Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 15, 2022, 08:36 PM   #1051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Did something like that once 30 years ago to make a homemade air conditioner that runs off a water tap (we dont have water meters up here). Ran pretty well save it didnt remove humidity.

I still have it in the basement somewhere degenerate hoarder that I am.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2022, 06:40 AM   #1052
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwards

Going to need a shielded PCI-E cable in order to run the 4080 outside the case.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 02:16 PM   #1053
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Looks like EVGA just XFX:d, they are no longer doing business with nvidia.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2022, 02:20 PM   #1054
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2022, 02:51 PM   #1055
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

That's surprising, thanks for sharing the news.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 02:59 PM   #1056
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete strangerSIrPauly once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just started watching the video and EVGA is financially sound and stable -- having trouble understanding why? Going to continue watching the video.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 03:02 PM   #1057
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished roadacroig nears the end of the distinguished road

Please continue discussing the breaking EVGA story in this thread:

https://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34054748
Old Sep 20, 2022, 07:59 AM   #1058
acroig
Troll SMod

11:00 AM today, who's ready?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 09:31 AM   #1059
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

Jacket in his kitchen again? lol

Link to scheduled stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWcNlRI00jo
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H ULED LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Last edited by DeathKnight : Sep 20, 2022 at 09:38 AM.
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 09:54 AM   #1060
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

I think a few of us on Discord are going to have a watch party.

Hoping for good news, bracing myself for bad.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:07 AM   #1061
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

If racer X is playable, I'll have to sell the other kidney
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:12 AM   #1062
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Deep Learning Super Resolution

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1063
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundDeathKnight can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Subscriber

$900 starting price for 4080 12GB. GTFO
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H ULED LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox One S
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:20 AM   #1064
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwardsalitayyab can recite pi backwards

1599 for 4090
4080 better priced (comparatively)

Gonna wait and see on this one.

EDIT: They may be cross subsidizing 30 series cards
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:23 AM   #1065
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Yeah, $1,200 for 16GB FE card
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:28 AM   #1066
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Omniverse sounds like a full competitor to Unreal 5. Sounds like games using it will only run on Nvidia obviously.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:32 AM   #1067
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Those prices are more Linda Lovelace than Ada amirite?

Dirty.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:37 AM   #1068
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I really hope that AMD has an answer for the 4080 16GB.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:41 AM   #1069
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwardsDestroy can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Are they expecting people to want to run this card with 1080p or something?

Prices continue to be crazy. The wait continues until a decent 4k capable card price arrives.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:46 AM   #1070
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

**** it, I'm buying the 4090.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:48 AM   #1071
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:56 AM   #1072
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

If AMD were smart and *if they have a good competing product in November, they will sacrifice some margin to gobble up market share.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:57 AM   #1073
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
*DLSS 2.X VS 3.0 Performance.

I wonder if there will be any weird artifacts from with that new AI motion smoothing stuff enabled?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:09 AM   #1074
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I can only imagine what the board partner prices are going to be.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:17 AM   #1075
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

so the 4070 "cough " 4080 12gb is 899

that will put a good aftermarket at 1049 to 1099

3080 699 to real 4080 16gb for 1199

this is a bigger increase than the 2000's

Last edited by bill dennison : Sep 20, 2022 at 11:32 AM.
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:39 AM   #1076
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

You called that early on
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:45 AM   #1077
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

$400-600 for not too of the line CPUs

$500-1000 for not top of the line motherboards

$900-1200 for not top of the line GPUs

AAA PC gaming is dead with those prices, fortunately I enjoy more indie games these days...
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:45 AM   #1078
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Yep Im out at the real 4080 price, and Im not paying $899 for a 4070, Come on AMD, this is your year!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:45 AM   #1079
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
You called that early on
didn't think the prices would go up that high also
i was thinking 999 for the real 4080 16gb

this is going to put a 4080 ti at 1450+
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2022, 11:51 AM   #1080
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Those prices are more Linda Lovelace than Ada amirite?

Dirty.