Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:37 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Stilgar1973 is still being judged by the masses

Default May I suggest again that we have a minnimum post count in the 'Rage3d Deals' forum?

I have brought this up before. I am not trying to harrass you guys into something, or to be a pest with it. I just kind of thought that the current 'Kevlar' mess is an illustration of my point about having a minnimum post count to sell in the Rage3d Deals forum.

I think the Deals forum is a really neat tool. I have been here for more then a year now and I recognize an awful lot of names of the people that post often. It is kind of cool that if we have something to sell we can put it up there and relieve some of the stress of the entire 'ebay' thing. Can anyone here really say that they would worry about someone with a high post count and a recognizeable pressence selling something here?

When I search through the forum I see lots of people with blatant disrespect for the rules, posting sales without prices, ebay links, etc. These people normally have post counts somewhere around 10.
I used to think an ideal number was 100. But now I am not so sure.
Maybe 200 or 250 would be better. Some number where we can feel that if all the person did was spam he would have been busted by the mods or such, but high enough that if the person did it without spamming it would just be too much trouble.

Besides, this site is not about selling things. That is a perk. I mean, can you honestly say that someone that only has an interest in selling things and not talking games, computer games, ATI problems (that is what brought me here) and such has any business here?

I suggest to create a minnimum post count and if you haven't met it then the mods are free and clear to simply delete the thread in its entirety.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Andrew275
Jeff Lange

Andrew275 is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

That might be a good idea, along with a minimum amount of time the user must be registered.
Andrew275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:50 PM   #3
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

Ichneumon is still being judged by the masses

I agree... though we need to do some thinking about what the post count/registered time should be...

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Ichneumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 10, 2004, 12:49 AM   #4
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

may i suggest a minumum post count of 250 or a registration of 6 months or more

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 12:54 AM   #5
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Stilgar1973 is still being judged by the masses

wow someone is actually taking something I said seriously...
***blushing***
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Old Jul 10, 2004, 01:15 AM   #6
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

its a good idea and its an all too true reality that ppl see the member classifieds and are like alright let me rip these people off i mean it gives a person a little sense of security if the person has like at least 250 posts and has been here 6months i mean the only sales i take seriousl are from the guys that have over 1000 posts have a high ebay or heatware rating or that i KNOW and have talked to on numerous occasions such as the beta tesers

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 06:40 AM   #7
Vengeance
May 2, 1965 - April 21, 2008

Vengeance is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar1973
wow someone is actually taking something I said seriously...
***blushing***
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Don't let it go to your head........

2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 @ 800mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW
COOLER MASTER Stacker Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower
Westinghouse 22in wide screen LCD @ 1680x1050

Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 12:10 PM   #8
Trekster
:)

Trekster is still being judged by the masses

Another rule that might help (but would have to be Mod-enforced, if it could be enforced at all), would be to only to have 'x' number of pending transactions at once.

That would be significantly harder to do than changing a couple of settings in the vB ACP, but it would have stopped the "Kevlar" incident from happening. I suppose the most important thing is that people use a little common sense.
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?"
Trekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 02:42 PM   #9
Muerte_X
Radeon R600

Muerte_X is still being judged by the masses

I agree, I've never used it on this forum, but it would really help people not get screwed. Maybe add a trader rating for people that sell or buy stuff often?
Old Jul 10, 2004, 03:27 PM   #10
RedHerring
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

RedHerring is still being judged by the masses

How about both a minimum time and minimum post count. So that way spamming is not an issue. Maybe 2 months and 100 posts. That's about a post and a half a day
Old Jul 10, 2004, 05:21 PM   #11
Trekster
:)

Trekster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte_X
I agree, I've never used it on this forum, but it would really help people not get screwed. Maybe add a trader rating for people that sell or buy stuff often?
I'd like to agree, but I'm not sure if it would work. I mean, most people only trade once or twice, which isn't enough to build up any sort of reputable feedback. Something like making people have a Heatware link (which shows all their trades) might work better.

I know most people won't appreciate this idea, but it's worth a shot. Why not try doing the the trading through Ebay? If somebody is selling something, the "dealings" of the transaction would be the same, but instead of the buyer blindly sending somebody their money, or the seller selling having to ship first, that the final act of transferring payment be done on Ebay.

I know that the sticky in the FT/FS forum has a good reason why Ebay links aren't allowed, but I think it might be the only way. If the transaction is done through Ebay then both the buyer and the seller are protected from possible fraud.

I'm not suggesting that Ebay links be allowed in a post, but only that once everything except transferring payment is done that the seller create an auction for the item, email the link directly to the seller, and that the transaction be concluded.

Now, I realize this is something that doesn't really involve R3D itself, but putting up a notice *suggesting* people do this might prevent future incidents from happening.
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?"
Trekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 03:45 AM   #12
mad
:mad:

mad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled withmad is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte_X
Maybe add a trader rating for people that sell or buy stuff often?
I know of an austrian forum where they have a subforum for user feedback, so members there can post how the transactions worked out, if the seller was reliable, fast, blah, blah, blah...

http://www.overclockers.at/index.php
Scroll down to the "shopping & spending cash" section. there they have the "Marketplace"-Forum and as a Subforum the "User Feedback"...

Maybe you could create such a subforum here too...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."

Richard Cook
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2004, 03:12 PM   #13
Ratchet
The Tool

Ratchet is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

6 months (180 days) and 250 posts sounds good to me. The user feedback sub-forum is a good idea as well.
Old Jul 11, 2004, 03:26 PM   #14
corny
Radeon Northern Islands

corny is still being judged by the masses

Sounds good Ratchet
corny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 12:03 AM   #15
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet
6 months (180 days) and 250 posts sounds good to me. The user feedback sub-forum is a good idea as well.
When will it be up if this is going to happen??
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 12:01 PM   #16
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Oh no I have been here over 2 years longer than some mods even, but do not have 250 posts. Just because I am not a posting whore. Damn now I wont be able to use the for sale section

Last edited by Ryan45 : Jul 28, 2004 at 12:10 PM.
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 11:20 AM   #17
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I suppose it could be something like 6 months + 250 posts OR 1 year registered...
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2004, 01:05 PM   #18
Ryan45
Radeon Northern Islands

Ryan45 is still being judged by the masses

Oh well I have 250 post now so I am not mad anymore.
Ryan45 is offline   Reply With Quote