • Sugar Ray Leonard
  • Emmanuel Augustus
  • Corey Spinks
  • Nate Cambell
  • Kermit Cintron
  • Vivian Harris
  • Marvin Hagler
Venues:

Confirmed Venues are:
  • MGM Grand, Las Vegas
  • Thomas and Mack Center Las Vegas
  • Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall
and Venues in:
  • London
  • Mexico
  • Philippines
  • New York City
  • Chicago
Gameplay Information:
  • Game is still using total punch control with the right analog
  • Much faster gameplay with combos
  • Glancing blows
  • Inside Fighting
  • Heavy Game emphasis on Making your opponent miss, Counter Punches

Videos:

Last edited by logical : May 1, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 04:58 PM   #2
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

OFN.

In the previous post of this vid, I said that they need to smooth out the animations. I know its beta, but clunky animation transitions can make or break a game. Take that Don King Boxing game. Great concept, but terrible collision detection and poor animation transitions.

Another example could be NBA 2K vs PreLive2009 (before Live09). 2K has smooth animations where Live had those terrible canned animations. I say the biggest winner in sports games will always be smooth animations and great collision detection. As much as I like the thought about UFC coming out with a game in 2009, from watching their beta video with Rampage and that other guy, they need to also take notes on smooth animation.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 05:25 PM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yea its an older video but like you said its just a beta. Im looking forward to the official trailer and hopefully some real gameplay footage at the spike awards.

Just wondering if anyone else is excited just as much as I am for this game. Im a big boxing fan.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:33 PM   #4
Steppy
Smart and Sexy

Steppy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yea its an older video but like you said its just a beta. Im looking forward to the official trailer and hopefully some real gameplay footage at the spike awards.

Just wondering if anyone else is excited just as much as I am for this game. Im a big boxing fan.
I've played fight night round 3 more than any other game this generatoin. I have 2 friends just as addicted as me...I've been waiting for FNr4 for years now.
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:40 PM   #5
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Big fan of the series here, I was afraid the series had died when I read that the FN team had dissolved or something, but this announcement excited me a lot. Can't wait for the VGA to see how the game is shaping up.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:03 PM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
I've played fight night round 3 more than any other game this generatoin. I have 2 friends just as addicted as me...I've been waiting for FNr4 for years now.
It was my most played 360 game, I havent bought another copy of Round 3 for my PS3 though... I think I might just hold off until Round 4 hits... hopefully sooner than later.

Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:08 AM   #7
Prefontain
Suicide Pace!

Prefontain is still being judged by the masses

I loved Round 3. Yea, the animations are jerky in the video, and I hope they do smooth them out, but either way, this will be an instant purchase for me.
Prefontain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:51 PM   #8
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I dunno, the animations of RND4 look weird... the fighters look to be more stuck into the ground that RND3. Something about it just looks, off. Maybe too fast? Too arcade like or side scrolling fighting rather than boxing? Need to see more of this, but man, RND3 is no doubt (along with NHL) the most played game on my console.

I just retired my boxer actually, 67-6. Nice run but when getting old their stats start to drop fast... no matter what you try to work on it just doesnt help. I lost 2 fights in a row, first time ever, against the up and comers so i thought it was the right time to hang up my gloves.

Time for another boxer...
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:28 PM   #9
Steppy
Smart and Sexy

Steppy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefontain View Post
I loved Round 3. Yea, the animations are jerky in the video, and I hope they do smooth them out, but either way, this will be an instant purchase for me.
Well, considering this movies is at least 6 months old(I watched it in the spring) and the game isn't due out for at least 6 months, I have high hopes of it getting ironed out.
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2008, 09:18 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Well, considering this movies is at least 6 months old(I watched it in the spring) and the game isn't due out for at least 6 months, I have high hopes of it getting ironed out.
Definitely, the game is going to be awesome. I wish we could just get a PC version though, that way we could play it really cranked with AA and higher textures.

Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:08 PM   #11
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post

I just retired my boxer actually, 67-6. Nice run but when getting old their stats start to drop fast... no matter what you try to work on it just doesnt help. I lost 2 fights in a row, first time ever, against the up and comers so i thought it was the right time to hang up my gloves.

Time for another boxer...

Same situation with me. Once I turned 42, with a 70-2 record I kept losing matches and I too had to hang up the gloves.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 02:46 AM   #12
Prefontain
Suicide Pace!

Quote:
I totally agree. Yea, I know it's an old clip. But, I'm hopeful that ea updates us on the game's progress in the near future, just to be sure.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 09:00 PM   #13
logical
What is my purpose?

There was a video on the spike video game awards but it wasnt real gameplay... weak. None of the videos they showed really had real gameplay.

Old Mar 16, 2009, 07:20 PM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

New Gameplay Trailer looks SWEEEEET, cant wait

Old Mar 16, 2009, 08:40 PM   #15
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Instant buy, Im ****ing sold!!!!!!!

Only games I spend $60 on are the Nba2k series, and fight night. Ive loved fight night since the knockout kings series days. I hope they bring in butterbean.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:22 PM   #16
nomis_nehc
Radeon Evergreen

nomis_nehc is still being judged by the masses

I saw the vid... and needless to say, I am blown away. Must get!
nomis_nehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:29 PM   #17
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Im more excited about this game then that UFC one thats coming out also.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 09:25 PM   #18
FiggyG
Radeon Caribbean Islands

FiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Holy crap!
FiggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:17 AM   #19
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

one of the most wanted sport game for me .

and mike tyson is in this one OMFG
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:38 PM   #20
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

The blood effects looked pretty realistic.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:44 PM   #21
dark_preacher
Radeon Arctic Islands

Location: United States i'm no hero. never was. never will be.
dark_preacher is still being judged by the masses

please have marciano.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:46 PM   #22
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I cant wait for this game, but i dunno, the way that they through their arms around seems robotic. Is it that they move too quickly or something? It might be me or it just might be the way they edited the video, but something looks a bit awkward. I just cant place my finger on it.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:10 PM   #23
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
Im more excited about this game then that UFC one thats coming out also.
The battle between UFC 2009 and FNR4 is going to be very exciting to witness.

I am personally a huge UFC fan and am looking forward more to UFC 2009, but even my personal bias for MMA can't keep my jaw from dropping every time I see gameplay videos of FNR4. One of my favorite parts is when they show Tyson slowly walking out, punching his gloves together. It just looks so freaking realistic and movie-like. Just seeing that alone would give me chill-bumps when waiting for a fight to begin. The boxing/stand-up in this game is also miles ahead of anything we've seen from the UFC 2009 videos, which only adds more to the excitement.

I think we're going to have our hands full this summer with these two great fighting games. I say share the love and enjoy the goodness! Gonna be rockin' and sockin' some heads this May and June for sure.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 08:26 PM   #24
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Looks good and I'll probably get it, but I wish there was a more sim like game out. Fight Night is nothing like real boxing.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:45 PM   #25
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:48 PM   #26
Prefontain
Suicide Pace!

After watching the video, I've decided that I'm probably going to buy this on its release date.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:29 AM   #27
logical
What is my purpose?

Producer interview

Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:42 PM   #28
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Looks good and I'll probably get it, but I wish there was a more sim like game out. Fight Night is nothing like real boxing.
I dont think you played FNR1 and FNR2. Both those are much closer to sim then FNR3, minus FNR2's annoying infinte haymakers. The most realistic sim game I played thus far was victorious boxers 2.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 12:58 PM   #29
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I dont think you played FNR1 and FNR2. Both those are much closer to sim then FNR3, minus FNR2's annoying infinte haymakers. The most realistic sim game I played thus far was victorious boxers 2.
I own every Fight Night game and none come close to real boxing. Even without the haymakers the game still was nothing like a real boxing pace.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:39 PM   #30
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

I dont ever expect a game to get the pace exactly match what real boxing are, not because they cant but because it might make a game too slow and unexciting. FNR3 was a great balance but it can definitely be pushed even more so. Even if i pick up FNR3 now, its still so easy to get addicted to it. I hope FNR4 can take that to the next level.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Mar 19, 2009 at 01:41 PM.