Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 24, 2022, 04:22 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
for 1.3k bucks it better is incredible
Already cheaper on secondary markets.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2022, 08:34 PM   #32
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just picked up an S22U 256GB. Ordered April 25th. Arrived May 24th. (yes, 1 month delay)

Paid about $700 all in after the discounts.

(Note 10+ manufacturing defect, glass cracked without any impact, in my hand, under a tempered glass screen protector that had been on it since day 1, Whitestone Domeglass. Replaced the body with a new Samsung Service Kit OEM body I bought in February 2020, sent the defective body to Samsung and got the credit for that. lol) They wanted the old body to determine why it failed.

Samsung got back to me in mid-May- said it was a defective adhesive application that caused "undue stress" as the adhesive dried and became hard over time. There are reports of it happening to other Note10+ users also. Either way, Samsung CS did me good and they kept a long term customer happy. (Note 5 to the Note10+ and now to the S22U)
Old Jun 1, 2022, 06:24 PM   #33
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewon View Post
The S22 Ultra is an incredible device.
No way would I pick an iPhone over it, under any circumstance whatsoever.
I suppose you've got the Qualcomm chip not the Exynos crap they foist on the rest of the world which is pure crap. Just go onto Sammobile to see how many complaints there are for this Soc. Absolute Junk. I've not had a single day I regretted my iPhone 13 pro purchase over the S22 (I owned the S21). It is what it is.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 2, 2022, 09:55 PM   #34
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I you likely won't. There is nothing "wrong" per say with an iPhone it's just different.

Oh and don't forget to move your icons into positions that best suites you/your handedness

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:14 AM   #35
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Using an iphone13 pro max right now. Coming from android couple complaints.

Having to swipe up to access the phone even after faceid has unlocked it.
Desktop apps and icons are locked in a grid and it is not possible to move things to your spot of choice.

The latter is particularly surprising since I would've thought Apple allowed such basic customization.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:26 AM   #36
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Using an iphone13 pro max right now. Coming from android couple complaints.

Having to swipe up to access the phone even after faceid has unlocked it.
Desktop apps and icons are locked in a grid and it is not possible to move things to your spot of choice.

The latter is particularly surprising since I would've thought Apple allowed such basic customization.
Er, pretty sure you figured it out by now but long press on any icon to pop up a menu and then choose Edit Homescreen to make them all wiggle and start moving stuff around. That being said I find it too easy to accidentally "drop" an icon on top of another to create a grouping and too hard to move one to the side of the screen to get it to another page. Still not something you mess with often once you got everything the way you want it, though it was a pain when they introduced widgets and I was experimenting lots. I love the battery widget with the huge % number that I turned % off on the default mini icon since I never look at that anymore.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:26 AM   #37
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nah I knew how to do that.

What you cannot do is take one of those icons and drag it off to a corner or somewhere else on the screen. Try it. Won't let you do it.

Really dumb that the UI is limited in this way.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote