Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 10, 2022, 01:12 PM   #1081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
Banned

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Any gay boning?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2022, 03:04 PM   #1082
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

asrock oc formula radeon rx 6900 xt

Quote:
- GPU Clock P BIOS(Boost/Game): Up to 2475/ Up to 2295 MHz
- GPU Clock Q BIOS(Boost/Game): Up to 2365/ Up to 2165 MHz
- Base Clock: 2125 MHz
asrock oc formula radeon rx 6950 xt

Quote:
- GPU Clock P BIOS(Boost/Game/Base): Up to 2495/ Up to 2279 MHz/2143 MHz
- GPU Clock Q BIOS(Boost/Game) /Base: Up to 2310/ Up to 2100 MHz/1890 MHz
pass
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2022, 03:18 PM   #1083
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That isn't that surprising, isn't this refresh basically one where they put faster memory on all cards like nvidia likes to do?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 10, 2022, 03:57 PM   #1084
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Wow 2850 boost? Gotta be a golden sample.

But the 20% extra perf non oced is a bit surprising.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2022, 07:37 AM   #1085
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Wow 2850 boost? Gotta be a golden sample.
I thought the same thing.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2022, 07:32 PM   #1086
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Lowest Ive ever seen this:

https://www.amazon.ca/PowerColor-Dev...3131494&sr=8-7

And its the 6950 version to boot.

Was: $1,554.56
Price: $1,285.38
You Save: $269.18 (17%)

Thats CAD btw so about ~900$ USD.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 21, 2022, 07:48 PM   #1087
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Let them prices keep crashing baby, woo!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2022, 10:57 AM   #1088
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Lowest Ive ever seen this:

https://www.amazon.ca/PowerColor-Dev...3131494&sr=8-7

And its the 6950 version to boot.

Was: $1,554.56
Price: $1,285.38
You Save: $269.18 (17%)

Thats CAD btw so about ~900$ USD.
Geez that's less than I spend for my 6700 last summer.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2022, 12:12 PM   #1089
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

If you paid over $900 for a 6700.. even if you were desperate.. that's terrible.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 22, 2022, 12:37 PM   #1090
pax
Rage3D Spammer

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 22, 2022, 04:10 PM   #1091
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Yeah... super tempting, even though the discount is now 10% instead of 17%. Holding out though as my 6600XT is working out just fine for my needs...

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2022, 04:50 PM   #1092
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
open box from newegg
Old May 22, 2022, 04:53 PM   #1093
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Man missed that... they say you can order up to 5... but thats only one thats open box the others are 999$...

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 22, 2022, 08:07 PM   #1094
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Man missed that... they say you can order up to 5... but thats only one thats open box the others are 999$...
yea they make it easy to miss now

then when it gets to you damaged it's your fault

remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-eB_Bv5Ik
Old Sep 12, 2022, 07:59 PM   #1095
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

AMD AMD Radeon RX 6600M on Desktop PCBs Being Sold for As Low As $180 USD

Get them while they’re hot!

With next-generation GPUs around the corner, the market seems to be flooded with ASICs for any board partner willing to buy them and use as they see fit—including building desktop graphics cards with mobile GPUs. Several Chinese board partners are found selling desktop graphics cards based on the mobile Radeon RX 6600M at prices ranging between the equivalent of USD $180 to $214.

The RX 6600M has essentially the same specs as the desktop RX 6600 (non-XT), with 1,792 stream processors across 28 RDNA2 compute units, 8 GB of 14 Gbps GDDR6 memory across a 128-bit wide memory bus, and similar clock-speeds of 2177 MHz (compared to 2044 MHz of the desktop RX 6600). In fact the RX 6600M has much better typical board power specs of 100 W, compared to 132 W of the desktop RX 6600. The best part of this deal has to be the price. An RX 6600 (non-XT) starts around the $250-mark in the US market. So even with shipping costs added, the $180 RX 6600M comes across as a slightly better deal.

Source: techPowerUp!, VideoCardz.com
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2022, 09:06 PM   #1096
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Wowzers, that is a good deal.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 13, 2022, 05:35 PM   #1097
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Wowzers, that is a good deal.
I'd need more off than that to accept a Chinese region card with either no warranty, or a difficult to actually use warranty.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 02:06 PM   #1098
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

AMD AMD Cuts MSRPs of Radeon RX 6000 Series Graphics Cards

Lower prices across the board.

AMD has come up with new MSRPs for its Radeon RX 6000 series RDNA2 graphics cards, in a bid to better compete against NVIDIA's RTX 30-series high-end cards, as the product lifecycles of both companies draw to a close. The new price list was finalized on September 15, and is beginning to take effect in popular online retailers. The latest prices see the top Radeon RX 6950 XT at $949, and the RX 6900 XT $699. The latter offers better value, as it's within 5% of the RX 6950 XT, while being $250 cheaper. The RX 6800 XT drops to $599, which makes it $100 cheaper still than the RX 6900 XT, while being within 5% relative performance. If you can find an RX 6800 (non-XT), its MSRP is set at $549.

MSRP cuts also take effect on performance-segment and mid-range SKUs. The RX 6750 XT is now a $419 SKU, and the RX 6700 XT is just $379. Both cards perform in the league of the RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3070, making them interesting SKUs to consider. The RX 6650 XT, which replaces the RX 6600 XT from the product stack, is priced at $299. If you can find an RX 6600 XT, it should start around the $239-mark. The entry-level RX 6500 XT and RX 6400 are finally under the $200-mark where they belong, with the RX 6500 XT going for $169, and the RX 6400 at $149. NVIDIA already debuted its RTX 40-series "Ada" graphics cards, but only at the very high-end, with the RTX 4090 expected to go on sale mid-October, at $1,600. AMD's next generation will be unveiled on November 3.

Source: techPowerUp!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2022, 04:17 PM   #1099
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yay! It's been a long time since we've had reasonable options in the sub-$200 range.

Geez though, I paid a thousand bucks for my 6700xt last summer... it's kindof painful to see it drop almost $700 in that time.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:28 PM   #1100
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

6500 XT and 6400 are still kind of disappointments in the low end region. I remember it used to be you could buy a $180 card and it was actually decent. Not anywhere near top of the line, but not trash either. We need the RX 6600 XT to drop to sub $200.

With that being said, prices are amazingly better than they were even six months ago.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM   #1101
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Keep dropping... yea the 6500 and 6400 should be sub 100$. I remember 50$ vidcards not that long ago.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Yesterday, 08:05 AM   #1102
Nunz
snowflake

AMD offering a lot of $$/buck. Honestly though, so is NV. The 3090TI for $999 is really a fantastic deal, especially for anyone utilizing AUTOCAD or any other application that can benefit from the high memory. 6950XT pretty regularly hits 2800+ core clocks too, doesn't it? All 6950XT's have that unlocked core?

Wondering if we'll see prices drop even further, or if they'll stay where they are for AMD..

I wish this had been a thing the last two years.. what a joke. Just goes to show how massive the tech bubble was..
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #1103
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

i probably could have saved about 200 bux if i waited 2 months to buy my 6600

And for the price i did pay i could have gotten a 6600XT

but.....NO RAGRATS!
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM   #1104
CyanBlues
Radeon Southern Islands

CyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete strangerCyanBlues once held a door open for a complete stranger

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5375YZB8&psc=1

XFX Speedster SWFT 319 AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT for 679.99 on amazon -_- where was this pricing before? I'm tempted to get it since I just gave my 6800 to my nephew
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #1105
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
i probably could have saved about 200 bux if i waited 2 months to buy my 6600

And for the price i did pay i could have gotten a 6600XT

but.....NO RAGRATS!
Bah, there was no way to know where the market was going to go. Personally I've been pretty damn happy with my 6600XT, even though it was lower end than I wanted to go, it's been awesome.

The surprise of FSR 2.x was also nice. Then the DLSS2FSR2 mod made things a little sweeter.

I know the 6600 is slower than the 6600XT. But I'm @ 3840x1080(about the same as 1440p) and your at 1080p? So here sitting more or less in the same performance camps. I'm honestly happy with my card

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Today, 07:26 AM   #1106
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5375YZB8&psc=1

XFX Speedster SWFT 319 AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT for 679.99 on amazon -_- where was this pricing before? I'm tempted to get it since I just gave my 6800 to my nephew
That's a great deal but we're too close to RDNA 3 release in November, mind as well wait for that.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #1107
pax
Rage3D Spammer

US prices dropped at the same as the peso/looney dropped. So we are still paying ~1000$ CAD up here.

Oh well.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Today, 06:16 PM   #1108
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
US prices dropped at the same as the peso/looney dropped. So we are still paying ~1000$ CAD up here.

Oh well.
Just wait for it. Used 6800XT's are now under $700 CAD and that's going to plummet as used RTX cards keep falling in price.

System:
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #1109
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Will be fun to see if the 6900xt hits the price point of its 7000 equivalent. But likely the 7700 or 7600 will have way better RT.

www.realitysandwich.com