Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Mouse Quake Live Goes Multi-Platform

Mac OS X and Linux users now get to participate in the brower-based fragfest.

While Quake Live may not be much of a moneymaker right now according to John Carmack, id Software still seems determined to draw in new users. In the latest wave of updates, the company has added long-awaited support for Linux and Mac OS X. Here's what the announcement says:
"QUAKE LIVE is now available for Mac OS X and Linux. We did just have an issue come up with the very latest version of Firefox on Mac (which came out after we finished the build), so this update is Safari only, but we've pushed a ticket with the folks at Mozilla and hope to have the Firefox build fixed very shortly."
Quake Live runs inside the browser via a special plug-in. Since the game is based on the same engine (id Tech 3) as Quake III Arena, which was also available for Mac and Linux, the ports may not have been all that tricky to get up and running. At least, it's only been six months since the Windows version went, er, live.

Aside from the new multi-platform goodness, id says this week's update brings back leaderboards, increases the maximum size of personal config files to 64KB, fixes a key-binding bug, and adds Instagib capture-the-flag servers. You can play Quake Live at quakelive.com. (Thanks to CrunchGear for the heads-up.)

Source: The Tech Report
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2009, 02:40 PM   #2
javiermq
Radeon Volcanic Islands

javiermq is still being judged by the masses

I remember when quake live was in closed beta, and the QL thread here was overflowing with posts of ragers wanting an invite. Now that's been free to everyone for months now there's 0 interest on it.
02:55 Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Steam's Logic on currency: $1 =€1
The euro is just a european version of the dollar! ITS TEH SAME THING!!
javiermq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 03:03 AM   #3
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiermq View Post
I remember when quake live was in closed beta, and the QL thread here was overflowing with posts of ragers wanting an invite. Now that's been free to everyone for months now there's 0 interest on it.
I almost posted a thread about that, but I assumed no one would reply. >>
Login or Register to remove this ad