Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 16, 2021, 04:12 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Where are you guys finding these at or close to MSRP? I've been in the market forever, and haven't sniffed MSRP in well over a year.
Lol what's this "MSRP" you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You didn't read about Evileh walking into a Best Buy and asking for a 3080Ti? Just lucky that way.
I could've grabbed one from Microcenter yesterday just as a walk-in... Ya know, for $1499.99
Desktop - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:42 AM   #32
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Lol what's this "MSRP" you speak of?
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2021, 05:31 PM   #33
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Looks like you probably could pick up a 6900XT for about $350 over MSRP from STOCKX. Alot better then the Microcenter prices.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 22, 2021, 01:16 AM   #34
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

remember there is MSRP and there is AIB MSRP with tariffs puts a 3080ti around 1400-1500 USD

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 01:45 AM   #35
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think 3080 Ti is the best card to buy right now if you are looking for top performance with all features.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:03 AM   #36
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I think 3080 Ti is the best card to buy right now if you are looking for top performance with all features.
This.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2021, 09:51 PM   #37
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The 3080ti now costs more than all my 3090s did. I'm scared for future gpu prices.
Are any of the cards really worth buying at the moment?

3080 performed quite well, max 15% crappier than 3090.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 06:42 AM   #38
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Supers may not be a thing. We may just see these and that’s it. Maybe worth holding out for a 3080 12GB

https://twitter.com/hongxing2020/sta...376806401?s=21
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 07:18 AM   #39
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

When you getting yours?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:16 AM   #40
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
When you getting yours?
Never, obviously.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:18 AM   #41
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Never, obviously.

He knows what’s up…..
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:23 AM   #42
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
He knows what’s up…..
, Mega don't want it.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:25 AM   #43
Megaman
Packing heat!

I’ll move to 4K before upgrading the GPU.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:28 AM   #44
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I’ll move to 4K before upgrading the GPU.
You don't like high refresh rate @ 2K?

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:30 AM   #45
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
You don't like high refresh rate @ 2K?
That was sarcasm.

I don’t see myself on 4K for sometime. I’ll see what happens in January. I’ll probably cave in and grab a 3080 or some such.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:31 AM   #46
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
That was sarcasm.

I don’t see myself on 4K for sometime. I’ll see what happens in January. I’ll probably cave in and grab a 3080 or some such.
And how was I supposed to know that without the ?

OK.

yoz
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:34 AM   #47
Megaman
Packing heat!

Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:09 AM   #48
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

yoz
Old Nov 28, 2021, 07:03 PM   #49
Megaman
Packing heat!

I put a ASUS TUF 3080Ti in a shopping cart…….

Whether I pulled the trigger is another story.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 07:22 PM   #50
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Doesn't make sense to spend for a premium card at this point when we're only a year out from the next gen. That's my opinion anyway.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 09:15 PM   #51
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I put a ASUS TUF 3080Ti in a shopping cart…….

Whether I pulled the trigger is another story.
More like the same old story.....

yoz
Old Nov 28, 2021, 09:45 PM   #52
KAC
It might be gays!

Get it. No point holding off for a full year.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:41 PM   #53
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Just get it you big girls blouse
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:30 PM   #54
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Don't be pussy. Buy big card! /Russian
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:39 PM   #55
KAC
It might be gays!

Stop buying shitty tablets and get the card.