Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Oct 13, 2021, 02:58 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Can't repeat.

Might want to run a chkdsk and a sfc /scannow.
Yeah I did that. Didn't find any errors. I didn't do a fresh install like I was planning to. Haven't had time yet. I'm sure that will clear it up. It's literally the only issue I've seen so far, though. Overall it's rock solid stable.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2021, 09:30 PM   #182
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
You Aren’t Alone – Over 50% of Enterprise Machines Unable to Upgrade to Windows 11

https://wccftech.com/over-50-of-ente...to-windows-11/
, I'm mildly shocked at such a large number of non-TPM capable devices in Enterprise deployments. That just screams poor security. But The CPU in general not meeting requirements doesn't shock me. You need a relatively recent 8th gen Intel CPU and 2nd Gen Ryzen.

I'm loving the general TPM requirement for Win11 though. Makes security compliance easier.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:24 AM   #183
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Why is TPM required?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 14, 2021, 01:22 AM   #184
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

For security. MS in win 11 wants to force us into accepting more security measures. Id bet it simplifies it for them so that software solutions like anti viruses wont need as much work going forward.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 07:13 AM   #185
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Yes in essence it secures/encrypts data on a hardware level. Anything newer than (I suppose) 8700k or 2700x should support it. Or there abouts.

IIUC, in the past a dedicated chip was needed to provide the same level of security but in recent years this functionality has been built into CPU's. Win11 now has mandatory software support.

At least that's how I understand it, but I'm happy to be corrected.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 04:07 PM   #186
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why is TPM required?
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...g/ba-p/2701672
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 06:05 PM   #187
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I also use Auto-HDR even though the HDR on my monitor is garbage. It works far better than Win10, where I had it disabled 24/7.
Alien: Isolation with Auto HDR is

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:23 PM   #188
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Doesn’t Auto HDR still make the desktop more yellow for anyone? I love the blue calibration I do with my monitor but HDR feels yellowish. So I disabled auto HDR.

Also thanks for explaining TPM.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 08:29 AM   #189
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Odd, not here. You have the latest nV driver?

yoz
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:18 AM   #190
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You probably need to adjust your RGB settings on the monitor.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2021, 01:41 AM   #191
KAC
It might be gays!

Yes latest driver. Will adjust monitor.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 01:51 AM   #192
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

My biggest complaint is that I have to do an extra click to remote desktop connect to other computers.

Now I have to right click on the server icon -> hit other options -> then click the remote connection option. Before it was a right click -> remote connect...

Such a PITA....
Old Oct 16, 2021, 02:45 AM   #193
KAC
It might be gays!

Can't you shortcut it?

Also down pumping on main PC now.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 01:09 PM   #194
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Can't you shortcut it?

Also down pumping on main PC now.
That's with the shortcut.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 01:26 PM   #195
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Payne3d once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

got a message saying i can't upgrade to windows 11 because my i5 3210 cpu is too crappy, and i'm missing tpm something or other.
c'est la vie
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:23 AM   #196
KAC
It might be gays!

Installed on Ryzen System. L3 cache speeds became about 1/5 of what they used to be. Rolled back.

Well done Microsoft and AMD.

Last AMD system I promise.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:37 AM   #197
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Installed on Ryzen System. L3 cache speeds became about 1/5 of what they used to be. Rolled back.

Well done Microsoft and AMD.

Last AMD system I promise.
You're blaming AMD? These are well discussed known issues, and the advice has been to wait to install on Ryzen systems for now. I believe there is a fix out in the insider build, but not sure.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 02:35 AM   #198
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
You're blaming AMD? These are well discussed known issues, and the advice has been to wait to install on Ryzen systems for now. I believe there is a fix out in the insider build, but not sure.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/wi...n-l3-cache-fix
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:04 AM   #199
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Honestly I don’t care whose fault it is. It is my last AMD rig for sure. Nothing about this rig has given me confidence to keep using it into the future. Also performance in gaming is a wash with 11 series Intel.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 08:02 AM   #200
KAC
It might be gays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
got a message saying i can't upgrade to windows 11 because my i5 3210 cpu is too crappy, and i'm missing tpm something or other.
c'est la vie
You can turn on TPM in bios probably.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:42 PM   #201
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Thanks Bill.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:49 PM   #202
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Isn't the Cache fix supposed to be included in update coming tomorrow?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:11 PM   #203
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

https://twitter.com/CapFrameX/status...72329191628803

Quote:
CapFrameX received a reply
CapFrameX
@CapFrameX
Can't open Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on Win 11 + Z590 + 11900K + Origin Client. Any tips?

On Win 11 + X570+ 5900X + Origin Client it works. It looks like I'm facing more problems on the Intel system.
9:12 AM · Oct 18, 2021·Twitter Web App

Quote:
CapFrameX
@CapFrameX
·
4h
Replying to
@CapFrameX
Another thing: massive fps drops with Hitman 3 and ResBar enabled. On the Ryzen sys it just works.
Win 11 has growing pains doesnt matter the platform you're using.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 21.6.1. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 01:38 PM   #204
Lupine
Administrator

Now he's really screwed. Intel sucks. AMD sucks. 3rd option anyone?

edit: sorry lol, couldn't resist.

Last edited by Lupine : Oct 18, 2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 03:22 PM   #205
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:

yoz
Old Oct 18, 2021, 04:22 PM   #206
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

M1 Pro or M1 Max!
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 04:51 PM   #207
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
M1 Pro or M1 Max!
He might find installing Win11 there challenging as well!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 04:51 PM   #208
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 05:07 PM   #209
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

We need to be in the insider program to get that AMD patch per this.

https://www.techadvisor.com/news/win...s-fix-3809522/

I’m still going to wait it out a bit to see if that truly addresses everything AMD related.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2021, 06:11 PM   #210
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
We need to be in the insider program to get that AMD patch per this.

https://www.techadvisor.com/news/win...s-fix-3809522/

I’m still going to wait it out a bit to see if that truly addresses everything AMD related.
it's MS it will fix AMD and break NV and Intel
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote