Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:10 PM   #2221
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Quote:
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU Secures World Record In Four Benchmarks, Overclocked To 5.5 GHz Using Standard Cooling
https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-795...ndard-cooling/

bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:54 PM   #2222
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yep just a plain old aio and I was wondering what the 12900k listed there was using to cool for its score...

They dont usually go cheap on the cooler for these top scores so its quite the statement.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 05:55 AM   #2223
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Nice.

Still curious about DDR5 speeds but AMD might finally do it this time. I'm not sure RaptorLake will provide enough uplift to make up the gap
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 22, 2022, 06:11 AM   #2224
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

When the hell is the NDA over?!
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 08:02 AM   #2225
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not soon enough.

I've been reading around looking at motherboard roundups and that sort of thing but there is still too much info unknown primarily pricing. I already know the MSI and ASUS stuff is going to be a ripoff on launch but I am hopeful Assrock or Gigabutt might have something reasonable.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 08:05 AM   #2226
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Idk. MSI Unify is usually very fairly priced considering it competes with the ASUS APEX. APEX was $799 for Z690 at release iirc, Unify-X was $449-499.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 08:07 AM   #2227
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

At least on launch I'm not sure that model will be available. The four MSI that we've seen posted up and have pricing for are out of my acceptable range based on the options they provide. I'm trying to stay at or near 350$.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Sep 22, 2022, 08:46 AM   #2228
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

BENCHIES!!! FFS!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:16 AM   #2229
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Last I read NDA lift is the 26th... I guess the 21st was just and old release date that was moved up to the 27th...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:20 AM   #2230
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/statu...61275834503168

7950x 6.5 ghz all core but probably LN. The voltage is insane.

https://twitter.com/TUM_APISAK/statu...58941490331648

7.25 ghz single core again high volt but some think its not high enough for LN...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:34 AM   #2231
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Last I read NDA lift is the 26th... I guess the 21st was just and old release date that was moved up to the 27th...
FRAAAACK!!!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:46 AM   #2232
pax
Rage3D Spammer

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ms...ce=twitter.com

Quote:
The drive demonstrated by MSI offers a sequential read speed of up to 12,351 MB/s, a sequential write speed of up to 10,119 MB/s, a 1.3 million 4K random read IOPS (Q32T16), and up to 1.16 million 4K random write IOPS (Q32T16), which is significantly higher when compared to the best SSDs available today.
Nice speeds but probably wont be cheap...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:45 AM   #2233
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
FRAAAACK!!!
Yah that sucks. I hope we can get some pricing information on various motherboards before launch day too.

I realize it probably won't sell out as fast this time around but it's still going to be launch day and I don't want to be rushed into some decision for fear of being stuck waiting another 2-4 weeks for stock.

Then again, no $350 decent motherboard option and it won't really matter to me.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:51 PM   #2234
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Yah that sucks. I hope we can get some pricing information on various motherboards before launch day too.

I realize it probably won't sell out as fast this time around but it's still going to be launch day and I don't want to be rushed into some decision for fear of being stuck waiting another 2-4 weeks for stock.

Then again, no $350 decent motherboard option and it won't really matter to me.
I'll have to wait for the cheaper mobos to arrive, not paying that. If that's the case will get a sub $200 Z690 and go with 13700K or 12700K if price is below $350 for the CPU.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 01:39 PM   #2235
Riptide

I won't be going with Intel but one of the things that makes overpaying for these launch boards even more iffy is that they are rev 1.0. How likely are we to have some kind of bug present that requires another release 1.01 or whatever to resolve. It can happen.

Imagine dropping 5 bills on a 1.0 board and being stuck with a stinker. I'd rage.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:34 PM   #2236
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

The Ryzen 7000 Series will be available on September 27.

In CPU-z screenshots shared by TUM_APISAK, we can see that AMD's Ryzen 9 7950X has been doing the rounds in the hands of various overclockers. The next-gen flagship was recently pushed to 5.5G by AMD's own XOC team and now we are looking at some seriously high overclocks.

As you can see in the pictures below, the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X was pushed to 7.247 GHz across 1 Zen 4 cores with a voltage of 1.506V under LN2 cooling. The CPU also achieved 6.5 GHz across all 16 Zen 4 cores with 1.465V voltage. Now, this is definitely a huge overclock and we can't wait to see what kind of performance the chip offers under LN2 cooling. For comparison, Intel's Raptor Lake flagship, the Core i9-13900K, can achieve up to 6.2-6.3 GHz with a high-end liquid cooling setup & no liquid cooling. The CPU has also been able to hit frequencies north of 8 GHz as reported here.

Source: Wccftech
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 03:29 PM   #2237
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I won't be going with Intel but one of the things that makes overpaying for these launch boards even more iffy is that they are rev 1.0. How likely are we to have some kind of bug present that requires another release 1.01 or whatever to resolve. It can happen.

Imagine dropping 5 bills on a 1.0 board and being stuck with a stinker. I'd rage.
Excellent point!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 04:16 PM   #2238
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

I've done that before. Got stuck with a lemon Asus Formula V board.

RMA is your friend.

Sent in a 1.00 and got a 1.02 back.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 07:16 PM   #2239
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:

Its just bioses most likely for any issues. I have a first gen ryzen 1.0 board and its working fine.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 22, 2022, 09:52 PM   #2240
Riptide

It's just like buying the new model year of a car. The risk of a defect that a BIOS update can't address is small but real with something brand new like this. If you can RMA that's fine swapping boards is a pita plus the down time involved.

Just part and parcel of early adoption. Buyer beware I suppose.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #2241
Riptide

So 3 days from launch and still not looking like a lot of pricing information released. Kind of annoying honestly. On the bright side we can see what some models are going to have as far as aesthetics and features.

Since MSI and ASUS are going to be out of my price range at this point I'm still looking at GB and ASRock. I might even be willing to give biostar a try how bad can it be? lol

https://wccftech.com/roundup/amd-x67...abyte-biostar/

Best info I have available so far in that link.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Today, 11:03 AM   #2242
acroig
Troll SMod

+rep for that roundup, I had hoped to have better pricing info and benchies by now.
Old Today, 11:06 AM   #2243
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'm going to avoid GB out of principle for a while, they handled that exploding PSU incident horribly.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:36 PM   #2244
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'm going to avoid GB out of principle for a while, they handled that exploding PSU incident horribly.
Isn't that the PSU that Newegg bundled with new GPUs?
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #2245
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Isn't that the PSU that Newegg bundled with new GPUs?
Yes.
Old Today, 08:19 PM   #2246
Mangler
PC

Old Today, 08:35 PM   #2247
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Looks like the 7950x beats the 5800x3d easily in games due to its own cache increases. And quite a bit faster than the lower 6 and 8 core 7000 ryzens.

https://twitter.com/greymon55/status...25884439494656

www.realitysandwich.com