Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 17, 2021, 09:21 AM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i was wondering what kind of effect this desaster will have on their future projects, like another witcher game. Will people buy stuff from them again or is their rep damaged beyond that point?
I'll definitely give them another chance at some point. Just won't ever pre-order from them again.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2021, 09:24 AM   #842
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I'll definitely give them another chance at some point. Just won't ever pre-order from them again.
i'll do too, but i fear they will go down like Bioware who kinda ruined Dragon Age...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:49 AM   #843
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They have been a day 1 purchase developer for me since the release of Witcher 2.

But for whatever they do next I will wait and read user reviews from the gaming community before buying. I'm sure they'll still make quality games going forward but I'm just hesitant now about blind buying their stuff.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:18 AM   #844
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks like the patch is focused on improving performance on consoles. People are saying the PS4 version is playing noticeably better, which is probably why it's going back on sale on PSN.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2021, 02:57 PM   #845
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
They have been a day 1 purchase developer for me since the release of Witcher 2.

But for whatever they do next I will wait and read user reviews from the gaming community before buying. I'm sure they'll still make quality games going forward but I'm just hesitant now about blind buying their stuff.
yip. I stopped pre-orders years ago... but I pre-order Doom Eternal (because of Doom 2016). Then the last moment did pre-order CP2077 (because of Witcher etc)

Nope. Never again. I'll just wait for reviews.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2021, 03:16 PM   #846
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
yip. I stopped pre-orders years ago... but I pre-order Doom Eternal (because of Doom 2016). Then the last moment did pre-order CP2077 (because of Witcher etc)

Nope. Never again. I'll just wait for reviews.
Well there's hardly a reason to ever pre-order a digital game.

My only caveat would be if you can get a decent discount for pre-ordering, like at least 12-15% off.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 04:45 PM   #847
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
i was wondering what kind of effect this desaster will have on their future projects, like another witcher game. Will people buy stuff from them again or is their rep damaged beyond that point?
It will definitely stop preorder numbers going through the roof on such a title as The Witcher……

HAHAHAHAHAHA

who am I kidding…..
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2021, 07:05 PM   #848
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2...ab=description

Quote:
PCGamesN said that the change in performance was easily noticeable. "An encounter scene in downtown Night City that had produced framerates of about 28 FPS improved to about 36-40 FPS with the replacement file, using the ‘balanced’ DLSS setting at a 1440p output resolution," it claimed.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2021, 07:14 PM   #849
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

You guys forget how buggy Witcher 3 was at launch. CD Projekt Red won me over way past launch date when they kept improving and adding free DLC to Witcher 3.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:02 PM   #850
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 01:38 AM   #851
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
You guys forget how buggy Witcher 3 was at launch. CD Projekt Red won me over way past launch date when they kept improving and adding free DLC to Witcher 3.
nope, but they were actually able to fix that one, other than this mess.

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Old Jun 24, 2021, 03:25 AM   #852
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm still not more than 4 hours into the game, waiting for it to be fixed. Every time I launch there's some immersion breaking bugs.

I've spent many more hours just running around the city tuning graphics though..
Old Jun 24, 2021, 04:37 AM   #853
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I'm still not more than 4 hours into the game, waiting for it to be fixed. Every time I launch there's some immersion breaking bugs.

I've spent many more hours just running around the city tuning graphics though..

I read that there was huge patch launched and is still buggy ? I still want to know when the game has matured and patched so i can play but seems now is not the time.

Anyway i feel this question from Guru3d FSR article feels right here with demo's experience

Quote:
I'll end this article with an open question towards the graphics card industry, applying to AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA. Why did tinkering with image quality become a norm and is that deemed to be acceptable?
From article on FSR https://www.guru3d.com/articles_page...preview,5.html
Old Jun 24, 2021, 08:40 AM   #854
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I followed a dude wearing a dress and high heels for a little while, just to see what he was up to. After about 30 seconds of watching him bump into walls and walk in circles, he despawned right in front of me. Sorcery!!!

Old Jun 24, 2021, 08:49 AM   #855
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Anyway i feel this question from Guru3d FSR article feels right here with demo's experience

Maybe I'm not understanding the context of the point being made there, but tinkering with image quality has been the norm with PC gaming for as long as I can remember. Its kind of what sets PC gaming apart from console gaming, the ability to tinker to get different levels of graphics quality and performance.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 09:13 AM   #856
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding the context of the point being made there, but tinkering with image quality has been the norm with PC gaming for as long as I can remember. Its kind of what sets PC gaming apart from console gaming, the ability to tinker to get different levels of graphics quality and performance.
We have lost our way, only the grail can save us now
Old Jun 24, 2021, 09:23 AM   #857
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post

Quote:
I'll end this article with an open question towards the graphics card industry, applying to AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA. Why did tinkering with image quality become a norm and is that deemed to be acceptable?
A long time ago, when Ati and Nvidia started optimizing anisotropic/texture filtering.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2021, 04:16 PM   #858
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Console King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I followed a dude wearing a dress and high heels for a little while, just to see what he was up to. After about 30 seconds of watching him bump into walls and walk in circles, he despawned right in front of me. Sorcery!!!

That pretty much sums up my experience with this game
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:31 PM   #859
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

I can't stomach the really bad LOD traffic. They need to just get rid of it entirely imo.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:17 PM   #860
Arioch
Radeon Northern Islands

Arioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete strangerArioch once held a door open for a complete stranger

I watched some videos on the console performance improvements and noticed how empty the market area is. I am guessing increasing the crowd density will be one of the additions for the "next gen" patch for the new consoles.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:42 PM   #861
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
I watched some videos on the console performance improvements and noticed how empty the market area is. I am guessing increasing the crowd density will be one of the additions for the "next gen" patch for the new consoles.
Patch 1.23 introduces some strange light flickering for me. Although I guess it could be the new driver's from nvidia too?

The above is happening throughout the game world.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 04:02 PM   #862
xCLAVEx
Will not conform

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Six months after it launched, CD Projekt Red CEO Adam Kiciński reckons Cyberpunk 2077 is at a "satisfactory level" of stability.

Kiciński made the comments at WSE Innovation Day, where he discussed the game's numerous patches and future plans for making improvements (via TVN24). "We have already reached a satisfactory level [of stability]," a machine translation reads. "We have also been working on the overall efficiency, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and glitches, and we will continue to do that."

The CEO also said that CDPR would be "introducing improvements to the general systems that players are paying attention to," presumably looking at larger overhauls to the game in the future.

Kiciński has been firm and reassuring in CDPR's ongoing efforts to bring Cyberpunk up to scratch. At the company's first quarter financial results of the year, Kiciński said "we intend to live up to what we promised our gamers in January. While we already see major improvements, a large part of the team continues to work on making sure that Cyberpunk provides even better entertainment to gamers."

While Cyberpunk 2077 is still a little half-baked, it's not the hot mess it was when it first released. The last few patches have been bountiful with bug fixes, though a lot of them seem to be fixing incredibly minor issues. The work CDPR has put in has finally satisfied Sony though, who popped the game back up on its PlayStation store last week—albeit with the caveat that it's still not good enough for PlayStation 4.

https://www.pcgamer.com/after-6-mont...factory-level/
Seems CDPR are happy with the state of the game now, even though by the articles very admission most of the "bugs" they fixed were minor and inconsequential.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 01:12 PM   #863
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Even with the 3080 I have now, think I'm still going to wait to play this game. Maybe I'll wait until I get a 4080 some day. Surely it'll be amazing by then.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 01:24 PM   #864
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Even with the 3080 I have now, think I'm still going to wait to play this game. Maybe I'll wait until I get a 4080 some day. Surely it'll be amazing by then.
4K? Yeah, maybe.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 01:26 PM   #865
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Lightbulb fixed that for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Even with the 3080 I have now, think I'm still going to wait to play this game. Maybe I'll wait until I get a 14080 some day. Surely it'll be amazing by then.

yep

Old Jun 29, 2021, 01:40 PM   #866
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
yep
What happened with your system? Did you get something finally?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 02:18 PM   #867
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymizzer can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Subscriber

When I get the 3090 Hybrid tomorrow I'm going to give this game another go.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 03:34 PM   #868
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
When I get the 3090 Hybrid tomorrow I'm going to give this game another go.
It's perplexing that they're adding internal combustion to an already all-electric appliance tho.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2021, 04:05 PM   #869
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I'm pretty sure I won't like wandering pedestrians and disappearing cars in 4K anymore than I do in 2K.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 05:00 PM   #870
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
It's perplexing that they're adding internal combustion to an already all-electric appliance tho.
I smirked.