Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jul 28, 2022, 03:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default I think Vega64 will be my last AMD graphics card...

I'm just done dealing with their drivers.

There's been a Record and Streaming Wizard bug since 1Q 2021. Where you do a driver update and you can't get past the setup tutorial bull ****.

I've reported it over a dozen times on different driver builds and nothing. Tired of it.

Anyone else have this problem?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:46 PM   #2
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Driver installs fine here on Vega 64. Dont do streaming and such tho so cant say...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2022, 11:28 PM   #3
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Driver installs fine here on Vega 64. Dont do streaming and such tho so cant say...

Go to the control panel and click the Record and Stream tab.. Does it show the tutorial thing with 2 buttons that say either Skip or Continue? Mine doesn't show that and it won't enable desktop recording without passing past that.

(I occasionally record some of my gaming sessions)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 29, 2022, 01:31 AM   #4
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I just noticed a bug that woudnt let me load the radeon panel but I hadnt updated the drivers in some time. Was on 22.4.1 but after installing the newest 22.7.1 it loads and lets me go past the 2 button thing.

Im on Win11 pro so maybe its an os driver issue? Id just try a fresh install of the driver.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jul 29, 2022, 02:26 AM   #5
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I'm on a Radeon 6600XT, so not the same. But I'm not sure I've ever been to this tab and I didn't get a TUT thing at all and I just installed the 22.7.1 driver.

Already tried things like a clean install and DDU?

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:44 PM   #6
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I just noticed a bug that woudnt let me load the radeon panel but I hadnt updated the drivers in some time. Was on 22.4.1 but after installing the newest 22.7.1 it loads and lets me go past the 2 button thing.

Im on Win11 pro so maybe its an os driver issue? Id just try a fresh install of the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I'm on a Radeon 6600XT, so not the same. But I'm not sure I've ever been to this tab and I didn't get a TUT thing at all and I just installed the 22.7.1 driver.

Already tried things like a clean install and DDU?

I always do that. Uninstall the old driver, restart the system, installs the new driver, then reboot and it finishes install. Windows Update is disabled on the video drivers so its not that either. (Windows 10 Professional)

Thanks for the suggestions though.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:33 AM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

In the last couple years Ive seen windows updates bork amd gpu drivers afew times. I think MS updates the gpu driver but not the radeon software panel causing incompatibilities. I get that prompt on occasion... Maybe look at that side of things as well. Do a check on MS updates and maybe remove a recent update if you can.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jul 30, 2022, 04:37 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I don't know how to solve your problem, but if you have a 1900X why don't you just use CPU encoding? Personally I always use CPU encoding if I have enough spare cores, just for more control of settings and potentially higher quality.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:10 AM   #9
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Well, after digging in the registry a bit- found the entry to skip that tutorial. So now I have a fix.. that I gotta do everytime I install a new driver.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:53 AM   #10
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Next time you do a driver update, don't do a clean install. Try just updating them and see if the key remains unchanged.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2022, 08:02 AM   #11
KAC
Whatever

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Well, after digging in the registry a bit- found the entry to skip that tutorial. So now I have a fix.. that I gotta do everytime I install a new driver.
Glad you found a fix at least…
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote