Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:37 AM   #1051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
But, again, that's not true thanks to DLSS.
The dev gave the oficial minimum requirements for RTX :P
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:35 AM   #1052
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
The dev gave the oficial minimum requirements for RTX :P
One game sykes, you can't make broad generalizations over ONE game. Makes your argument look silly.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 11:51 AM   #1053
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
One game sykes, you can't make broad generalizations over ONE game. Makes your argument look silly.
It's not about one game.Nvidia has to push the RTX much harder otherwise there is no justification for next gen cards.The 3000 series can handle the non-RTX scenarios fine.Even my 5 year old Vega56 is still fine in 1080p at high and very high in latest games like RDR 2 and FC6.Nvidia is intersted in profit so there needs to be something that make the cards really kneel ... I feel the Dead by Deadlight 2 is opening a trend with 3080 to be an RTX 1080p 60fps card .. The next question is:
Ask yourself how many spent 2000$ to play at 1080p ? (except me ... of course) .... They may force your hand to upgrade.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:06 PM   #1054
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

1080p 60 is basically the same performance as 4k DLSS performance mode, so not too worried about it.

3080 owners with 4k displays won't need to run it at 1080p, it that's really the target then 4k DLSS performance mode will be just fine and look significantly better as well.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:07 PM   #1055
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
It's not about one game.Nvidia has to push the RTX much harder otherwise there is no justification for next gen cards.The 3000 series can handle the non-RTX scenarios fine.Even my 5 year old Vega56 is still fine in 1080p at high and very high in latest games like RDR 2 and FC6.Nvidia is intersted in profit so there needs to be something that make the cards really kneel ... I feel the Dead by Deadlight 2 is opening a trend with 3080 to be an RTX 1080p 60fps card .. The next question is:
Ask yourself how many spent 2000$ to play at 1080p ? (except me ... of course) .... They may force your hand to upgrade.
I really feel you are totally ignoring what DLSS can do for people that play at higher resolutions, as Exposed just mentioned.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:13 PM   #1056
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Those recommended elements are without taking a scaler into consideration.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:17 PM   #1057
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

We will see. I still feel there is something fishy about this ...
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:23 PM   #1058
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I agree with some of this. Nvidia has to push resolution, features, differentiation and fidelity so gamers may desire to upgrade. NVidia isn't just selling Gpu's but also an ecosystem, imho.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:33 PM   #1059
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Another note: in the HardWare UnBoxed video, I don't think I ever read or seen anyone zoom in 300 percent on a game loading screen to find a fidelity advantage.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 01:40 PM   #1060
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Another note: in the HardWare UnBoxed video, I don't think I ever read or seen anyone zoom in 300 percent on a game loading screen to find a fidelity advantage.
And there would be a reason for that, no?

Exaggerated....
Old Dec 17, 2021, 02:15 PM   #1061
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I can see the point raising that UI elements and load screens are Native quality with FSR but considering using NIS 85% and 77%, the differences are so slight, it did take a 300 percent zoomed in to point it out. And he blanketed there was no use of NIS if there is FSR implemented in the game; what if one has enough performance, one can use the 85% NIS scale? or thinks the FSR locked sharpener is too high or too less in a specific title, one can adjust the sharpener with NIS.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 01:04 AM   #1062
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I'm fooling with the Icat image quality tool for the first time. Nifty tool and makes it so easy to compare. Haven't tried video yet.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 01:45 AM   #1063
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

You can see with near verticals and horizontals with strong color contrasts, the edge enhancement of Fsr. It's subtle but it does enhance over NIS.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 03:52 AM   #1064
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Here I took some comparison shots in CS:Source, Map Italy from the CS spawn point @ 1920x1080, Maxed with 8x MSAA, using the lossless scaling app. Scaled from 900p and I also went all the way down to 720p with sharpening @ 5. I would never go that low, but differences are more extreme.

Used Flickr as it apppears to let you download the PNG's I uploaded.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzvwmN

Points of interest.
- Lamp post and the window above it just off centre
- Power lines wires hanging down the far left ally
- Power lines handing down the right ally
- Tower/building far down the right ally

You can notice a brightening/hallowing(ringing) along allot of edges in the NIS images that are not there in FSR or Native. More noticeable of course with the 720p upscale with sharpening, but no one would go that low imho.

*edit* Hopefully i have some time to take some more tomorrow in a couple other games

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Dec 18, 2021, 06:19 AM   #1065
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I just tried the Italy map in the same area with no aa and with x8 aa scaling from 1440p to 4k and can't see any ringing artifacts, my sharpening was set to 15. I'll try 1080p scaled to 4k.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 06:57 AM   #1066
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I may not be seeing it but the only artifacts noticeable is when the sharpening filter is set too high
Old Dec 18, 2021, 02:13 PM   #1067
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
I feel the Dead by Deadlight 2 is opening a trend with 3080 to be an RTX 1080p 60fps card .. The next question is:
badsykes why all the hating on the RTX3xxx series? Just ran a benchmark on Shadow of the Tomb Raider on ultra RTX (DLSS greyed out) at 3440x1440 and got average 85fps with minimum 61. Without ray tracing averaged 110 fps so enabling RT is a substantial hit but with my card very playable with ultra RT.

I know it's an old game but it's the only one I have with an in game benchmark that allows RT. I also have Metro Exodus which has a hidden benchmark and had similar scores. Those are very playable frame rates for Ray tracing enabled but it doesn't have to be enabled to enjoy the game.

If I need to use DLSS will I? Absolutely in a heart beat it's free, improves frame rates so what's not to like. Same goes for FSR if it's enabled for my card, I'll gratefully accept any help provided. In the future if I need to reduce some graphics settings I'll have no problem doing so whatsoever. TBH I left 1080p behind a long time ago and I would never spend $2,000 to play at that resolution.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2021, 02:45 PM   #1068
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
badsykes why all the hating on the RTX3xxx series? Just ran a benchmark on Shadow of the Tomb Raider on ultra RTX (DLSS greyed out) at 3440x1440 and got average 85fps with minimum 61. Without ray tracing averaged 110 fps so enabling RT is a substantial hit but with my card very playable with ultra RT.

I know it's an old game but it's the only one I have with an in game benchmark that allows RT. I also have Metro Exodus which has a hidden benchmark and had similar scores. Those are very playable frame rates for Ray tracing enabled but it doesn't have to be enabled to enjoy the game.

If I need to use DLSS will I? Absolutely in a heart beat it's free, improves frame rates so what's not to like. Same goes for FSR if it's enabled for my card, I'll gratefully accept any help provided. In the future if I need to reduce some graphics settings I'll have no problem doing so whatsoever. TBH I left 1080p behind a long time ago and I would never spend $2,000 to play at that resolution.

I feel the RTX3080 level of performance should have been at 3060ti price to be entuziasthic over my vega56 for shader performance.The only card that i feel it's really worth for me is 3080.On the other hand the 3080 is too overpriced and underwhelming in RTX to be worth 2000$.Alsd instead of buying a 3060 ti for 830 euros is easier to just plug a 1080p monitor to my vega56...It feels underwhelming to buy a new gpu.Also i feel that nvidia is milking the situation and profit too much...

Last edited by badsykes : Dec 18, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2021, 03:42 PM   #1069
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Not going to find anyone disgreeing that the price/performance ratio of the current cards is not utter garbage. Just a reality of the current world and yes it sucks

System:
Old Dec 18, 2021, 04:51 PM   #1070
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Not going to find anyone disgreeing that the price/performance ratio of the current cards is not utter garbage. Just a reality of the current world and yes it sucks
This!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 06:35 PM   #1071
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
I may not be seeing it but the only artifacts noticeable is when the sharpening filter is set too high
And that's fair. It relatively minor. But when people start going saying things like NIS is better, it comes down to the details. And when you break it down, NIS is not better quality than FSR.

So when it comes to the NIS SDK to implement gameside... it's utterly pointless as FSR does it better.

System:
Old Dec 18, 2021, 07:53 PM   #1072
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Imho,

Fsr offers more quality with edge enhancement and more seamless when added by the developer. Nis is more flexible and the 85 and 77 percent scaling settings offer good quality as long as there is a nice antii-aliasing foundation. They're both welcomed!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:02 PM   #1073
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Imho,

Fsr offers more quality with edge enhancement and more seamless when added by the developer. Nis is more flexible and the 85 and 77 percent scaling settings offer good quality as long as there is a nice antii-aliasing foundation. They're both welcomed!

System:
Old Dec 19, 2021, 12:19 AM   #1074
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Even if it was at MSRP (400$) the 3060 ti still feels underwhelming card to upgrade my vega56..The thing is the 3060 ti is 50% better than my vega56 in 1440p on average.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 01:11 AM   #1075
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's faster than that. But sure, prices suck atm. Don't think it'll change soon.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 06:57 AM   #1076
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
It's faster than that. But sure, prices suck atm. Don't think it'll change soon.
Prices are insane.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 09:19 AM   #1077
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I am curious for how much time people en mass are willing to pay this gpu prices.If people wouldn't pay them both companies would have to crash in some way or another.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:57 AM   #1078
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I am curious for how much time people en mass are willing to pay this gpu prices.If people wouldn't pay them both companies would have to crash in some way or another.
Demand has been sky high from both gamers and miners so prices will continue to stay high.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 02:38 AM   #1079
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Demand has been sky high from both gamers and miners so prices will continue to stay high.
And the supply is crazy low right now. So it's kind of a perfect storm for high prices

System:
Old Dec 20, 2021, 07:10 AM   #1080
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
And the supply is crazy low right now. So it's kind of a perfect storm for high prices
Indeed.