Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:37 AM   #1081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Indeed.
The 3060ti is 1000$ in my country.Selling the Vega56 for 700$ would bring the card to the msrp level.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:13 PM   #1082
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
The 3060ti is 1000$ in my country.Selling the Vega56 for 700$ would bring the card to the msrp level.
I think you'd like it a lot more than your think.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:46 PM   #1083
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I think you'd like it a lot more than your think.
I may but there is this next gen 3x performance promise for the same segment.The 3060ti is 1080p rtx barely also.The next 4060ti may be at a 3080 level at the same price which is ... intersting.
One of the reasons i would buy the 3060 ti is that the vega56 has big value on the second hand market.THis may not be the case when the 4000 and 7000 series lands.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 20, 2021, 01:29 PM   #1084
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

There's always something better/faster on the horizon but you'd be kidding yourself if you think it'll be waiting for you at your local retailer/etailer next year.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 02:02 PM   #1085
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
There's always something better/faster on the horizon but you'd be kidding yourself if you think it'll be waiting for you at your local retailer/etailer next year.
Many bought the 3000 series.Not sure if there will so much interest in spending another 1000$ or 2000$ on a gpu for those people unless the next gen will be truly unique in history.
In this moment i have only 4gb ram borrowed from my dad computer.My ram kit was sent for warranty claim.They have 15 days to answer the claim.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 02:03 PM   #1086
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Many bought the 3000 series.Not sure if there will so much interest in spending another 1000$ or 2000$ on a gpu for those people unless the next gen will be truly unique in history.
And many more were not able to find any stock.

Not trying to convince you of anything, just trying to get your expectations a bit more realistic.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 02:17 PM   #1087
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
And many more were not able to find any stock.

Not trying to convince you of anything, just trying to get your expectations a bit more realistic.
There will be multiple fronts after the next gen will apear.
1... there will be a bit of stock (i hope not a paper launch) of next gen cards...
2.... if the next gen will be so historicall powerfull the second hand market will be invaded with 3000 series cards at reduced price.
3. ...AMD and nvidia and intel fronts....
4. unsold old gen cards in the retail like 6000 series and 3000 series...

It will be a historic mess in a way...

It will feel like participating in a wedding as a relatives who may at some point may catch the flower bucket thrown by the bride around another 200+ persons
Old Dec 20, 2021, 04:18 PM   #1088
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Some assumptions there you shouldn't make

- Yes, there will be stock. Move fast and you stand a good chance to get one.
- I wouldn't bet on this. It never didn't happen with 1000 or 2000 series GeForce hardware, Vega's or RX series Radeon hardware. The miners can run em till they die so long as it's profitable.
- We might see some prices drop if the Intel stuff is decent. As its more stuff on the market. But it won't be a huge impact.
- There will be no old stock. It all currently sells except for maybe a very few top endcard's. Which still won't sell exactly cheap when new stuff hits.

If we are lucky... the ETH change to GPU's not being profitable may change this. But it's more likely that Crypto GPU miners switch currency to one that still is.

How far off is 4000 series expected to be at this point? You could wait it out if your sitting happy enough for now. But your gonna have to move same day faster to get stuff when it comes out.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:31 PM   #1089
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Some assumptions there you shouldn't make

- Yes, there will be stock. Move fast and you stand a good chance to get one.
- I wouldn't bet on this. It never didn't happen with 1000 or 2000 series GeForce hardware, Vega's or RX series Radeon hardware. The miners can run em till they die so long as it's profitable.
- We might see some prices drop if the Intel stuff is decent. As its more stuff on the market. But it won't be a huge impact.
- There will be no old stock. It all currently sells except for maybe a very few top endcard's. Which still won't sell exactly cheap when new stuff hits.

If we are lucky... the ETH change to GPU's not being profitable may change this. But it's more likely that Crypto GPU miners switch currency to one that still is.

How far off is 4000 series expected to be at this point? You could wait it out if your sitting happy enough for now. But your gonna have to move same day faster to get stuff when it comes out.
I remember there were 2080ti for 400$ on ebay right before the 3080 launch.If you look on ebay europe there are vega56 sold.
If the new cards will be so powerfull the miners will want them.There will be an influx in second hand market.
Another thing is that 3060 ti is just 8gb...RTX is not usable in 1440p anyway....RTX is usable only in 1080p.

Another reason to actually buy a card now is the piece of mind.Buy now and just move to other hobby and parts of life.The time spent in just buying a vga this years is way too much if you want the "best deal" ...
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:17 AM   #1090
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just get a GPU and enjoy your hobby. Next gen will not be 3x performance. People spend far more on other hobbies.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 03:00 AM   #1091
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

And to be fair, if you go with a 3060Ti you do get a DLSS boosts in some games, FSR in others and the upcoming scaling tech is lookin good too (See UE5's Temporal Super Resolution & Intel's XeSS). Heck even Halo Infinite's scaler look pretty decent.

PLUS while it's not a great price performance ratio, the mid grade stuff like the 3060Ti's, 6600XT etc the pricing doesn't sting as much imho.

Or you can wait and see how the cards play out in the coming gen. *shrug* If your not struggling to play anything right now, doesn't hurt to wait.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Dec 21, 2021, 03:34 AM   #1092
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
And to be fair, if you go with a 3060Ti you do get a DLSS boosts in some games, FSR in others and the upcoming scaling tech is lookin good too (See UE5's Temporal Super Resolution & Intel's XeSS). Heck even Halo Infinite's scaler look pretty decent.

PLUS while it's not a great price performance ratio, the mid grade stuff like the 3060Ti's, 6600XT etc the pricing doesn't sting as much imho.

Or you can wait and see how the cards play out in the coming gen. *shrug* If your not struggling to play anything right now, doesn't hurt to wait.
If i plug the 1080p monitor i can play everything at acceptable levels.Mostly around 60fps.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 03:42 AM   #1093
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:

True. I'm very impressed with NIS for a driver side function.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 04:01 AM   #1094
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Aaaaaand that! More options than ever to squeeze more out of a card

System:
Old Dec 21, 2021, 06:57 AM   #1095
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Blaire kindly shared this link for me on upscale comparison fidelity videos from PCGH:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGHDigitalausgabe/videos
Old Dec 21, 2021, 07:13 AM   #1096
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

When I investigated with DLSS performance was impressed by the fidelity quality from a 720p internal resolution. Here is an illustration of this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEbXqW2vlsY

Last edited by SIrPauly : Dec 21, 2021 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Minor correction
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2021, 07:58 AM   #1097
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Quote:
I may but there is this next gen 3x performance promise for the same segment.The 3060ti is 1080p rtx barely also.The next 4060ti may be at a 3080 level at the same price which is ... intersting.
One of the reasons i would buy the 3060 ti is that the vega56 has big value on the second hand market.THis may not be the case when the 4000 and 7000 series lands.
Quote:
In this moment i have only 4gb ram borrowed from my dad computer.My ram kit was sent for warranty claim.They have 15 days to answer the claim.
Quote:
There will be multiple fronts after the next gen will apear.
1... there will be a bit of stock (i hope not a paper launch) of next gen cards...
2.... if the next gen will be so historicall powerfull the second hand market will be invaded with 3000 series cards at reduced price.
3. ...AMD and nvidia and intel fronts....
4. unsold old gen cards in the retail like 6000 series and 3000 series...

It will be a historic mess in a way...

It will feel like participating in a wedding as a relatives who may at some point may catch the flower bucket thrown by the bride around another 200+ persons
Quote:
If i plug the 1080p monitor i can play everything at acceptable levels.Mostly around 60fps.
We had a nice thread going here about DLSS,Ray Tracing and other image enhancements until you came and crapped all over it. There is a thread for these pricing discussions.

Just buy a card already.

Anyhow I have a question about NIS.How do you set the resolution in an unsupported title like Skyrim/Enderal?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:04 AM   #1098
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Realize it's straight from Nvidia but it explains much better than I ever could:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-2021-updates/
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:28 AM   #1099
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I missed this comparison but it's a good one from Nvidia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBiPSSJYj5M
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:57 AM   #1100
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
We had a nice thread going here about DLSS,Ray Tracing and other image enhancements until you came and crapped all over it. There is a thread for these pricing discussions.

Just buy a card already.

Anyhow I have a question about NIS.How do you set the resolution in an unsupported title like Skyrim/Enderal?
The GPU is in cooking mode ...
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:01 AM   #1101
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Realize it's straight from Nvidia but it explains much better than I ever could:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-2021-updates/
Thanks, Man!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:08 AM   #1102
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

Quote:
The GPU is in cooking mode ...
If you're trying to be witty or funny then try harder.

There is a whole RTX 3000 series thread for you to moan and whine in.So you don't have to derail this useful thread anymore .

Refer to the title of this thread in case you can't understand.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:21 AM   #1103
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Alright alright, back on topic

Quote:
Blaire kindly shared this link for me on upscale comparison fidelity videos from PCGH:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGHDigitalausgabe/videos
Goldmine. Awesome!

System:
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:49 AM   #1104
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

Just buy a card already.

Quote:

There is a whole RTX 3000 series thread for you to moan and whine in.So you don't have to derail this useful thread anymore .

I'll take the blame for that Nigel, you are correct that this is not the thread for this conversation. Apologies, we'll go back on topic now.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:55 PM   #1105
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

My new GPU is being cooked ....
Old Jan 11, 2022, 09:25 AM   #1106
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Nvidia is going to improve/more efficient the DSR setting utilizing artificial intelligence.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:14 PM   #1107
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

nVidia

Quote:
Nvidia is going to improve/more efficient the DSR setting utilizing artificial intelligence.
Cool story bro :D

Here's some much needed context..

Quote:
NVIDIA responds to Radeon Super Resolution upscaling with Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution downscaling tech

At CES 2022 AMD announced it is releasing a new feature based on FidelityFX Super Resolution called RSR (Radeon Super Resolution). The company confirmed that this technology will arrive with the new drivers somewhere in the first quarter. AMD FSR is a full-screen upscaling technology that does not rely on software implementation by game developers.

Meanwhile, NVIDIA made a surprising announcement today of Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution technology (DLDSR), which is an AI-powered Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) downscaling technology that has been available in GeForce drivers for a while now. The DLDSR is an improvement over DSR that adds an AI layer powered by NVIDIA Tensor cores. This also means that this feature will be exclusive to NVIDIA RTX GPUs.

Furthermore, NVIDIA has teamed up with the author of a popular tool called ReShade. NVIDIA will be adding new custom ReShare FreeStyle filters into its GeForce Experience tool:

SSRTGI (Screen Space Ray Traced Global Illumination), commonly known as the “Ray Tracing ReShade Filter” enhances lighting and shadows of your favorite titles to create a greater sense of depth and realism.
SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) emphasizes the appearance of shadows near the intersections of 3D objects, especially within dimly lit/indoor environments.
Dynamic DOF (Depth of Field) applies bokeh-style blur based on the proximity of objects within the scene giving your game a more cinematic suspenseful feel.
With DLDSR and SSRTGI combined, you can enjoy a remastered experience in classic games like Prey.
https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-a...n-january-14th

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2022, 01:56 PM   #1108
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Interesting. I wonder if they are going to do something nutty, like an improved DLSS 1 style spatial scaler to do something like render at 1440p, upscaling to 4k and then downscale to a target display resolution like 1080p.

System:
Old Jan 11, 2022, 02:21 PM   #1109
demo
space cadet

Wow that's big news, SSRTGI was actually pretty good in the few titles I tried it in. To become a driver side feature will be awesome.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 02:41 PM   #1110
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Wow that's big news, SSRTGI was actually pretty good in the few titles I tried it in. To become a driver side feature will be awesome.
Technically... you probably already could do this. They just simplified it by bring it in officially. Before you would have needed to import this into Freestyle. Which is compatible, because FreeStyle is ReShade.

System: