Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:43 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ugly
Radeon R700

ugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyugly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
If this is how the 6 episodes will be like then this series will have a shitty ending.
Wasn't it originally advertised as 'space opera Game of Thrones'? Now a shortened final season. Outlook no so good.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:44 PM   #452
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Even the actors are bored of the show. The acting was really bad in this first episode.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2021, 07:44 AM   #453
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
If this is how the 6 episodes will be like then this series will have a shitty ending.
3 in Dec and 3 in Jan.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 11, 2021, 10:52 AM   #454
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Promising, if KAC hates it that means it's great!
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:23 PM   #455
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Promising, if KAC hates it that means it's great!
No, he’s right about the first episode…. We been there before on this show. So, I’d hold off too many judgements until we get deeper in season≥
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2021, 08:00 PM   #456
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

People, the actors aren't bored, their characters are all worn the fack out except for Marcos. This season starts 6+ months after s5.

Avasarala and Bobbie are trying to keep Earth from being stoned into the stone age.
The Roci crew and Drummer's crew have been chasing baddies for months. There are personal tensions on both of those ships. Even Filip is beginning to figure out his dad isn't really the savior of the belt, but a megalomaniac. And what is a rebellious teen to do when his dad is the biggest rebel in the solar system?

imo, the dude playing Marcos still can't act his way out of a paper bag, so I won't argue with that in his case.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 09:59 PM   #457
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

So bad. Soooo bad. They are having a hard time filling 40 minutes.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 04:35 AM   #458
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

... now we have 4 episode left... I think I'm done watching till they are all out and I can watch it in one go. This is moving to slowly per episode.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:38 AM   #459
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
... now we have 4 episode left... I think I'm done watching till they are all out and I can watch it in one go. This is moving to slowly per episode.
This is my strategy especially since they're doing 3 in Dec and 3 in Jan.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:23 PM   #460
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

same here, not gonna bother to watch till all 6 are out.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 04:15 PM   #461
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This is my strategy especially since they're doing 3 in Dec and 3 in Jan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
same here, not gonna bother to watch till all 6 are out.
I guess I can take or leave binging. I sorta lean to savoring good TV shows like a fine wine, rather than gulping them all down like Coors Light beer.

I will resist the temptation to spoil the livin' bejesus out of the rest of the season, though some of you might deserve it. muhahaha!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 04:52 PM   #462
acroig
Troll SMod

Well JZL there's always a vacation.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 09:39 PM   #463
JZL
Starship Trooper

Space battle breakdown vid (5 mins)

I'll just leave it at that for those waiting to binge.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:09 PM   #464
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

I found episode 3 of current season not bad.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:12 PM   #465
KAC

Such poor pacing and storyline. 3 down. I don’t think there is any redemption left. Show went from sci fi mystery about protomolecule to space pirate family drama. Never seen this level of a downgrade in a show.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:40 PM   #466
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

first 2 were slow but don’t see what your talking about. Seems like the same show to me.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 11:50 PM   #467
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
first 2 were slow but don’t see what your talking about. Seems like the same show to me.
You have been conditioned to believe that after an incredibly horrible Season 5 where the whole family drama started. Go re watch season 1 through 3 and then tell me if it is the same show. Maybe. Or maybe it is an impression I had of the show. I don't know. But nothing changes the fact that this season is incredibly shitty.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 05:00 PM   #468
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

The series definitely changed over the seasons. Probably was better in the beginning but I don't see it as bad as you are making it out to be. I thought Episode 3 was decent. 6 episode season is a bit ridiculous though.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 08:57 PM   #469
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
You have been conditioned to believe that after an incredibly horrible Season 5 where the whole family drama started. Go re watch season 1 through 3 and then tell me if it is the same show. Maybe. Or maybe it is an impression I had of the show. I don't know. But nothing changes the fact that this season is incredibly shitty.
You must really hate Lost in Space. If you hate The Expanse so much, then why are you still watching?

I'd agree the show peaked at Season 3 but disagree it's slipped away from being a great show.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 10:08 PM   #470
KAC

I finished Lost in Space. It was a good show and far more consistent than this one. I was really in that show for the MILF though.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 07:25 PM   #471
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
I finished Lost in Space. It was a good show and far more consistent than this one. I was really in that show for the MILF though.
There was only one?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 09:20 PM   #472
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
There was only one?
Molly, yes.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 05:34 PM   #473
JZL
Starship Trooper

I always thought Parker Posey was cute, but she's not the PYT she was, and I guess she's not a MILF in this.

Lost in Space is good, but it's not in the same galaxy as the Expanse.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 09:43 PM   #474
acroig
Troll SMod

Thread title updated.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 01:41 PM   #475
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Well one episode left and no spinoff at this moment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...cid=entnewsntp
Old Jan 13, 2022, 09:33 PM   #476
JZL
Starship Trooper

Series finale has dropped now. Must be an International Date Line thang.
We just watched five more eps of The Wire so I'll wait til tomorrow.

[sigh]
Old Jan 14, 2022, 03:53 AM   #477
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Just finished watching expanse finale.

The final battle was cool, enjoyed the whole container thing. Really bummed though this is it, there was so much setup of promolecule, the hybrid kid, the mars planet building stuff, the coming red annihilators, etc. And it all kinda ended with that stuff left unanswered. Guess will have to get into the books to get the answers.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 07:33 AM   #478
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hate modern tv series, they're just too damn short...
Old Jan 14, 2022, 09:37 AM   #479
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Solid job, they made changes from the books, but they told the same story very well.

On top of that, I actually LIKE the changes.
And you can literally pick up the next book (Persepolis Rising) and not be missing a single thing. This series ended right where Babylon's Ashes did. Only real difference is they killed off Alex in the show for real world reasons, whereas in the books he's still there.

So, SO good.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 10:59 AM   #480
acroig
Troll SMod

Thank you for no spoilers. Will watch ep 5 and 6 Mon.