Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Oct 22, 2021, 02:35 AM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Well after my first experience in FSR in Farcry 6, I am sure to completely write it off as an option. It sucks donkey's nuts.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2021, 04:24 AM   #962
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

My son just got a 3070ti and tried DLSS on rust, he pretty much turned it straight off. It looked terrible
Old Oct 22, 2021, 09:05 PM   #963
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete strangerNIGELG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why does Amid Evil not allow fullscreen when RTX effects are turned on?
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 24, 2021, 08:05 PM   #964
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:00 PM   #965
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

My impressions of FSR after trying it in two games is WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SHARP!!??

They really need to let the user control the sharpness level.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:04 PM   #966
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Does FSR work for nV cards in FC6?

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:07 PM   #967
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yes, I did not like the way it made the game look.

I don't know, maybe I have just become used to the way TAA makes everything soft, but I honestly feels like however implemented FSR in FC6 cranked the sharpness slider way too high.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:20 PM   #968
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

I don't know, maybe I have just become used to the way TAA makes everything soft, but I honestly feels like however implemented FSR in FC6 cranked the sharpness slider way too high.
It does not stay on for me and does nothing when I apply it.

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:29 PM   #969
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
It does not stay on for me and does nothing when I apply it.
Strange it works for me, it's pretty easy to confirm as you can make the game look like a crap while still being sharp if you set it to the performance settings.

Huh, tried it out again, seem like the setting defaults to off as soon as you close the game, so if you want to keep using it, you have to enable it per launch of the game.

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 25, 2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:39 PM   #970
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Huh, tried it out again, seem like the setting defaults to off as soon as you close the game, so if you want to keep using it, you have to enable it per launch of the game.
Pinga! Carajo!

That's what I'm seeing as well. Must enable every time game is launched? Thanks Ubi!

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:59 PM   #971
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

FSR sucks ass in FC6. Look at the water. It literally has turds in it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2021, 05:35 PM   #972
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Sorry I had to drop a Duce, you think they have crappers in the jungle?

Last edited by Nascar24 : Oct 28, 2021 at 08:06 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2021, 05:43 PM   #973
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
FSR sucks ass in FC6. Look at the water. It literally has turds in it.
Yeah, it's really bad.

yoz
Old Oct 31, 2021, 01:55 AM   #974
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Try running with TAA disabled maybe and see how sharp it's supposed to be and then compare to the FSR version? TAA does seem to create a really soft image in a lot of games, and I find it's often hard to tell how sharp is "normal" versus "oversharpened".
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2021, 01:59 AM   #975
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I will say in Back 4 Blood both DLSS and FSR look pretty comparable to me. I did not take screen shots but just did a straight comparison switching back and forth. That being said, you can find situations where textures just aren't as sharp with them enabled. It's probably not that noticeable during game play, but I did notice it.

Of course, B4B runs so fast that there's really no point in using either FSR or DLSS, at least not on a 6800 XT or 3080. I'm actually CPU limited pushing over 200 FPS, so changing the settings makes little performance difference. Maybe it's useful on old/low end cards.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote