Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 23, 2010, 12:30 AM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Got it cleaned this weekend after like 4 months. Got interior polished, washed the car mats and applied leather protection cream on seats. Looks saucy now..
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:07 PM   #362
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Today I looked at Caveboy Jr's Jeep, as it was making an nasty grinding noise and bumping through the pedal controls. I swapped out the front left brake pad as the tyre was worn on the inside, the pads were wearing unevenly. Didn't help much, so I'm thinking bearing. Taking it to mechanics monday mornig to get the front end sorted out.

Also swapped the serpentine belts on my 05 Kia Sedona, it has two. You have to remove the passenger side front wheel and the guards to get to the two tensioners. The original belt had dry rot, so needed to be swapped out.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:08 PM   #363
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The Probe was thirsty again so I gave it another quart of oil.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:49 PM   #364
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Put 1 or two bits back in...

When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 10:36 PM   #365
snookums
Nothing is true.

snookums is still being judged by the masses

Took my dash apart with the intent of finding out just how muchb rom I had in behind the plastic to mount some new switches and buttons. Found a good spot, will post some plans/wiring diagrams.

Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:04 AM   #366
Rippthrough

Could you make the pictures a bit bigger, I can't see them.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 08:47 AM   #367
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough View Post
Could you make the pictures a bit bigger, I can't see them.
I agree, I hate having to enlarge my web pages to 150% to try and see the details.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:36 AM   #368
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyTaman Linkin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

start the engine for 5min.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:59 AM   #369
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
Today I looked at Caveboy Jr's Jeep, as it was making an nasty grinding noise and bumping through the pedal controls. I swapped out the front left brake pad as the tyre was worn on the inside, the pads were wearing unevenly. Didn't help much, so I'm thinking bearing. Taking it to mechanics monday mornig to get the front end sorted out.

Also swapped the serpentine belts on my 05 Kia Sedona, it has two. You have to remove the passenger side front wheel and the guards to get to the two tensioners. The original belt had dry rot, so needed to be swapped out.
For the uneven wear, make sure the caliper pins and sliders are lubricated and slide smoothly. Could be when pressure is applied its not moving properly on the caliper pins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:46 PM   #370
snookums
Nothing is true.

snookums is still being judged by the masses

jerks.

I keep forgetting that not everyone has the automatic image resize option enabled on Rage3D (scroll near bottom, named "Maximum width").
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:52 PM   #371
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookums View Post
jerks.

I keep forgetting that not everyone has the automatic image resize option enabled on Rage3D (scroll near bottom, named "Maximum width").
We do, at least I do. But why not shrink the image in the first place so it doesn't slow down the entire page when your humungous filesize images load up? Not many of us have monitors that large anyway, so what's the point?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:54 PM   #372
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

changed the spark plugs yesterday and cleaned the car a bit for a car show.
still having some misfiring issues but it is a lot better now. must be either the spark leads or i've got a weak coilpack. pain to diagnose though since it is intermittent
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:40 AM   #373
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
For the uneven wear, make sure the caliper pins and sliders are lubricated and slide smoothly. Could be when pressure is applied its not moving properly on the caliper pins.
Yeah I checked that, doesn't seem any different from when I replaced the caliper 6mo. ago.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:42 AM   #374
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I passed 150k miles in my car today

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:40 AM   #375
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJasef doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Dug myself trough 5" of compact ice to get inside the car and replace the brake light switch.

I figured -4C, wind and heavy snowing was the optimal condition to do such a thing in.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:31 PM   #376
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Changed out the interior lights of the BMW to Xenon Ambiance lighting. Although 2 of the LED's were DOA.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:07 PM   #377
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Checked the subframe mounts on my bmw and found this...

Calling bmw in the morning, since its covered by the class action lawsuit.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:48 PM   #378
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

Removed the stock bulb from the hatch and wired in two blue neon tubes. Now I can actually see if I need to get something from the hatch at night.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:35 PM   #379
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Checked the subframe mounts on my bmw and found this...

Calling bmw in the morning, since its covered by the class action lawsuit.
good job you have the pathy for DD.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:56 PM   #380
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
good job you have the pathy for DD.
BMW will provide a loaner, the Pathfinder is out of inspection and registration, so no driving it.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:51 AM   #381
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Called BMW of Dallas, they told me that they would most likely repair it regardless of aftermarket suspension, they are going to call me back once they get manager approval for me to come in(didn't keep the settlement letter I got...), hopefully I can get it in there next week.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 08:36 PM   #382
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Recieved the new CTEK 3300 battery tender and took the battery out of the Corvette since it was dead after months of not being fired up. Battery is now being recharged. Hoping it get back to 100% so I can fire the car up tomorrow or Sunday for the first time in 4 months.

It's not ready to go anywhere yet, but I'm dying to at least hear it come to life.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:03 PM   #383
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Recieved the new CTEK 3300 battery tender and took the battery out of the Corvette since it was dead after months of not being fired up. Battery is now being recharged. Hoping it get back to 100% so I can fire the car up tomorrow or Sunday for the first time in 4 months.

It's not ready to go anywhere yet, but I'm dying to at least hear it come to life.
Scheeet. Video for the "take us for a ride in your car" thread maybe?!?!

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 09:18 PM   #384
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Scheeet. Video for the "take us for a ride in your car" thread maybe?!?!
Not for a month or so yet at least! Streets are wet and there is salt residue and garbage everywhere. She's not leaving the garage.

Need to think of a way to rig up a camera once I do take it out. My wife and my lameass friends all will not simply hold a camera for me, they refuse to.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:41 PM   #385
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Not for a month or so yet at least! Streets are wet and there is salt residue and garbage everywhere. She's not leaving the garage.

Need to think of a way to rig up a camera once I do take it out. My wife and my lameass friends all will not simply hold a camera for me, they refuse to.
Might be able to tuck it/wedge it into the space/hole between the seat n' headrest.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 06:49 AM   #386
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Might be able to tuck it/wedge it into the space/hole between the seat n' headrest.
The seats/headrest are all one piece. No holes to be wedging anything into.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:04 AM   #387
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think mine may have just enough room to jam a camera in the little gap... I'll have to try that since I'll probably never get a camera mount.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 07:33 PM   #388
Rippthrough

Finished it and took for a quick test run!
Hasn't got it's new wheels and tyres yet though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ta3kwzW2Jc
Old Mar 6, 2010, 07:41 PM   #389
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough View Post
Finished it and took for a quick test run!
Hasn't got it's new wheels and tyres yet though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ta3kwzW2Jc
What's with the video of just blocks? Where's the car?
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 07:55 PM   #390
Rippthrough

Mobile phone camera, 's ****, I know, I'll get some from my digicam tommorow, might be a bit better.