Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 12, 2022, 01:38 AM   #2491
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Finished The Boys. Amazing show. Smartly written super gross, and waaay to fun to stop watching. Can't wait for season 4.
Yip.. The Boys is awesome!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 03:06 AM   #2492
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Episode 6 of Sandman was great, loved it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 04:14 AM   #2493
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Episode 6 of Sandman was great, loved it.
6 was a great episode

I’m not sure how many episodes are left for me, maybe 1 or 2.

This show is a real mix for me, primarily because I think they could have done a much better job casting the lead. Primary gripe is that he always looks bored, and has a toothache. Seriously, he has no real screen presence or intensity.

Other than that, the story is interesting, the visuals are fantastic, and the majority of the actors are doing a great job
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 12, 2022, 07:51 AM   #2494
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
6 was a great episode

I’m not sure how many episodes are left for me, maybe 1 or 2.

This show is a real mix for me, primarily because I think they could have done a much better job casting the lead. Primary gripe is that he always looks bored, and has a toothache. Seriously, he has no real screen presence or intensity.

Other than that, the story is interesting, the visuals are fantastic, and the majority of the actors are doing a great job
I wouldn't blame the actor. That's the character. Always passive, bland and in the background. His speech bubbles were white text on warbbly black background if I remember correctly.

If the original author, the screenwriter, and showrunner tell you to play him dour and uninteresting, you do your job.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 08:04 AM   #2495
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

in the graphic novels his speech bubbles were black with white text iirc. And yes, the char in the novels actually is very close to the actors performance in the tv show. That being said my guess would be that most people never had access to the graphic novel. It's understandable that those might have problems understanding what the hell is going on.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old Aug 12, 2022, 08:33 AM   #2496
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

No doubt. And maybe gaiman made a mistake in not sexing up morpheus a bit to make him more appealing in the TV format. (Tom ellis's lucifer is a hell of a lot more charismatic that the source material.)

I am just saying, the actor is doing his job. Any actor that was taking direction would end up with a similar performance.

Entirely possible that gaiman is intending for the character to evolve as things move forward, as his outlook changes, etc. Seems very likely to me that this is the most extreme version of his aloof personality and it will change

Old Aug 12, 2022, 08:35 AM   #2497
Java Cool Dude
With my family

Java Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled withJava Cool Dude is not someone to be trifled with

Watched Season 3 finale of For All Mankind on AppleTV+; what an amazing show!
Java Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 11:16 AM   #2498
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
No doubt. And maybe gaiman made a mistake in not sexing up morpheus a bit to make him more appealing in the TV format. (Tom ellis's lucifer is a hell of a lot more charismatic that the source material.)

I am just saying, the actor is doing his job. Any actor that was taking direction would end up with a similar performance.

Entirely possible that gaiman is intending for the character to evolve as things move forward, as his outlook changes, etc. Seems very likely to me that this is the most extreme version of his aloof personality and it will change
I didn’t even know there was a graphic novel until very recently, or that his performance is mirroring it closely. Thanks for the explanation on that.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 12:26 PM   #2499
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I didn’t even know there was a graphic novel until very recently, or that his performance is mirroring it closely. Thanks for the explanation on that.
The black speech bubbles I think are to add an otherworldly disconnectedness to his speech, etc. Very unlike a human, while Death is very similar to humanity. A subtle hint at how to interpret the character.

The graphic novel is considered one of the greatest written, alongside The Watchman. Both were considered unfilmable for a long time. While not perfect, the watchman movie did a pretty good job, and the hbo series spinoff was excellent too.

Sandman had many false starts as a movie that generally fell apart as studio execs started messing with it to try to keep to their formulas.

Probably something similar to The Dark Tower would have been the result if it had moved forward. Series format with the author given a lot of leeway to do things thier way is pretty much the only way it could work.

Old Aug 12, 2022, 01:08 PM   #2500
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
Watched Season 3 finale of For All Mankind on AppleTV+; what an amazing show!
This season knocked it out of the park, every episode is fantastic.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 01:28 PM   #2501
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

For all mankind season 3 ended, was great.
R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2022, 02:42 PM   #2502
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Caught up with Peaky Blinders season 6. I was under the impression that season 6 would be the actual end of the Peaky Blinders story, but apparently there's a movie coming up. So the somewhat open ending is not what I had set myself up for. Regardless, I've loved the show from start to finish.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 03:38 PM   #2503
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Caught up with Peaky Blinders season 6. I was under the impression that season 6 would be the actual end of the Peaky Blinders story, but apparently there's a movie coming up. So the somewhat open ending is not what I had set myself up for. Regardless, I've loved the show from start to finish.
same here. Definitely one of the best shows of the last years, hands down.

Old Aug 12, 2022, 05:54 PM   #2504
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
The black speech bubbles I think are to add an otherworldly disconnectedness to his speech, etc. Very unlike a human, while Death is very similar to humanity. A subtle hint at how to interpret the character.

The graphic novel is considered one of the greatest written, alongside The Watchman. Both were considered unfilmable for a long time. While not perfect, the watchman movie did a pretty good job, and the hbo series spinoff was excellent too.

Sandman had many false starts as a movie that generally fell apart as studio execs started messing with it to try to keep to their formulas.

Probably something similar to The Dark Tower would have been the result if it had moved forward. Series format with the author given a lot of leeway to do things thier way is pretty much the only way it could work.
Thanks for the info on this one koralis. We just watched the final episode and I found I enjoyed it more and more as they filled out/fleshed in personalities, who was what and why. Much better and the explanations helped
Old Aug 12, 2022, 07:10 PM   #2505
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I still would have liked to have seen Keanu Reeves play morpheus, just to see him say "Schwoah!"

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM   #2506
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finished Sandman episode 5. Geez, this episode we well written. Spectacularly well written.

So episode 5 concludes the material from Preludes and Nocturnes, which is the first book... Basically a season finale, stuck right in the middle of the season. I suspect that the next 5 episodes will cover the 2nd book. So squeezing in 2 books per season? Sounds like a good plan. The first 5 episodes were perfectly paced.

The first 2 books have always been my least favorite in the series. I always felt like it took awhile for the series to find it's way. I'm really impressed with how strongly the show is handling even the weakest material... Can't wait to see what they do when they get to the good stuff.

At this pace, we can expect season 2 to get through book 4, which is one of my very favorites. Netflix usually runs these things on a 2 year schedule, so it'll be a bit, but that's still very exciting.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #2507
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

finished Sandman. Really enjoyed the ride, but i also read the graphic novels and loved them.

Next up new season of Locke & Key

Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #2508
koralis
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Episode 6... Great episode. As I suspected they truncated stories, but at least the stories were alluded to

the Shakespeare bit was much longer in the comic, and adds depth to the world but doesn't really advance the story. I suppose it's possible it will be interspersed later, but I doubt it so I don't feel bad about describing it here.

As I recall, will wanted to be able to write great plays and so Dream struck a bargain. Inspiration for days (what is that but a dream of what could be) in exchange for a specific work commissioned for Morpheus. Morpheus commissions a play be written and performed. That play is A Misummer's Night's Dream, to be show before the king and queen of the fairies as a parting gift before the fairies left the world.

Alot of banter from the fairies watching themselves depicted, etc. Nothing terribly special, and I can see why he didn't bother, but there you have it.

Of course, I may be misremembering some details... Is so, apologies.

The introduction to big sister death was well done and conveys her caring nature (though as she said, she was not always that way)

The hob story isn't in and of itself useful, but does illustrate Dream's reluctance to get attached to humanity. As he feels superior to them. It's also very touching, so I am glad they included it.

Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #2509
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Episode 6... Great episode. As I suspected they truncated stories, but at least the stories were alluded to

the Shakespeare bit was much longer in the comic, and adds depth to the world but doesn't really advance the story. I suppose it's possible it will be interspersed later, but I doubt it so I don't feel bad about describing it here.

As I recall, will wanted to be able to write great plays and so Dream struck a bargain. Inspiration for days (what is that but a dream of what could be) in exchange for a specific work commissioned for Morpheus. Morpheus commissions a play be written and performed. That play is A Misummer's Night's Dream, to be show before the king and queen of the fairies as a parting gift before the fairies left the world.

Alot of banter from the fairies watching themselves depicted, etc. Nothing terribly special, and I can see why he didn't bother, but there you have it.

Of course, I may be misremembering some details... Is so, apologies.

The introduction to big sister death was well done and conveys her caring nature (though as she said, she was not always that way)

The hob story isn't in and of itself useful, but does illustrate Dream's reluctance to get attached to humanity. As he feels superior to them. It's also very touching, so I am glad they included it.

Hah so you finally got to watch what was probably the best episode of the season. So was this all one chapter in the comic, placed accordingly? You gave me the impression the things inside were sorta their own things. Don't get me wrong it was a much needed break after 5 (I can't even go back to watch that episode to verify what Subcog said about it as it was really disturbing) and a good break between arcs.

Also is the 4 climax that controversial?
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #2510
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Watched two episodes of Sandman, seems pretty good.

It's nice to see something new on netflix that isn't mediocre or outright garbage.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 AM   #2511
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Finished For All Mankind and it's a great ride, best season yet.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote