Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 7, 2021, 07:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Default Mouse + Keyboard support for console games

I've been predicting for some time now that in this console generation we'll see both xbox and playstation make a play to eat into the PC gaming market, and a huge component of this will be including m+k support widely across the game library.

xbox one has had m+k support for a handful of games for awhile now. However, today we're getting something that really matters. Halo Master Chief Collection now supports m+k controls on xbox.

I expect this will blow the doors off m+k support on consoles. Here's the list of currently supported games, according to https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...board-support/.

• Halo MCC
  • Minecraft
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Gears 5
  • Fortnite
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Warzone
  • DayZ
  • ARKL Survival Evolved
  • ATLAS
  • Metro Exodus
  • Paladins
  • Phantasy Star Online 2
  • SMITE
  • Bomber Crew
  • Razer Chroma integration
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • The Sims 4
  • Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
  • Strange Brigade
  • Surviving Mars
  • The Sims 4
  • Tokyo Warfare Turbo
  • They Are Billions
  • Tokyo Warfare Turbo
  • Warframe
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2
  • War Thunder
  • X-Morph: Defense
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War

Still need to get m+k support for the Doom games. I expect this will happen soon though, as it's clearly a priority for microsoft (based on seeing their other games in the list).

I'd love to see them start adding m+k support for BC games as well. Tons of great shooters on the xbox360 that would work great with 60fps support, expanded fov, and m+k support.

Ryzen 2600x - radeon 6700xt - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Apr 7, 2021 at 07:32 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2021, 07:59 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My buddy was telling me the m+k doesn't feel "right" on his XSX. It's not the same as M+K on PC from what he told me. I haven't tried it with my PS5, but the main reason I got one is to enjoy games on my couch, not sit up with a m+k.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2021, 09:59 PM   #3
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I've tried it and it feels like mouse smoothening, vsync, and enhance pointer precision are all on.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:54 PM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled withSubCog is not someone to be trifled with

Strange, I wonder why? Mouse controls have been a solved problem on the PC for decades, so you'd think ms could get it right.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 16, 2021, 12:24 AM   #5
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Finally tried out Halo MCC with m+k controls on xbox.

Controls were super splashy until I increased the max mouse movement speed to the maximum. Then it feels pretty great, at least moving the mouse on my couch. So far I haven't noticed the problems that Nunz and Demo described above. Need to try hooking it up on my desktop and test it there to know for sure.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old May 17, 2021, 05:47 PM   #6
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ok, I strung a long HDMI cable from the Xbox one to my office desk so I can try the Xbox with my full desktop setup. Pretty awesome actually. So far I've tried Halo mmc and Fortnite.

I have to say, you can get a used xbone for ~$100, and for that price it's a stupidly awesome gaming PC.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : May 17, 2021 at 09:13 PM.