Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:33 AM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Wtf, just start watching and the chit be canceling
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:35 AM   #422
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
yea wtf, this is the final season and this episode was a complete waste of time and took forever to do almost nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Season 6 is the final season, so one more.
(The books extend much further, apparently not profitable so canning it, but giving it a proper sendoff)
Right, one more.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 10:35 AM   #423
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Wtf, just start watching and the chit be canceling
No, the books make a time jump of like 30 years so there may be more later.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:05 AM   #424
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Ahh. So they are finishing this time period. Nice!
(Haven't read the books)

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:43 AM   #425
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Man, I love this show. I hope they do the jump then.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:46 AM   #426
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Ahh. So they are finishing this time period. Nice!
(Haven't read the books)
Neither have I, just listened to what the producers were saying about it.

Looks like they may continue the story, perhaps with a different cast.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 11:57 AM   #427
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
So they would have approve a whole new show? I kind of see that not happening but I guess it would depend if they are making money on this one.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2021, 12:13 PM   #428
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
So they would have approve a whole new show? I kind of see that not happening but I guess it would depend if they are making money on this one.
Yeah Amazon would have to go with it, I don't think they've looked passed season 6 yet.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:11 AM   #429
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

deeper look at Naomi's spacewalk.
Neat little details, like her eye's boiled. Didn't realize what that was happening in the jump.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Jan 28, 2021, 01:16 PM   #430
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Seems like we are in for a rushed ending.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 04:17 PM   #431
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird singsSD-[Inc] knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems like we are in for a rushed ending.
And, a cliff hanger. I hate when they do that!!

Regardless it's another excellent season from one of the best shows on TV. I do want to punch the Marcos actor in the face. But, i guess that means he is doing a good job with the role.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 01:58 AM   #432
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

What an awful way to write out a character. Not even a funeral or real acknowledgement, yikes. I wish they'd recast them instead if this is what they decided to do.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 02:32 AM   #433
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Don’t ruin it for us.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 03:09 AM   #434
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
What an awful way to write out a character. Not even a funeral or real acknowledgement, yikes. I wish they'd recast them instead if this is what they decided to do.
do you mean alex? yeah that was like only done for shock effect, but feel very awful after that.

what the hell was that at the ending though also the martian involvement is feel very tacked on, shoehorned at the last minute, again shocking but very bad for an ending of the season.

does anyone know when will the 6th season come? next year or late this year?
Old Feb 3, 2021, 03:20 AM   #435
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'GSGRUNT once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This season was meh. I don't care if they cancel it.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 05:18 AM   #436
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
do you mean alex? yeah that was like only done for shock effect, but feel very awful after that.

what the hell was that at the ending though also the martian involvement is feel very tacked on, shoehorned at the last minute, again shocking but very bad for an ending of the season.

Alex was jettisoned because of sexual assault charges. Happened late enough in filming that they couldn't do a real storyline, so yes... it's an abrupt reason for him to never set foot on the set again.

https://www.themarysue.com/actor-cas...al-misconduct/

As for the Martians, you've known for several episodes that one faction of them were colluding with Marcos. I don't believe that it's not Mars in general... these ships vanished, and one guy led his people to the other side, setting up mines, etc. The agreement is that Marcos gets the earth system, and this other guy gets the system beyond the gate. There's a whole lot of Martians that are never going to get to the promised land will be subject to Marcos' rule should it come to that.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 07:33 AM   #437
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post

Alex was jettisoned because of sexual assault charges. Happened late enough in filming that they couldn't do a real storyline, so yes... it's an abrupt reason for him to never set foot on the set again.

https://www.themarysue.com/actor-cas...al-misconduct/

As for the Martians, you've known for several episodes that one faction of them were colluding with Marcos. I don't believe that it's not Mars in general... these ships vanished, and one guy led his people to the other side, setting up mines, etc. The agreement is that Marcos gets the earth system, and this other guy gets the system beyond the gate. There's a whole lot of Martians that are never going to get to the promised land will be subject to Marcos' rule should it come to that.

what a shitty reason for killing the character, I mean I don't blame them but it's really sucks to have it ended like that...

for the martian, well it was told about corrupt martian military supporting belter terrorists but this jumped into full blown martian insurrection in the last minute of the season out of nowhere... I also have the same problem with the red cloud/gas thingy at the very end, again it came out of nowhere, and I don't feel it's a good story telling, they have done that at the end of season 2 IIRC where the protomolecule deconstruct a science ship on venus, that was also in the end only serve as a cheap shock moment at the end of the season, it didn't lead anywhere, I hope this won't end the same.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:20 PM   #438
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post

what a shitty reason for killing the character, I mean I don't blame them but it's really sucks to have it ended like that...

for the martian, well it was told about corrupt martian military supporting belter terrorists but this jumped into full blown martian insurrection in the last minute of the season out of nowhere... I also have the same problem with the red cloud/gas thingy at the very end, again it came out of nowhere, and I don't feel it's a good story telling, they have done that at the end of season 2 IIRC where the protomolecule deconstruct a science ship on venus, that was also in the end only serve as a cheap shock moment at the end of the season, it didn't lead anywhere, I hope this won't end the same.

Pretty sure that the Martian collaboration is with a specific faction of the martian millitary, not Mars as a whole (Mars as a whole would want to be in the drivers seat supported by Marcos rather than merely lending an assist.) This mirrors the Belter scenario where not all Belters are willing to go to war with Earth. It's a theme.

regarding the protomolecule deconstruction, this one is more relevant as, as far as I can tell, it was DESIRED. Mars specifically shopped for the particle, and whatshisname specifically says "Maybe they know more than we do." This Martian general does. The particle is doing specific things on the planet.. they're doing this eyes-open.

So, my guess is that Mars faction->wormhole->protomolecule essentially become an alien race. Whether that factors into Season 6 at all, or is part of laying the groundwork for the later books and/or a different series is up in the air. Given a limited number of episodes to conclude the series, I'd go with groundwork, and Season 6 will be wrapping up the Belter War. I suppose to your view, that's something that goes nowhere for now... but could go someplace in the future.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 12:43 PM   #439
A2597
A Peculiar Person

I read book spoilers so you don't have to.

The last few minutes are all from the books, and the book fans are ECSTATIC about it. They also said that they kinda feel bad for the series only folks, because we're going to have questions and think some things totally wrong about what we saw.

Quote:
Old Feb 3, 2021, 06:33 PM   #440
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

The last few minutes are all from the books, and the book fans are ECSTATIC about it. They also said that they kinda feel bad for the series only folks, because we're going to have questions and think some things totally wrong about what we saw.
I hate this, this is the same feeling and impression I get from watching attack on titan season 4 anime, many things make no sense unless I read the manga and I don't want to, I just followed the anime.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 06:41 PM   #441
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ends on a cliffhanger? Well that settles it, I'll wait for the next season before starting this one.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2021, 08:23 PM   #442
KAC

What a terrible ending and a really sub par season. Naomi fighting a ship for 3 frickin’ episodes was such a drag!
Old Feb 7, 2021, 02:35 PM   #443
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Quote:

That's weird; very slightly reminiscent of the Red Wedding when all the book-readers were waiting in the weeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What a terrible ending and a really sub par season. Naomi fighting a ship for 3 frickin’ episodes was such a drag!
You have the attention span of a gnat, sir! Though I don't totally disagree.

I liked the season and really liked the last episode. It was a little of a surprise they did the space battle at the beginning but they had to do that to set up the rest of the show, which of course will set up the next season.

Some watchers bemoaned the season-long split of the Roci crew but that allowed for different characters and dynamics, e.g., the Amos/Timmy-Peaches/Clarissa dealio. Drummer proves to be the bad ass both on the bridge and in the sheets-- "'Captain' now-- 'Camilla' later."

I also liked near the end where Avasarala sings the multi-cultural praises of the Roci crew and Bobbie, now her "Laison," and how that was a diversion from the real ending which centered on the new MCRN (Mars Cut-throat Rogue Navy) hooking up with Marcos to divvy up space.

Teh bad: I'd wager that Keon Alexander and Jasai Chase Owens, Marco and Filip Inaros, attended the William Shatner School of OVERacting.

Bobbie spent too much time couped up in the Razorback with Alex.
Sigh . . . one more for the road.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 01:40 AM   #444
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:55 AM   #445
JZL
Starship Trooper

New season starts December 10th, but WTF, only six episodes? There have also been comments that this will be more of a pause than a cancellation, but I'll believe that when I see it.

I'm trying to think where this will leave the show viz a viz the books. (My plan had been to read all the books once the show is over)

Oh, apparently this would be through the sixth of the nine books.

Last edited by JZL : Nov 19, 2021 at 12:03 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:02 PM   #446
acroig
Troll SMod

There's a many years jump in the books, series will end there.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:43 PM   #447
A2597
A Peculiar Person

Yeah, I read all the books while waiting for this season, and this is a logical end...for now.

The last two books deserve a separate mini-series, or...something. The 30 year jump would feel really weird from one season to the next. (Like, really weird). Meanwhile, there's a fairly logical stopping point that wraps up the majority of plot lines for the current time period.

Quote:
Old Nov 19, 2021, 06:25 PM   #448
JZL
Starship Trooper

I see the lovely and talented Kathleen Robertson is joining the cast as one of the Belters.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 06:40 PM   #449
JZL
Starship Trooper

Yay! Season 6 is finally here! (More later)
Old Dec 10, 2021, 09:23 PM   #450
KAC

If this is how the 6 episodes will be like then this series will have a shitty ending.