Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:35 AM   #1261
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The 4080 12GB will be lucky to be the same speed as the 3090TI. The only redeeming factor is that it will do so at a lower wattage.. but that 192-bit bus will be terrible at 4K. With DLSS off, I suspect that 4080 12GB will struggle greatly. DLSS3.0 Performance mode is also apparently significantly faster than DLSS2.x Performance mode.

The numbers are completely skewed and not comparable. If you think NV did that on accident.. hehehe.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:36 AM   #1262
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Only took them a decade.. or more.
so they did it and can again

and so you are rooting for higher NV prices and DLSS 8 that renders 8K at 480p

i think the 4000's are all DLSS monsters as that is all they showed
raster they will be 33% to maybe 50% over a 3090

more and more DLSS a race to the IQ bottom
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:37 AM   #1263
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
It was always an uneasy 'marriage' with Nvidia.

But the 'divorce' will not come on that date.
Well I'm in the middle of a messy divorce with them right now. I sullied myself by being their bitch and mining with their equipment.

Now that whole thing is over with I've found my self-respect.

AMD or bust. I own the stock to prove it.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:37 AM   #1264
Nunz
snowflake

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

4090 will be 50% faster than 3090TI with no DLSS, I think, based off the numbers of AC: Valhalla, which is not an NV favored game.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:38 AM   #1265
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well yes, the 12 Gb 4080 will be a little behind the 3090TI without DLSS 3.0 but with it you will see a noticeable jump beyond what the $2000 3090TI can do on a $900 4000 series card that has the same VRAM capacity as the $1200 3080TI.

4090 is 50% more than 3090 TI raster based on the info shown, add in ray tracing and it's clearly 100% faster based on the math with DLSS giving the 4090 a 250% advantage in cyberpunk according digital foundry DLSS performance 2.1 mode vs DLSS performance mode 3.0 on each card.
the_sextein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:39 AM   #1266
Nunz
snowflake

What you just described is a terrible deal for $900 if the card is slow and bandwidth limited without DLSS. Not every game has it, and every game will need DLSS3.0. Based off the changes, I don't think we'll see all current DLSS games upgraded to 3.0.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:41 AM   #1267
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
4090 will be 50% faster than 3090TI with no DLSS, I think, based off the numbers of AC: Valhalla, which is not an NV favored game.
what benchmark

all we have is NV marketing pictures
and they are always higher than real benchmarks
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:43 AM   #1268
Nunz
snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
what benchmark

all we have is NV marketing pictures
and they are always higher than real benchmarks
AC: Valhalla has the built-in benchmark which is what I'd assume they used. Yeah, you're right.. we don't have real numbers yet. Based off the specs though, it's very likely to do 50%.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:47 AM   #1269
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'the_sextein once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
What you just described is a terrible deal for $900 if the card is slow and bandwidth limited without DLSS. Not every game has it, and every game will need DLSS3.0. Based off the changes, I don't think we'll see all current DLSS games upgraded to 3.0.
All cards are limited in some way or another. Either way you are getting 3090TI levels of performance with 3080TI VRAM capacities for $900 and access to DLSS 3.0 which will provide a major advantage over the 3090TI in titles that support it. SO instead of a 1GB VRAM capacity loss and 40% improvement you are getting 2GB VRAM capacity increase and 20% improvement WITHOUT DLSS 3.0. Add in DLSS 3.0 and you get a pretty nice package of course this is all very limited info but we discuss with the info available. To put this into perspective, the 3080TI had a 2GB VRAM capacity advantage vs the 3080 and ran about 8% faster and cost $1200. At the $1200 price point you are seeing 40% gains and a 4GB VRAM increase at the same price point plus DLSS3.0 mode on top of it. People who bought the 3080TI have a great option with the 4080 16GB and people who bought the 3090 have a great option with the 4090. The 3080 buyers do not get as much performance I will agree but it's still not a horrible deal based on what has been shared so far. More VRAM and DLSS 3.0 with a 20% performance bump.

Last edited by the_sextein : Sep 21, 2022 at 11:57 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:50 AM   #1270
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
AC: Valhalla has the built-in benchmark which is what I'd assume they used. Yeah, you're right.. we don't have real numbers yet. Based off the specs though, it's very likely to do 50%.
35% is more normal for NV but it may hit 50% yes
i think the watts will be higher than they say also

Quote:
One informant opined to the leaker that Nvidia is “legitimately worried about breaking power supplies” if the company pushed out an OC RTX 40 GPU this year since the RTX 4090 already guzzles up to 600 W. Team Green is also supposedly going to keep the RTX 4090 Ti/Titan under covers until the RX 7900 XT’s true potential becomes apparent.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Radeon....654694.0.html

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 21, 2022 at 11:58 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:09 PM   #1271
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Buying a 3090 instead of a 4080 12GB might be a decent choice. With the 3090 you get similar performance and much more VRAM for $200 less cost but you would be sacrificing DLSS 3.0 which might be a real winner this time.

4090 24GB and 4080 16GB have no comparison in my opinion. With SLI being dead, 3080TI and 3090 users have a very clear path of upgrade. 3080 users have some options and most likely that is on purpose as Nvidia is trying to get rid of the 3090 and 3080TI's.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:24 PM   #1272
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Isn't this great guys? It's been too long since we've had a GPU war @ Rage. It's all so P&R now.

Can't wait till November and see benchies from both sides.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:26 PM   #1273
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Given that my monitor is only 3440x1440 and I can play every game I have on Ultra settings with my 3080ti, I don't see a compelling reason to throw $$$ at nVidia in the near future.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:29 PM   #1274
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
I have faith in AMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Isn't this great guys? It's been too long since we've had a GPU war @ Rage. It's all so P&R now.

Can't wait till November and see benchies from both sides.

I agree, and maybe I can buy a card @ MSRP this time around.

Be Quiet! Pure Base 500DX
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8/4.84Ghz
Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 PRO w/ MX4
ASUS TUF Gaming B550-PLUS

16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36
1TB WD Black SN850 NVMe Gen4 (OS)
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 512.15

Dell XPS 7390
Intel Core-i5 10210u @ 1.6/4.2Ghz
8GB
LPDDR4 2133Mhz
256GB Toshiba NVMe SSD (OS)
Dell 13.3" 1080p @ 60Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:32 PM   #1275
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSXeon View Post
I agree, and maybe I can buy a card @ MSRP this time around.
Assuming nV has been stocking since August and GPU mining is in steep decline I would say yes.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:46 PM   #1276
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Assuming nV has been stocking since August and GPU mining is in steep decline I would say yes.
Who said I was buying Nvidia?

4TB WD Red HDD
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 512.15

Dell XPS 7390
8GB
LPDDR4 2133Mhz
Dell 13.3" 1080p @ 60Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:49 PM   #1277
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Who said I was buying Nvidia?
Oh, sorry, it was a general comment on availability.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:56 PM   #1278
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

Quote:
Oh, sorry, it was a general comment on availability.
I'm just messing with ya

In all honesty, I don't want something more than 350w, my room gets hot as it is with a 2080s. But if AMD doesn't impress, might have to go to the green team again.

4TB WD Red HDD
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 512.15

Dell XPS 7390
8GB
LPDDR4 2133Mhz
Dell 13.3" 1080p @ 60Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Old Sep 21, 2022, 01:12 PM   #1279
Dave

Dave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationDave has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm just messing with ya

In all honesty, I don't want something more than 350w, my room gets hot as it is with a 2080s. But if AMD doesn't impress, might have to go to the green team again.
I hear that - I already undervolt this 3090 to keep it around 330W. Untamed it flies up to 450W
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 02:33 PM   #1280
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

nVidia Jensen Huang: NVLink Support in "Ada Lovelace" Is Gone

This means that, for the first time since 2004, a flagship GeForce product will not support a multi-GPU bridge connector.

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang in a call with the press today confirmed that Ada loses the NVLink connector. This marks the end of any possibility of explicit multi-GPU, and marks the complete demise of SLI (over a separate physical interface). Jensen stated that the reason behind removing the NVLink connector was because they needed the I/O for "something else," and decided against spending the resources to wire out an NVLink interface. NVIDIA's engineers also wanted to make the most out of the silicon area at their disposal to "cram in as much AI processing as we could". Jen-Hsun continued with "and also, because Ada is based on Gen 5, PCIe Gen 5, we now have the ability to do peer-to-peer cross-Gen 5 that's sufficiently fast that it was a better tradeoff". We reached out to NVIDIA to confirm and their answer is:

"Ada does not support PCIe Gen 5, but the Gen 5 power connector is included.

"PCIe Gen 4 provides plenty of bandwidth for graphics usages today, so we felt it wasn't necessary to implement Gen 5 for this generation of graphics cards. The large framebuffers and large L2 caches of Ada GPUs also reduce utilization of the PCIe interface."

Source: techPowerUp!
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 02:41 PM   #1281
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

nVidia NVIDIA RTX 4090 Doesn't Max Out AD102, Ample Room Left for Future RTX 4090 Ti

Gotta leave them wanting more.

The AD102 physically features 18,176 CUDA cores, 568 fourth-generation Tensor cores, and 142 third-generation RT cores. The streaming multiprocessors (SM) come with special components that enable the Shader Execution Reordering optimization, which has a significant performance impact on both raster- and ray traced graphics rendering performance. The silicon supports up to 24 GB of GDDR6X or up to 48 GB of GDDR6+ECC memory (the latter will be seen in the RTX Ada professional-visualization card), across a 384-bit wide memory bus. There are 568 TMUs, and a mammoth 192 ROPs on the silicon.

The RTX 4090 is carved out of this silicon by enabling 16,384 out of 18,176 CUDA cores. 512 out of 568 Tensor cores, 512 out of 568 TMUs, 128 out of 142 RT cores, and unless NVIDIA has touched the ROP count, it could remain at 192. The memory bus is maxed out, with 24 GB of 21 Gbps GDDR6X memory across the 384-bit bus-width. In creating the RTX 4090, NVIDIA has given itself a 10% headroom in the number-crunching machinery, from which to carve out future SKUs such as the possible RTX 4090 Ti. Until that SKU is needed in the product-stack, NVIDIA will use this 10% margin toward harvesting the AD102 silicon.

Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:14 PM   #1282
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Buying a 3090 instead of a 4080 12GB might be a decent choice. With the 3090 you get similar performance and much more VRAM for $200 less cost but you would be sacrificing DLSS 3.0 which might be a real winner this time.

4090 24GB and 4080 16GB have no comparison in my opinion. With SLI being dead, 3080TI and 3090 users have a very clear path of upgrade. 3080 users have some options and most likely that is on purpose as Nvidia is trying to get rid of the 3090 and 3080TI's.
But with DLSS 3 it is literally faking frames to make that performance jump.

It's going to be really interesting to see what the image quality and latency trade off is to use the Frame Generation. I gotta image there is some latency, which is probably why Reflex has been bolted into DLSS 3 as well.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:16 PM   #1283
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
and they don't dribble them out to keep prices high anyway
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:20 PM   #1284
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Gotta leave them wanting more.

The AD102 physically features 18,176 CUDA cores, 568 fourth-generation Tensor cores, and 142 third-generation RT cores. The streaming multiprocessors (SM) come with special components that enable the Shader Execution Reordering optimization, which has a significant performance impact on both raster- and ray traced graphics rendering performance. The silicon supports up to 24 GB of GDDR6X or up to 48 GB of GDDR6+ECC memory (the latter will be seen in the RTX Ada professional-visualization card), across a 384-bit wide memory bus. There are 568 TMUs, and a mammoth 192 ROPs on the silicon.

The RTX 4090 is carved out of this silicon by enabling 16,384 out of 18,176 CUDA cores. 512 out of 568 Tensor cores, 512 out of 568 TMUs, 128 out of 142 RT cores, and unless NVIDIA has touched the ROP count, it could remain at 192. The memory bus is maxed out, with 24 GB of 21 Gbps GDDR6X memory across the 384-bit bus-width. In creating the RTX 4090, NVIDIA has given itself a 10% headroom in the number-crunching machinery, from which to carve out future SKUs such as the possible RTX 4090 Ti. Until that SKU is needed in the product-stack, NVIDIA will use this 10% margin toward harvesting the AD102 silicon.

that is for Navi 3x
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:25 PM   #1285
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled withTrunks0 is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Also keep in mind the DF's upcoming first look seem like the definition of sponsored content to me. They have been given early access to both hardware and software. And I really hope they disclose it this time.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Sep 21, 2022 at 03:46 PM. Reason: edited. As this is my opinion. Other YT's handle this allot better than DF does when they get access like this.
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:28 PM   #1286
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Also keep in mind the DF's upcoming first look is the definition of sponsored content. They have been given early access to both hardware and software. And I really hope they disclose it this time.
yes their review will be well paid for
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:34 PM   #1287
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Nvidia released details showing the new 16GB 4080 has the same triple slot FE cooler that the 4090 has this time. New fans have been chosen with 20% more air flow capacity. VRAM is all installed on one side of the card and runs 10C cooler than the 3000 series. New VRM design limits transient spikes to 100 watts lower than the 3000 series despite the 4090 using 100 more watts. ATX 3.0 is unnecessary this gen.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:47 PM   #1288
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
yes their review will be well paid for

They are trash. I wait for the Steve's and Paul to review stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Nvidia released details showing the new 16GB 4080 has the same triple slot FE cooler that the 4090 has this time. New fans have been chosen with 20% more air flow capacity. VRAM is all installed on one side of the card and runs 10C cooler than the 3000 series. New VRM design limits transient spikes to 100 watts lower than the 3000 series despite the 4090 using 100 more watts. ATX 3.0 is unnecessary this gen.

Well we shall see if they curbed transient spikes when reviewers get them. And its a 3.5 slot cooler! I think it kinda looks cool, I actually love the chonkiness, just not the power consumption.

4TB WD Red HDD
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 512.15

Dell XPS 7390
8GB
LPDDR4 2133Mhz
Dell 13.3" 1080p @ 60Hz
Windows 11 Home 64-bit

Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:49 PM   #1289
Android1
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Also keep in mind the DF's upcoming first look seem like the definition of sponsored content to me. They have been given early access to both hardware and software. And I really hope they disclose it this time.
There was a previous incident of undisclosed sponsored content?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 03:49 PM   #1290
the_sextein
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
They are trash. I wait for the Steve's and Paul to review stuff.

Well we shall see if they curbed transient spikes when reviewers get them. And its a 3.5 slot cooler! I think it kinda looks cool, I actually love the chonkiness, just not the power consumption.
I agree about the FE cooler, I love my 3090FE. Regarding Digital Foundry, it's an early look, not a critical review. They made it clear that they are only allowed to share specific information that is still under NDA as long as they stick to the program. The info they show is factual but only focuses on what the card is good at. Digital Foundry has quality critical reviews once the NDA is lifted just like Gamer Nexus. They are given the privlege to share info early as long as they can be trusted to stick to Nvidia's guidelines which is no different than magazine publications from back in the day that would give early performance information before the official review.