Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:39 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Andrew275
Jeff Lange

Andrew275 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber
Default Official I want new drivers/I hate the current drivers thread

We're all quite tired of seeing 50 threads a day about "I hate the drivers" or "We want new drivers!"

So this thread is here so you can complain about drivers. Since I made this thread, I don't want to see any more threads about this subject.
Andrew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:41 PM   #2
TheBeagle
AIW Radeon II MAXX

TheBeagle is still being judged by the masses

I hate this thread. the older thread v. 31900567 worked much better and loaded faster.
512mb pc2700 ddr
Radeon 9700pro
46gig ata100 maxtor
16X pioneer dvd (udma66)
24x10x40 Lite-on cd-rw
3 boot win2k pro/win98 se/winXP sp1
directX 9.0
TheBeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:43 PM   #3
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Good move Andy!

Thank you
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:43 PM   #4
MaX1mus
Radeon R100

MaX1mus is still being judged by the masses

if you want to flex your muscles super moderator and really want to stop seeing these threads then help us get new drivers please.
sound blaster live x-gamer
256 pc150 case2
radeon 8500 290/290 retail
MaX1mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:47 PM   #5
UberLord
The one and only

UberLord is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by MaX1mus
if you want to flex your muscles super moderator and really want to stop seeing these threads then help us get new drivers please.
You know, for once I'm in complete agreement with Max1mus ...... I don't want/need the drivers myself right know - I just want him/others to STFU

Otherwise how are the ATi peeps supposed to find new problems with the ammount of crap they've gotta wade through first....
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LřrĐ - A legend in his underwear
Gentoo FreeBSD/Linux developer
UberLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:48 PM   #6
Slimeball
Radeon R100

Slimeball is still being judged by the masses

I`m totally shocked.We all are waiting for new drivers ,but ATI got
other things to do .Watch this ! :
http://www.ati-news.de/Files/Video/...0Card%20MP1.mpg .

I`ve discovered this on http://www.ati-news.de
Soundblaster Audigy Player
40 GB IBM 7200 rpm HD UDMA100
Slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:51 PM   #7
CornCake
Radeon R600

CornCake is still being judged by the masses

Default ROFL @ this thread

Damnit ATi!!!!!!!! Give them new drivers. I can't take the complaining anymore!!!
GF 4 Ti4400
WinXP
Epox 8K7A - 3/4/02 bios
------------------------------
Athlon XP 1700+
384 generic pc2100 DDR
this sig was automatically shortened to meet the 10-lines max rule
CornCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:53 PM   #8
CWeeD
A Title

CWeeD is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Slimeball
I`m totally shocked.We all are waiting for new drivers ,but ATI got
other things to do .Watch this ! :
http://www.ati-news.de/Files/Video/...0Card%20MP1.mpg .

I`ve discovered this on http://www.ati-news.de
Oh yeah, it's Christmas time, did you all forget because you wanted the drivers so bad
CWeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 05:58 PM   #9
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation**G.I.BRO** has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Cause they're to busy trying to keep these forms under control. If everyone was mature and actually thought about posting repeated crap, then, maybe they could exhaust there Energy on something else?!

Just a thought.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:20 PM   #10
MaX1mus
Radeon R100

guess what releasing beta drivers will make these post go away forever.ill download run and post results and or bugs thats it.also help anyone if i can

MaX
256 pc150 case2
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:27 PM   #11
Funky llama

Funky llama is still being judged by the masses

I am not complaining about the current drivers. Fast and stable

Just thought I'd add some positive words.
Funky llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:42 PM   #12
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally posted by Funky llama
I am not complaining about the current drivers. Fast and stable

Just thought I'd add some positive words.
Positive words are a curse around here..... better be careful!
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:44 PM   #13
Andrew275
Jeff Lange

Andrew275 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
And how exactly would I do that? I don't work for ATI or have any special connection with them. I can't make them write new drivers any easier than the rest of you can.
Andrew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:49 PM   #14
Himself
Resident

Himself is still being judged by the masses

Perhaps you should list the super powers of a super moderator, you know, xray vision, jumping tall buildings in the single bound, faster than a locomotive, etc.
Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:52 PM   #15
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally posted by Himself
Perhaps you should list the super powers of a super moderator, you know, xray vision, jumping tall buildings in the single bound, faster than a locomotive, etc.
and secretly writing new drivers...
Old Dec 21, 2001, 06:57 PM   #16
MaX1mus
Radeon R100

positive words dont belong in these threads unless its ati telling the the download url

why do people who dont have driver problems troll in these threads?

sorry moderator dude you can help except to maybe use any contacts you have to bring to light the situation
256 pc150 case2
Old Dec 21, 2001, 07:04 PM   #17
CornCake
Radeon R600

Quote:
positive words dont belong in these threads unless its ati telling the the download url

why do people who dont have driver problems troll in these threads?

sorry moderator dude you can help except to maybe use any contacts you have to bring to light the situation
Haha! The forum nOOb is calling US trolls.
GF 4 Ti4400
WinXP
Epox 8K7A - 3/4/02 bios
Athlon XP 1700+
384 generic pc2100 DDR
Old Dec 21, 2001, 08:20 PM   #18
Furious
Radeon Evergreen

Furious is still being judged by the masses

Since I can't respond to Mike's diatribe in the other thread because it was shut down I'll do so here.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring problems with the 8500 drivers. I, simply, have not had any problems with them and I suspect most here have not either.

The other thread was a bunch of generalities about the drivers "sucking". No specific problems were pointed out there, none. That was my complaint. Even when Mike "responded" he still did not provide details about his problems. How can anyone help, ATi included, if specifics are not supplied?

The only problem I've been able to verify was the Comanche 4 problem. I've read here that the problem was solved with the latest patch for the game. This I have not verified.

If people want to provide specific problem reports I have no problem with that. My problem is reading post after post of generalities which lead nowhere and only serve as flamebait.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 10:14 PM   #19
MaX1mus
Radeon R100

again my specific problem is that they did not release new drivers
256 pc150 case2
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:06 PM   #20
CWeeD
A Title

Quote:
again my specific problem is that they did not release new drivers
That's not really a problem though. They will release them. Just be patient. If your games are working now, go play them. That's what this card is for you know
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:09 PM   #21
CornCake
Radeon R600

In all seriousness, I am pretty surprised that ATi is dragging their feet so much. I honestly expected them out this week (that means for XP too).

In a world of inconsistency it's nice to know ATi continues to stay as steady as a rock (and as slow as a rock too) when it comes to driver updates.
GF 4 Ti4400
WinXP
Epox 8K7A - 3/4/02 bios
Athlon XP 1700+
384 generic pc2100 DDR
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:13 PM   #22
friskyolive
Looking down on you!

friskyolive is still being judged by the masses

The drivers have been leaked. One point I'd like to make, when dx8.1 was leaked I decided to dl it just about a week before they became official. My system hanged, and corrupted windows. Tried again with official drivers and BANG they worked. Maybe just coincidence, but nonetheless It worked. Leaked drivers may not be fully functional, so I dont know why people would jump on them with such abandon. If its that much of a strain to wait it out then turn off your computer and forget about it and check back in another week or so.

[CPU]: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core Processor AM3 3.4GHZ 8MB Cache 125W 45NM [MOBO]: ASUS M4A78T-E ATX 790GX Socket AM3 DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI Video Sound GBLAN Motherboard[GPU]: Powercolor Radeon HD 5770 In Crossfire [SOUND]: Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1A Headset 50MM Drivers Circumaural Earcups and the Creative Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM Fatality PRO with Yamaha 5590 Receiver[MEMORY]: OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV4GK) DDR3 1600MHz Gold Edition Low Voltage 4GB (2x2048MB) Dual Channel and G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB [MONITOR]: DELL U2410, 24W, OPT/FPWS,CUS [HD]: Western Digital 320GB and 1 TB Black Edition [Optical Drives]: LG GSA-4167B Dual Layer DVD±R/RW Drive [PSU]: Corsair HX 1000 watt [OS]: Win7 64-bit Professional On a Antec 1200 Full Tower Case.
friskyolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:14 PM   #23
CornCake
Radeon R600

Quote:
Originally posted by CWeeD

That's not really a problem though. They will release them. Just be patient. If your games are working now, go play them. That's what this card is for you know
Actually, MaX is having problems with Comanche 4 running under WinXP. There isn't a fix for that until ATi lets the drivers out. The funny thing is, I suspect this XP release is being held up by Novalogic but that's just speculation.
GF 4 Ti4400
WinXP
Epox 8K7A - 3/4/02 bios
Athlon XP 1700+
384 generic pc2100 DDR
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:15 PM   #24
MaX1mus
Radeon R100

frisky you know something i dont cause i havent seen any leaked xp drivers?you know where some are?
256 pc150 case2
Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:19 PM   #25
CWeeD
A Title

Ahh, I C. I've only played the demo but I had problems with it as well. However, it is the only game I've had any problems with. All other games I've tried have worked great.

The only things that don't work right now for me (besides C4) are the ATI demos and 3DMark2K1. I get wierd textures in them. That's no big deal though since I don't spend time playing demos However, it does hurt ATI because I can't "show off" the card to people without demos that work right. Meaning they lose sales for now ...
Old Dec 22, 2001, 01:04 AM   #26
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally posted by Furious
Since I can't respond to Mike's diatribe in the other thread because it was shut down I'll do so here.

I'm not sticking my head in the sand and ignoring problems with the 8500 drivers. I, simply, have not had any problems with them and I suspect most here have not either.

The other thread was a bunch of generalities about the drivers "sucking". No specific problems were pointed out there, none. That was my complaint. Even when Mike "responded" he still did not provide details about his problems. How can anyone help, ATi included, if specifics are not supplied?

The only problem I've been able to verify was the Comanche 4 problem. I've read here that the problem was solved with the latest patch for the game. This I have not verified.

If people want to provide specific problem reports I have no problem with that. My problem is reading post after post of generalities which lead nowhere and only serve as flamebait.

Couldnt say it better myself. I kinda said the same thing back in the OT form, i think that was the reason why a few threads over here where closed. NOt many people are asking for help or tips, but just sensless bitching in multiple threads that could be cramed into one.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 03:10 AM   #27
MURCer_BorG
Do you see an Alien ?

MURCer_BorG is still being judged by the masses

Angry

"We're all quite tired of seeing 50 threads a day about "I hate the drivers" or "We want new drivers!"""...what is that all about ?

Is this a free forum ?..I was moderator by "GURU of 3D" for nVIDIA & ATI cards & we didn't post enything like this, we where there for HELP & ADVICE & NOT TO say PPLs WHAT to POST or NOT !!!!

& if you want ATI drivers are **** & they SUX , refresh problem under XP ,XP efects hardware acceleration , performance in games ,low BENCH scores in OPEN GL (VUPLINE)GLmark , GLEXCESS (do you know that in EXCESS some test are over 50 % SLOWER on ATI 8500 tehn on my OLD GF2GTS 32 (200/333) & GF2pro64 (200/400)) ?? ..ATi has to do a better job with their drivers.
MURCer_BorG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2001, 03:57 AM   #28
Mike360000
Radeon R520

Mike360000 is still being judged by the masses

"Since I can't respond to Mike's diatribe in the other thread because it was shut down I'll do so here.

If people want to provide specific problem reports I have no problem with that. My problem is reading post after post of generalities which lead nowhere and only serve as flamebait."

OK specifics.. Which *YOU* should have already been aware of! But as you said, you faven't any problems, so why should anyone complain; Right?

In Win98, at least:
HyperZ 2 does not work, reducing framerates.
There are some probs with v-sync
OpenGL is a complete mess, but playable in some games.
And I am not even sure if the have Truform completely working.
And for the biggie, specifically, I want Ati to keep their word about driver releases, and keep them consistently updated.

As for other specifics, I just updated to the 9005 drivers today and got a decent increase in 3DMark 2001 of about 200 points. I also finally got Powerstrip to work correctly for the first since the card first came out. And OpenGL, as I stated above is a little playable now in some games, but the fps is very low.(Maybe related to HyperZ 2, I don't know.)

I am sure there are many other things I could post, but whats the use, you already have your mind made up anyways, because you don't have any problems, so you say to heck with everyone else!

Mike Lamb
Mike360000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2001, 05:45 AM   #29
UberLord
The one and only

UberLord is still being judged by the masses

Angry

I'd just like to point out that Max1mus here is the SAME Max1mus that was bitching on the Revoltuion Kyro fan site a few months back. He caused a shite load of grief for myself and the other board mods - I really hope he behaves himself here, but I wouldn't bet the farm against it :/

And guess what? I was about a lack of driver updates! LOL
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LřrĐ - A legend in his underwear
Gentoo FreeBSD/Linux developer
UberLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2001, 06:29 AM   #30
Someone
Radeon R600

Someone is still being judged by the masses

Oh, the whole PVR rev crew is here? Anywayz, I'm happy with the current drivers (I'm using the 6006s) but it wouldn't be bad if I got an XP flavor of the 9005s or the 9008s, I won't start bitching if I don't though :P I remember PVR releasing great drivers, even though they were delayed, and I hope the same will happen in this case.
512MB RAM
WD 120giger
WD 10Giger
Someone is offline   Reply With Quote