Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Nov 2, 2021, 05:24 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Seems there are ways to upgrade an unsupported PC to Windows 11 from Windows 10. But how would you do a clean install of Windows 11 on an unsupported PC?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2021, 02:02 PM   #272
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Seems there are ways to upgrade an unsupported PC to Windows 11 from Windows 10. But how would you do a clean install of Windows 11 on an unsupported PC?
Just modify the installer, it's quite simple to do. Rufus offers some preset profiles to create installers with the registry hacks embedded. This is what I did to update my last computer, as the registry hacks I had didn't work (because it didnt have a TPM at all)
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 02:42 AM   #273
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I did a test to see if my PC will support Win 11 however it comes back saying Secure Boot is not enabled. Looking at system information I see secure boot is “not supported”. My motherboard does support Windows 11 and so does my 8700k.

In UEFI BIOS it says secure boot is enabled.

My BIOS was upgraded to the win11 release a few weeks back.

WTF is is the go?

EDIT: I think it is just the way Win10 was installed on this mission it was setup with LEgacy BIOS and the nice way to revert this to UEFI BIOS is to reinstall Win10 but if I just need a clean install with the Win11 media creation USB it will just sort itself out. I think I just need to ignore the msssage I'm seeing with the Win 11 compatibility verification tool.

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 4, 2021 at 04:40 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 4, 2021, 08:59 AM   #274
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
EDIT: I think it is just the way Win10 was installed on this mission it was setup with LEgacy BIOS and the nice way to revert this to UEFI BIOS is to reinstall Win10 but if I just need a clean install with the Win11 media creation USB it will just sort itself out. I think I just need to ignore the msssage I'm seeing with the Win 11 compatibility verification tool.
No need to reinstall, UEFI can be converted from the command line.

I'd post a link on how to do it but I know you don't like that.

LOL: https://www.maketecheasier.com/conve...efi-windows10/

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:08 PM   #275
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

MS, plz bring auto-hdr to win10, win11 isn't looking that hot in those intel 12th gen reviews.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:42 PM   #276
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Folding@home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
MS, plz bring auto-hdr to win10, win11 isn't looking that hot in those intel 12th gen reviews.
No dice there, MS said Win 11 only. That's the only reason I switched.

yoz
Old Nov 4, 2021, 03:47 PM   #277
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That blow, especially when they did the auto-hdr beta testing on win10.

Oh well, I guess win11 will eventually be on par with 10.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 04:42 PM   #278
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
No need to reinstall, UEFI can be converted from the command line.

I'd post a link on how to do it but I know you don't like that.

LOL: https://www.maketecheasier.com/conve...efi-windows10/
Thanks bro.

EDIT: Done and now it ticks all the boxes

Last edited by Megaman : Nov 4, 2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 07:51 PM   #279
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
I tried on a spare machine at work, Optiplex 3020 with 4th gen i5. After enablng UEFI, secure boot, and TPM (1.2), I was able to do a clean install with the OFFICIAL iso from Microsoft's official MCT. No hacks, no tricks, it just worked.....

However I'm still not brave enough to upgrade my 6700k HTPC gaming computer....
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2021, 09:40 PM   #280
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultylmchv can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voodoo View Post
I tried on a spare machine at work, Optiplex 3020 with 4th gen i5. After enablng UEFI, secure boot, and TPM (1.2), I was able to do a clean install with the OFFICIAL iso from Microsoft's official MCT. No hacks, no tricks, it just worked.....

However I'm still not brave enough to upgrade my 6700k HTPC gaming computer....
That's because MS "officialy" supports the installation on computers that comply with some of the requirements (ie TPM 1.2) but with disclaimers. You just have to check some acknowledgement checks before the instalation starts.

I had a different experience on the 3 unsupported computers I upgraded:
  • My daughter's laptop (7th gen, 16GB RAM, TPM 1.2) -> update from Win10 to Win11 with disclaimers using unmodified ISO.
  • My old Surface Pro 3 (4th gen, 8GB RAM, TPM 1.2) -> clean install with disclaimers using unmodified ISO.
  • My wife's X99 desktop (5th gen, 32GB RAM, NO TPM) -> had to modifiy the installer to be able to do an in-place upgrade from Win10 to Win11 with disclaimers.

My other computers: Surface Pro 6 (8th gen, 8GB RAM, TPM 2.0), son's laptop (8th gen, 16GB RAM, TPM 2.0) and my main desktop (9th gen, 32GB RAM, TPM 2.0) upgraded directly from Windows Update
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell 2715Q 27" 4K | XFX Radeon VII 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus Sabertooth X99 | Intel Core i7 5930K @4.7Ghz + Corsair Hydro H110 | Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4-2400 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator

Last edited by lmchv : Nov 6, 2021 at 06:06 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 06:16 PM   #281
x-voodoo
Radeon R700

x-voodoo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmchv View Post
That's because MS "officialy" supports the installation on computers that comply with some of the requirements (ie TPM 1.2) but with disclaimers. You just have to check some acknowledgement checks before the instalation starts.

I had a different experience on the 3 unsupported computers I upgraded:
  • My daughter's laptop (7th gen, 16GB RAM, TPM 1.2) -> update from Win10 to Win11 with disclaimers using unmodified ISO.
  • My old Surface Pro 3 (4th gen, 8GB RAM, TPM 1.2) -> clean install with disclaimers using unmodified ISO.
  • My wife's X99 desktop (5th gen, 32GB RAM, NO TPM) -> had to modifiy the installer to be able to do an in-place upgrade from Win10 to Win11 with disclaimers.

My other computers: Surface Pro 6 (8th gen, 8GB RAM, TPM 2.0), son's laptop (8th gen, 16GB RAM, TPM 2.0) and my main desktop (9th gen, 32GB RAM, TPM 2.0) upgraded directly from Windows Update
Interesting....the Optiplex 3020 I tested didn't give me any disclaimers (which I know is not officially supported with the 4th gen i5).
x-voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2021, 07:21 PM   #282
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Thanks bro.

EDIT: Done and now it ticks all the boxes
Awesome, glad it worked.

yoz
Old Nov 9, 2021, 05:36 PM   #283
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Upgraded my gaming PC no problem but my 2 year old Dell Laptop with a Ryzen 5 2500 fails because the CPU is unsupported. Total BS it has TPM 2.0 but the CPU doesn't cut it. Madness what are M$ thinking? Am I going t buy a new laptop just to run Win 11 Win 11 can disappear up it's own ar*e for all I care.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2021, 03:13 PM   #284
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So I didn’t think I would really care for 11, but I was wrong. The install was fast and painless, laptop is even snappier than it was, and everything, literally everything is working flawlessly.

I don’t think I’ll be rolling back to Win 10….
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2021, 06:00 PM   #285
Mangler
PC

I'm impressed by auto hdr, it more or less looks like native hdr in some titles.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:04 PM   #286
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'm impressed by auto hdr, it more or less looks like native hdr in some titles.
This. I'm surprised it works this well.

yoz
Old Nov 13, 2021, 04:31 PM   #287
lmchv
Planet Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-voodoo View Post
Interesting....the Optiplex 3020 I tested didn't give me any disclaimers (which I know is not officially supported with the 4th gen i5).
are you sure?, the disclaimer is a waiver you need to accept halfway the install process, right before the copy of the files starts.

It's something like this: https://www.windowscentral.com/sites...-11-waiver.jpg

Bloodzone.net Moderator
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:44 PM   #288
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So they fixed the Ryzen issues now? Safe to install?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:00 PM   #289
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So they fixed the Ryzen issues now? Safe to install?
Yeah I think that was over a week ago. Pull the trigger.
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #290
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

yeah no issues same frame rates as 10

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote