Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:17 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:26 PM   #272
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
fully sick sub woofa maaaate
uleh bro let's go do some laps down chapel street broooo
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2010, 05:13 AM   #273
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
my bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
uleh bro let's go do some laps down chapel street broooo
LOL
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 7, 2010, 09:57 PM   #274
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:01 PM   #275
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Cars have four wheels

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:17 AM   #276
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Just sex... was coming home from work yesterday and i seen this creep up behind me. I dont see many of these around but i really do love this car. Just love the design. To top it off it was some hot 40yr ish brunette who knew how to drive. Well, she wasnt affraid of using its power or to slip in and out of lanes when needed. I had such a hard time to get rid of teh wood!!!!

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:21 AM   #277
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah, that's a pretty damn hot car. I've seen a couple around here, but not too many.
lighting up the dark.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:43 AM   #278
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Just sex... was coming home from work yesterday and i seen this creep up behind me. I dont see many of these around but i really do love this car. Just love the design. To top it off it was some hot 40yr ish brunette who knew how to drive. Well, she wasnt affraid of using its power or to slip in and out of lanes when needed. I had such a hard time to get rid of teh wood!!!!
Nothing like a hot car driven by a hot chick that knows how to drive well.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:02 AM   #279
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Nothing like a hot car driven by a hot chick that knows how to drive well.
Amen to that.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:02 PM   #280
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I saw a black Skyline at Costco getting tires. Apparently Skyline owners are cheap
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:06 PM   #281
ScottDoom
It's Okay

Well hells yeahs. I saw an old couple driving a Lambo once out of a K-Mart parking lot in Hawaii. You gotta cut back somewhere.
lighting up the dark.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:01 PM   #282
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
If you ever had a chance, you could have take a few pics of her without she notices you.

I wished I can see her face...

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:49 AM   #283
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default 56ki = teh noes. just no

found some pics on my phone, can't remember if I posted some of these already or not...

Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:51 AM   #284
ScottDoom
It's Okay

Man, those are some nice images. What kind of phone?

I always forget my phone has a camera.
lighting up the dark.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:15 PM   #285
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom View Post
Man, those are some nice images. What kind of phone?

I always forget my phone has a camera.
EXIF data says it's an HTC Touch Diamond 2 or something similar... A Windows Mobile phone...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:07 PM   #286
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Yeah, HTC TP2. WinMo 6.5. When my replacement usb cable comes in I'm going to try to flash it to droidy or something.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:40 PM   #287
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:12 PM   #288
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

What's the story on that Razor? I'm guessing it was an Audio R8 at one time, or it's built off the same platform/shell somehow?

It looks fantastic.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:19 PM   #289
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ya it's a heavily tuned R8 -- I love the look of the original R8 so this made me

Here's some more info:

Quote:
The last time we saw the Razor GT-R by PPI it was 2009 and it only developed 580hp. We say "only" because the tuning firm responsible for that transformation, PPI Automotive, has gone back and improved the engine yet again. The new GTR-10 limited edition will only come in, you guessed it, a limited supply of 10 units with more power, style, and passion.

The Razor GTR-10 comes with a new front bumper, larger air inlets in connection with a new incorporated LED day-running unit, new sideskirts, and carbon fiber on the roof pillars and doors. There is also a special hollow, carbon fiber rear wing with an adjustable Gurney-flap, an engine lid made of carbon fiber, newly designed side blades, rear fenders, and a rear bumper. The exterior package is finished by 19" lightweight MAG11 Forged Aluminium PPI wheels.

Under the hood there is a normally aspirated V10 engine with over 601 hp at 7,400 rpm, and a maximum torque of 565 Nm at 6,400 rpm. No only has the engine been given an upgrade, but the car’s weight has been reduced by 250 kilos. These adjustments allow the Razor GTR-10 to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds (with modified R-tronic Gearbox) and a maximum top speed of 335 km/h (208 mph).
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:53 AM   #290
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Man, that front end looks mean.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:42 PM   #291
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Man, that front end looks mean.
It sure does, I love that thing. I'm a big fan of gills and vents everywhere, makes a car look mean and nasty. Well, as long as it's all functional of course.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:24 PM   #292
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

All show and no go really,since an R8 stock already packs 520HP and hits nearly 200 MPH too,so all that agressive body work for an extra 80 HP and a 0.2 sec drop in 0 to 60 times another 10 MPH top speed....I'm not impressed here basically.

Best bang for the buck?....Get a stock nissan GTR,get it to stillen and he cranks it up to 620HP,and it likely ends up cheaper and faster than this car....Problem solved.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:38 PM   #293
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
All show and no go really,since an R8 stock already packs 520HP and hits nearly 200 MPH too,so all that agressive body work for an extra 80 HP and a 0.2 sec drop in 0 to 60 times another 10 MPH top speed....I'm not impressed here basically.

Best bang for the buck?....Get a stock nissan GTR,get it to stillen and he cranks it up to 620HP,and it likely ends up cheaper and faster than this car....Problem solved.
Nanny car
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:49 PM   #294
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

I would be interested in the lap time difference between the two...

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:23 PM   #295
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I'd only be interested if both were done with the same type of tires and without driving aids. Otherwise I could care less.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:49 PM   #296
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I'd only be interested if both were done with the same type of tires and without driving aids. Otherwise I could care less.
Agreed. My only point was that there is most likely more to this car than face value and straight line performance. That's often the case with 3rd party ars like this.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:05 PM   #297
shadow001

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Well stock for stock,the Nissan GTR is faster than the stock audi R8 around a track,and they both have the same acceleration figures,roughly the same top speed,and 4 wheel drive with electronic assists for anything affecting handling,traction control or braking,but the Nissan GTR is 100,000$ canadian while the R8 is 140,000$....

So while the R8 is the better looking car visually,is that alone worth an extra 40,000$?....Not for me,and i doubt that adding 80HP with this version,while stillen can reprogram the ECM on the Nissan GTR,wich also controls turbo boost btw,and with that,add another 140 HP extra,will change nothing as the GTR remains the faster car overall...

Only one car could give it grief and not cost a huge amount more....Corvette ZR1 with the 640 HP supercharged LS9 engine,and even then,it wouldd do so mainly if the weather is helping as it's a rear wheel drive car,not 4WD like the GTR.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:24 PM   #298
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Well stock for stock,the Nissan GTR is faster than the stock audi R8 around a track,and they both have the same acceleration figures,roughly the same top speed,and 4 wheel drive with electronic assists for anything affecting handling,traction control or braking,but the Nissan GTR is 100,000$ canadian while the R8 is 140,000$....

So while the R8 is the better looking car visually,is that alone worth an extra 40,000$?....Not for me,and i doubt that adding 80HP with this version,while stillen can reprogram the ECM on the Nissan GTR,wich also controls turbo boost btw,and with that,add another 140 HP extra,will change nothing as the GTR remains the faster car overall...

Only one car could give it grief and not cost a huge amount more....Corvette ZR1 with the 640 HP supercharged LS9 engine,and even then,it wouldd do so mainly if the weather is helping as it's a rear wheel drive car,not 4WD like the GTR.
Why are you going on about a GTR? I thought we were talking about the difference between the stock R8 and the modified Razor when you said it wasn't worth it for the tuned car?

I don't give a crap about the GTR, I wanted to hear about the Razor.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:30 PM   #299
shadow001

Quote:
Why are you going on about a GTR? I thought we were talking about the difference between the stock R8 and the modified Razor when you said it wasn't worth it for the tuned car?

I don't give a crap about the GTR, I wanted to hear about the Razor.

Gotcha....

My gut tells me there probably isn't much since it's only 80HP between a stock R8 and the razor,and the razor is lighter too,but it's also got worse aerodynamics with all those openings and big wing on the back,compared to the stock R8 V10,and as the speeds go up,that's going to hurt performance.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:43 PM   #300
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Gotcha....

My gut tells me there probably isn't much since it's only 80HP between a stock R8 and the razor,and the razor is lighter too,but it's also got worse aerodynamics with all those openings and big wing on the back,compared to the stock R8 V10,and as the speeds go up,that's going to hurt performance.
It could be a big difference. The right wing can make a HUGE difference on the track when you're at speed. That was definitely proven with the Koenigsegg CCX. I'm interested in what the difference is, I only wish I were more into the R8. I've actually never been a fan of the car.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600