Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 25, 2021, 07:38 PM   #1171
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I still can't get one outside of scalper prices on ebay.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:30 PM   #1172
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any maid getting Sushi Ghost Director’s Cut?

Last edited by SirBaron : Aug 1, 2021 at 07:56 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2021, 09:11 AM   #1173
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m going to jump back into Returnal before too long. I know hardcore rogue likes are not everyone’s cup of tea, but there’s really no other game like this out there. Here’s a review worth watching, and to be fair, most reviews echo this one.

https://youtu.be/zpcLfjTWiBk

It’s really a beautiful, addictive game, stellar combat, design, visuals and audio…top notch

Hopefully over the coming months we’ll get some others …
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:53 AM   #1174
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Gamestop has bundle editions of ps5 listed as "add to cart" IF you are a pro member. I was tempted to sub, but then thought it might just be a gimmick to increase pro subscriptions?

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games.../B225170R.html

...AND THEY ARE NOW SOLD OUT! The "add to cart" stayed for about 10 minutes.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jul 27, 2021 at 11:05 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2021, 02:56 PM   #1175
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Why the frack did i buy demon souls....

ughhh I suck at these souls games

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 08:59 AM   #1176
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Why the frack did i buy demon souls....

ughhh I suck at these souls games
It’s the easiest one there is. Do a magic build. Wreck everything and call it a day. Seriously, magic is OP.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 09:18 AM   #1177
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Even with Demon's Souls being easier compared to more recent Soulsbourne games, they are all pretty hardcore and fairly inaccessible gameplay-wise to the average casual gamer. Not sure of Tyr-Sog's gaming skill level or preferences, just speaking in general. But I think we forget that because we have so much experience with these games and are used to what they involve. I try to think back to when I first started a Souls game and it was quite the learning curve with much frustration. But for me, since I have masochistic tendencies I enjoyed it.

Honestly, all these From Soft games are just a veritable fun house of cheap tricks and traps around every corner. You just need to have the wits and guts to survive their bullshit. But if you do not have the patience, and really don't enjoy the gameplay you're likely not going to have much fun playing these games.

I used to always tell people even though it seems frustrating at the start you should stick with it and you'll eventually see how special these games are. But now I just tell people if you're really not enjoying it just quit and move on to something else. Time is precious. Don't force yourself to play something you're not enjoying.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 09:28 AM   #1178
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Even with Demon's Souls being easier compared to more recent Soulsbourne games, they are all pretty hardcore and fairly inaccessible gameplay-wise to the average casual gamer. Not sure of Tyr-Sog's gaming skill level or preferences, just speaking in general. But I think we forget that because we have so much experience with these games and are used to what they involve. I try to think back to when I first started a Souls game and it was quite the learning curve with much frustration. But for me, since I have masochistic tendencies I enjoyed it.

Honestly, all these From Soft games are just a veritable fun house of cheap tricks and traps around every corner. You just need to have the wits and guts to survive their bullshit. But if you do not have the patience, and really don't enjoy the gameplay you're likely not going to have much fun playing these games.

I used to always tell people even though it seems frustrating at the start you should stick with it and you'll eventually see how special these games are. But now I just tell people if you're really not enjoying it just quit and move on to something else. Time is precious. Don't force yourself to play something you're not enjoying.
Masochism mmmmm

Nope, you’re right. I enjoy working through the pain too, but if there’s no enjoyment there, just move on. To each their own
Old Aug 2, 2021, 09:40 AM   #1179
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah I don't know why but when I'm struggling with a tough game I tend to want to keep playing over and over while most people would quit, or at least take a break. I kind of enjoy the game kicking my ass - and the inevitable awesome feeling of when I finally kick its ass back. Souls games are perfect for this.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2021, 09:51 AM   #1180
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah I don't know why but when I'm struggling with a tough game I tend to want to keep playing over and over while most people would quit, or at least take a break. I kind of enjoy the game kicking my ass - and the inevitable awesome feeling of when I finally kick its ass back. Souls games are perfect for this.
Agreed, but you knew I would I guess I don’t see the point of a challenge that isn’t a challenge. I started a new play through on Nioh 2 just for the challenge. Trying a different build and figuring out how to beat some genuinely tough bosses.

Yes, I’m bleeding a lot, but man I just love it
Old Aug 3, 2021, 01:15 PM   #1181
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Ps5 coming tomorrow,

Got Returnal, Demon Souls, Spiderman, and Ratchet waiting for it.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 02:00 PM   #1182
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Ps5 coming tomorrow,

Make sure you give Returnal a fair shot. It's an amazingly well done next gen title.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 02:26 PM   #1183
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Ps5 coming tomorrow,

Nice. Congrats! It seems like it is getting harder and harder where I live. Target and Best Buy ended shipping PS5s online and opted for store pickup only for online sales. Now whenever there is a drop, stores in my area sellout in like 90 seconds. Now I can’t even add to cart before getting denied. Maybe that’s their idea of bot prevention as it is spreading availability wide across US. But, it made things worse for me. Or maybe not? Who knows…. I’ll keep trying.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2021, 09:47 PM   #1184
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Did any of you stick a nvme in your PS5? Results?
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #1185
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Did any of you stick a nvme in your PS5? Results?
Well considering Sony’s strategy to keep the storage space from being a problem while they worked on the solution was to not release enough games worth installing to fill it, I don’t think there’s much need ATM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 AM   #1186
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Not if you play games between PC and console, but console only games for sure it would get full fast.

The way to go with PS4 games though is external SSD. They load faster on the external SSD than they do on the internal NVME (likely capped).

external mechanical drive though... BLEH

edit: Just checked my drive

I have 120GB left and I don't exactly have many games installed.

Last edited by SirBaron : Today at 02:37 AM.
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:21 AM   #1187
KAC
It might be gays!

My PS5 is filled and I am thinking about upgrading my comp and throwing a 1 TB on the PS5 but I don’t know the requirements of the drive and if it works well or not.
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #1188
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
My PS5 is filled and I am thinking about upgrading my comp and throwing a 1 TB on the PS5 but I don’t know the requirements of the drive and if it works well or not.
https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks...al-hard-drives

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:04 AM   #1189
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I’m grabbing a Crucial P5 for mine, just because I’ve never had Crucial fail on me. No hurry though.
Old Today, 10:16 AM   #1190
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Sadly they only work for ps4 games.

Nvme has to be able to fit inside with a heatsink. Also has to be a fast compatible drive.
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #1191
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Sadly they only work for ps4 games.

Nvme has to be able to fit inside with a heatsink. Also has to be a fast compatible drive.
There are also lists of heat sinks that will have the right height requirements floating around the web if you want a drive that doesn’t come with one.
Old Today, 12:08 PM   #1192
SirBaron

I'll probably get one end of the year.
Old Today, 03:33 PM   #1193
SirBaron

So far I'm enjoying Demon Souls more than I thought, as I usually don't like Souls formula. However I am still early and haven't repeatedly anihilated... so could change

Returnal is good though, I love that studios games anyway, Super Stardust is still one of my fav titles.

Ratchet looks like a playable pixar film amazing visuals.

SpiderMan... looks good but I really don't like the new face.
Old Today, 07:36 PM   #1194
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I think Returnal was my surprise hit this whole past year. A few ulcers, chewed a few chunks from the desk lol....lovely game