Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 22, 2022, 08:13 AM   #1351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
PCB length is shorter afaik, it's the height that's bigger. The cooler design is a different story; seems like AIBs are using a lot of the 3000 series designs because the 4080/4090 design is very, very close to 3080/3090 PCB with slight changes.
Yeah, I had read Ada GPU is pin compatible to 3000 series so boards like 3090Ti and 3080Ti were Ada compatible.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:25 AM   #1352
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
already are they are all mining cards

i think a lot more gamers than they think will be keeping their 3000 cards and skipping the 4000's
A bunch of people who don't upgrade very often decided to upgrade last time because of the lockdowns. The 4000 series won't sell as well as the 3000 series even if mining was going strong. I'm sure Nvidia is prepared for a loss. The stock market loss already shows that the average investor is aware that it's coming. Used market might see some movement but that's the way these things go. They couldn't possibly sustain that level of sales annually.
the_sextein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:36 AM   #1353
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:47 AM   #1354
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Perf per dollar is a worse comparison imo. For 1080ti like perf you are paying 1080ti dollars 5 years later...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:54 AM   #1355
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H ULED LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:05 AM   #1356
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

We're quickly moving to a GPU "rental" model. The last step is 5G rollout to the last mile customer base.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1357
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Thanks DK!
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:13 AM   #1358
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post

i hope AMD doesn't get those coolers
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:23 AM   #1359
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It was kind of funny seeing those tiny inno3d cards with pre-installed waterblocks vs the humongous Air-cooled cards.

And jebus, you know things have gone too far when companies ships their cards with anti-sag brackets that can support weights up to 5 KG, or with notes like these cards will work just fine with our 1200W psu.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:28 AM   #1360
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

the Jacket is going for a Griswold Christmas

scram the reactors

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 22, 2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:01 PM   #1361
koralis
Radeon Caribbean Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, I'm never spending $900 on a video card. I suspect they're leaving out the 4070 and 4060 for now so that they can bring them out at a more reasonable price point once they sell out their 30xx stock.

If not, maybe my next card will be AMD. Hopefully with some coolers that don't sound like a jet engine. That was the main reason I didn't do it last time.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:14 PM   #1362
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm still curious about DLSS 3.0, I could see that frame smoothing tech working in games like Flight Simulator, but can it really handle games with rapid camera movement?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:22 PM   #1363
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'm still curious about DLSS 3.0, I could see that frame smoothing tech working in games like Flight Simulator, but can it really handle games with rapid camera movement?
if you are getting two of every frame isn't that going to add lag and delay in a lot of games ?

so it will be like seeing every frame twice as long just for fooling your frame counter

frame counter says you are at 80 FPS but the GPU is only generating 40 new frames
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:33 PM   #1364
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

That's not how that works bill lol

Fast moving games should have any additional latency negated by NV REFLEX, but who knows. Seems like we don't know all the facts about DLSS3.0 yet, and the slides we were shown did not seem to give the full picture.

DLSS2.x works fantastic right now. I can't see them introducing a different method that causes latency spikes. It would make DLSS useless.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:39 PM   #1365
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
That's not how that works bill lol

Fast moving games should have any additional latency negated by NV REFLEX, but who knows. Seems like we don't know all the facts about DLSS3.0 yet, and the slides we were shown did not seem to give the full picture.

DLSS2.x works fantastic right now. I can't see them introducing a different method that causes latency spikes. It would make DLSS useless.
you hope

i'll wait for full reviews
but i'm sure there will be drama in the first few months
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:13 PM   #1366
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
That is a good illustration, thanks. I understand Nvidia's point about not to cannibalize the excessive Ampere inventories but curious to see how the market will react.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:20 PM   #1367
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
There was one site that analyzed Spiderman with it and saw a lot of image issues. Little blurs and odd shapes but maybe its invisible to the naked eye if its on just the ai frames. We'll see with reviews could be just early drivers.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:20 PM   #1368
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
That is a good illustration, thanks. I understand Nvidia's point about not to cannibalize the excessive Ampere inventories but curious to see how the market will react.
makes even the 2000's look cheap
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:23 PM   #1369
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
There was one site that analyzed Spiderman with it and saw a lot of image issues. Little blurs and odd shapes but maybe its invisible to the naked eye if its on just the ai frames. We'll see with reviews could be just early drivers.
OR maybe not at lower 4k w/RT frame rates
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:23 PM   #1370
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Bill,

Also curious to see how the market reacts to higher prices without the crypto demand.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:40 PM   #1371
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They seem less focused on selling the new stuff vs. clearing the channel of ampere overstock. You want a new expensive one it'll be there but bargains not gonna be out there for a while.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:46 PM   #1372
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
They seem less focused on selling the new stuff vs. clearing the channel of ampere overstock. You want a new expensive one it'll be there but bargains not gonna be out there for a while.
the fun crap will hit the fan is if AMD comes out with a card as fast or faster than a 4090 and cheaper than a 4080 16gb
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:53 PM   #1373
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I think they will end up between a 4080 16GB and 4090.. but the 4090 will be quite a bit faster than anything else. I don't know about power since they're on a larger node.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:57 PM   #1374
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
the fun crap will hit the fan is if AMD comes out with a card as fast or faster than a 4090 and cheaper than a 4080 16gb

They didn't have much competition when Nvidia launched Turing when they had excessive Pascal inventories but AMD has improved very much so and may have a real opportunity here with this Ada launch.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:26 PM   #1375
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

if im AMD

7900xt 1299 trades blows with 4090
7800xt 899 trades blows with 4080 16gig
7800 649 trades blows with 4080 12gig

obviously AMD will lose once DLSS3.0 is factored in even in cases wheere FSR2.0 and dlss are both implemented. Will likely be comparable (within 10%) of current RT but fall behind of new "enhanced RT" that NV will be pushing now.

If AMD can do that they can get much needed mindshare and some marketshare.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:28 PM   #1376
Nunz
snowflake

I would consider AMD if they match the 4090 @ $1299.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:32 PM   #1377
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I like your positive attitude.

Wishful thinking though.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:37 PM   #1378
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
I think they will end up between a 4080 16GB and 4090.. but the 4090 will be quite a bit faster than anything else. I don't know about power since they're on a larger node.
maybe but NV's node is more expensive and that die size will have lower yields
i think if they move up the RX 7050 xt with two GCD's it could be top dog

Quote:
NVIDIA RTX 4090 Doesn't Max-Out AD102, Ample Room Left for Future RTX 4090 Ti
https://www.techpowerup.com/299091/n...re-rtx-4090-ti

or maybe they got room above the 4090 for a 4080 ti and a 4090 ti
if i remember right they topped a titan with a x080 ti and a new titan before

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 22, 2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:43 PM   #1379
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

nVidia NVIDIA Adds AI Frame Generation Capability to Video Encoding and Decoding

This functionality will only be supported by the GeForce RTX 40 Series.

The defining feature of DLSS 3 is AI frame-generation, the ability of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40-series "Ada" GPUs to predict the next frame to one that's rendered by the GPU, and generate the frame without any involvement of the graphics rendering pipeline. NVIDIA is taking this concept to video encoding, too, letting you increase the frame-rate of your videos through the "magic" of frame generation. NVIDIA Ada GPUs' Optical Flow Accelerator (NVOFA) component can apply the same Optical Flow logic for videos as it does for graphics rendering, predict the next frame, and increase frame-rate through AI generation of that frame. NVIDIA refers to this as Engine-assisted Frame-rate Up Conversion (FRUC).

There's more to FRUC than the "smooth motion" features your TV comes with; NVENC compares two real frames from a video, determines motion vectors, and sets up an optical flow stage, so the generated frames that are interpolated with real frames are accurate. NVIDIA will be releasing FRUC as a library, so it can be integrated with popular content-creation and media-consumption applications on NVIDIA Ada GPUs. It allows people with Ada to create higher frame-rate videos; as well as those with Ada GPUs to consume media at higher frame-rates.

Sources: techPowerUp, NVIDIA
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 03:14 PM   #1380
koralis
Radeon Caribbean Islands

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

I have a feeling that's the real target of DLSS 3... content creators. Imagine having to render only 1/3 of the frames for Game of Thrones and let the AI do an ok job at the other two that are in between time-intensive raytraced frames. HUGE productivity boost and cost savings. If it's every other frame, or you render 3/4s of the frames and let the AI fill in the 4th, it's still big.

If it happens to help gamers, bonus.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote