Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old May 21, 2022, 04:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default GAS

I drive 35-38K a year.

It's hurting the wallet for sure. $6 plus they are talking about for summer? Yikes!

I baby my twin turbos but she still like to drink. If I get on it she guzzles for sure.

Maybe it's time to move on to a hybrid.

But I hate car payments.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 06:12 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

It’s a pain point for sure. I’m so glad I have a company paid gas account for my work truck. We saw $4.79 in my neighborhood yesterday which is, or is close to an all time high for any of the local gas stations.

My concern is, the last time gas neared these prices quite a few people (a lot) had their gas tanks punctured to steal fuel. I’m pretty sure it will happen again.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 06:12 AM   #3
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
I baby my twin turbos but she still like to drink. If I get on it she guzzles for sure.
What you drive?
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2022, 06:16 AM   #4
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Go full electric. Plenty of cheap cars out now.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 08:58 AM   #5
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yeah I saw $4.19 and I live in refinery town. If I wasn't WFH would definitely go looking for an EV or at least hybrid.
dodger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 11:17 AM   #6
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Still filling up 93. Full send.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 11:41 AM   #7
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

put 125 bucks in the escalade at 4.999 for regular gas for 87
that was the lowest some are 5.299
i'm going thru 225 to 300 bucks a week in gas at 22 miles per gallon in the nissan frontier

i get the buy electric buy electric mantra all the time from people
but you can't because nothing new is available in a electric trucks or most cars or gas hybrid for that matter
and it's not going to get any better for years
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 01:01 PM   #8
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I remember stories back in the 90's about how we were only a decade away from peak oil being a thing and how it would continue to get more expensive every year after that. Then shale fracking happened which kicked the can down the road a few decades. But the gas price pain we're feeling now was always inevitable. Even IF we pretend climate change isn't a thing, there will be an end to how much we can cheaply extract and produce.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 01:49 PM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

yes, i am aware it's a skit, but....well...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 02:45 PM   #10
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's definitely not helping with inflation. Buying a new or used car isn't exactly easy or cheap right now either. Hello upcoming recession. We had a good few years, and I hope your visit is short...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 02:49 PM   #11
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Go full electric. Plenty of cheap cars out now.
Not in the US, and define "cheap". What you and I can afford is much much more than the avg American who's struggling big time right now to just put food on the table and get to work.
Old May 21, 2022, 04:16 PM   #12
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Not in the US, and define "cheap". What you and I can afford is much much more than the avg American who's struggling big time right now to just put food on the table and get to work.
cheap

well first since 99.9% of houses in the US are not set up to charge a car or truck

LEAF starts at 27k and needs 30 Amp breaker for a level 2 home charger

the Lighting starts at 41k and goes to 65k+ fast need a 45 Amp or 100 Amp breaker for a home charger

so add 2500 to 6000 for a new service and breaker box and running a wire to the garage or carport
and 25k to 55k for solar
Old May 21, 2022, 04:33 PM   #13
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What you drive?
Flex

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old May 21, 2022, 04:34 PM   #14
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hybrid makes sense I guess.

Full electric not so much.

I've had the Rav4 hybrid on my radar for a while now.
The Rave is sort of small but has some size with decent gas mileage. Interior is junk and
I can't stand the look of the interior. Especially the info system that sticks up.
Maybe it's time.

Just wait for when this becomes common.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/tech/...9-b8d4cf9d4cc3

Good luck with full electric. I'm sure other issues will arise too.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...lant-michigan/

not good.

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog

Last edited by Tyr-Sog : May 21, 2022 at 04:44 PM.
Old May 21, 2022, 06:08 PM   #15
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

We've been living in a bubble of cheap gas for years now. Everywhere else in the world (developed, at least) has been paying $5/gal or more for a long time. The low prices we experienced were only going to last so long.

What our State Govt's should do is roll back the gas taxes slightly to alleviate some of the increased cost.. but I don't think that will ever happen

Until world politics settle down and the demand on OPEC gas is reduced, prices are only going to go up. Lots of European countries rejecting Russian fuel/gas is pushing their demand on to the suppliers the U.S. mainly use. Until that changes, all we can do is either use Federal $$ to subsidize some of the cost, reduce State Gas Tax to alleviate the increased cost, or simply let fuel costs skyrocket.

If you guys think $5/gal is bad, you have no idea what it's like in Germany. Try $5+ per LITER.. if you're lucky.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 21, 2022, 07:13 PM   #16
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

If you guys think $5/gal is bad, you have no idea what it's like in Germany. Try $5+ per LITER.. if you're lucky.
nah, it's not THAT bad right now, it's more around 2€ a liter, but still expensive. It was as low as 1.40 not long ago

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 07:55 PM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
nah, it's not THAT bad right now, it's more around 2€ a liter, but still expensive. It was as low as 1.40 not long ago
Damn. When I was in Trier, gas prices were around 3.40 Euro per Liter iirc. It's crazy.
Old May 21, 2022, 08:34 PM   #18
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Damn. When I was in Trier, gas prices were around 3.40 Euro per Liter iirc. It's crazy.
Quote:
To facilitate and foster cross-border trade and to prevent significant competitive distortions, the European Union requires EU countries to levy a minimum excise duty of €0.36 per liter (US $1.55 per gallon) on gas. As today’s map shows, only Bulgaria and Hungary stick to the minimum rate, while all other EU countries opt to levy higher excise duties on gas.
a lot of that is taxes
https://taxfoundation.org/gas-taxes-...on)%20on%20gas.
Old May 21, 2022, 08:54 PM   #19
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Both my cars need 93. I don't look at the price anymore.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 10:01 PM   #20
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

2$ CAD a liter going to 3$ by summer. Thats ~12$ a gallon. Im parking the truck and walken... because... you know... anyway... its good for you.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 10:58 PM   #21
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
2$ CAD a liter going to 3$ by summer. Thats ~12$ a gallon. Im parking the truck and walken... because... you know... anyway... its good for you.
this looks like fun

if it hits 12 bucks a gallon i'll quite and go on welfare
Old May 21, 2022, 11:40 PM   #22
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have tiny gastank in the Rav4 and it can cost up to 130$ to fill up. Tho usually I fill up before its dead empty fuel pump and all, I did run over 100$ for ~50 out of the 65 liters recently.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 21, 2022, 11:42 PM   #23
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this looks like fun

if it hits 12 bucks a gallon i'll quite and go on welfare
Get that in an ebike 1000w motor. ~100 km daily range in the larger batteries. Id bet you could tow quite a bit.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 22, 2022, 12:54 AM   #24
Greasy
ODI

Quote:
cheap

well first since 99.9% of houses in the US are not set up to charge a car or truck

LEAF starts at 27k and needs 30 Amp breaker for a level 2 home charger

the Lighting starts at 41k and goes to 65k+ fast need a 45 Amp or 100 Amp breaker for a home charger

so add 2500 to 6000 for a new service and breaker box and running a wire to the garage or carport
and 25k to 55k for solar
Just get an EV... -Butigedge or whatever his name is... ****ing clown.
Old May 22, 2022, 02:51 AM   #25
Renocide
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Hybrid Ioniq get's 50 mpg
Hybrid Pacifica get's 32 mpg with 32 miles EV range
Hybrid Niro get's 50 mpg

Gas here hit 4.99 a couple of days ago. Back down to 4.89.

I'm not really feeling to much pain at this point.

A few years back when gas jumped up I sold the Mustang GT and the Honda CRV and went hybrid.

I could see where it was going.

Wife just switched to a new school that is 8 miles away. With the Pacifica 32 mile electric range she won't be burning gas at all.

Average gas milage of US personal vehicles is 25.4mpg.
Old May 22, 2022, 08:34 AM   #26
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The only EV that would really make sense for us right now would be an R1T or Lightning as the truck is getting lots of miles these days, and will be the primary hauler for the wife’s business. The numbers don’t really work for us though, unless someone takes pity and gives us the vehicle lol.

That, and I really want one…but needs>wants at the moment.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2022, 10:29 AM   #27
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Lots of European countries rejecting Russian fuel/gas is pushing their demand on to the suppliers the U.S. mainly use.
It's all one big market. Customers who are willing to take Russian petroleum will reduce their demand on US production which should free up that supply for those that refuse to get anything from Russia. It should mostly just equalize itself out.

Haven't sold any cars I just tend to drive the v8 only a day or two out of the week and stick with my 4cyl commuter most of the time.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2022, 10:57 AM   #28
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renocide View Post
Hybrid Ioniq get's 50 mpg
Hybrid Pacifica get's 32 mpg with 32 miles EV range
Hybrid Niro get's 50 mpg

Gas here hit 4.99 a couple of days ago. Back down to 4.89.

I'm not really feeling to much pain at this point.

A few years back when gas jumped up I sold the Mustang GT and the Honda CRV and went hybrid.

I could see where it was going.

Wife just switched to a new school that is 8 miles away. With the Pacifica 32 mile electric range she won't be burning gas at all.

Average gas milage of US personal vehicles is 25.4mpg.
a f150 supercrew 3.5l powerboost full hybrid v6 engine set up just like the Lighting and gets 24 MPG and costs 65K
that is about 2 MPG more than i get in my nissan frontier or not once i put racks and tool on the F150

hybrid truck is not really worth it when the Lighting is only 15K more
Old May 22, 2022, 05:32 PM   #29
Renocide
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Renocide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
a f150 supercrew 3.5l powerboost full hybrid v6 engine set up just like the Lighting and gets 24 MPG and costs 65K
that is about 2 MPG more than i get in my nissan frontier or not once i put racks and tool on the F150

hybrid truck is not really worth it when the Lighting is only 15K more
If you need one for work I can understand but if anyone is driving around with a V8 as their personal vehicle...get your head checked.

You should have seen the writing on the wall years ago.

I remember a few years ago after I just got the Niro a guy pulled up next to me at the pumps and saw the Niro...

"You know those are not quality cars and those batteries are going to fail and end up in a land fill and this truck is going to go on forever, right?"

He was driving some jacked giant Ford truck probably getting 15 mpg.

I just said "Sure." and drove on.

I'm still driving that Niro with 180k miles on it with zero issues.

I figure that dude is somewhere right now bitching about gas prices.

If I had a "normal" mpg car for the US those 180k miles would have cost me around $26k dollars in fuel where as the Niro cost me $12k.

And the car was only $24k when I purchased it.
Old May 22, 2022, 09:21 PM   #30
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some people can afford to pay for the fuel, don't put a lot of miles on cars, or have a second car for daily driver duty.

Not sure why I need my 'head checked' because I might fall into one or more of the above categories.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote