Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 2, 2022, 04:08 PM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Infinite was pretty fun to play though.

They just need to hand over the lore stuff to another studio/writer and let 343 handle the gameplay.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2022, 04:31 PM   #842
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwardstwonha can recite pi backwards

Halo is such an enormous game to work on. You've got regular multiplayer in all its shapes and forms; you've got the single player gameplay; you've got the vast universe full of existing lore; you've got the creative side with Forge and you've got the technical challenges in splitscreen. And I don't think Halo fans, myself included, would ever be happy if a Halo title didn't release with all these elements in top condition.

In that sense, I think 343 has a much bigger challenge than most developers, who can focus on any single element and work with that. And they made it even harder on themselves by spanning multiple console generations and versions, aiming for feature parity everywhere.

Unfortunately, outside of practically perfecting Halo's legendary "30 seconds of fun" moment-to-moment gameplay loop, 343 has continuously dropped the ball wherever they could. Infinite's campaign is barebones, its storytelling is troubled, multiplayer is of course never perfect, Forge is late and co-op has been absent for far too long, not to mention splitscreen. It's been a tough ride for its entire development. And with Halo 5 and the Master Chief Collection equally troubled throughout their development and launches, I do think it's time Microsoft and 343 clean house.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 10:18 AM   #843
Android1
Super Moderator

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Xbox Halo Infinite’s Canceled Split-Screen Campaign Can Be Uncanceled by Exploit

The plot thickens in the Halo Infinite spilt-screen story.

Last week, the Halo Infinite development team announced that it was walking back a years-old pledge to support split-screen co-op for the game's campaign mode. The feature had been delayed multiple times before being tossed into the bin, and the decision dashed the hopes of anyone who hoped to enjoy the game's campaign with at least one friend on a single screen.

Within days, fans suggested that the feature had been working on Xbox consoles all along, albeit via a glitch—which, as of press time, has yet to be patched on Halo Infinite's retail version on Xbox consoles. Following reports and videos of the exploit, a team of gaming analysts confirmed via hours of campaign testing that Halo Infinite's split-screen mode is functional—enough so that we're left scratching our heads as to what the heck is going on at Xbox.

Source: Ars Technica
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2022, 03:03 PM   #844
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
The plot thickens in the Halo Infinite spilt-screen story. ...

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2022, 03:06 PM   #845
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Halo is such an enormous game to work on. You've got regular multiplayer in all its shapes and forms; you've got the single player gameplay; you've got the vast universe full of existing lore; you've got the creative side with Forge and you've got the technical challenges in splitscreen. And I don't think Halo fans, myself included, would ever be happy if a Halo title didn't release with all these elements in top condition.
I think this is a great justification for turning Halo into more of a platform than a game. Don't reinvent every feature every iteration. Having a base engine & game that they can just create new content for, improve the graphics over time, is a much better plan for them.

I'd prefer they come out with a sequel every 2-3 years rather than turning this into a live-service game. But each iteration can build on the previous versions, ala Forza, rather than building everything from scratch every game.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 16, 2022, 03:14 PM   #846
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'd like it if they made the ingame story telling better, right now it feels like you are missing too much stuff if you don't give a **** about the extended halo universe.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2022, 04:18 PM   #847
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'd like it if they made the ingame story telling better, right now it feels like you are missing too much stuff if you don't give a **** about the extended halo universe.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 16, 2022, 05:23 PM   #848
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Its been a long time since we've seen any compelling stories in video gaming.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2022, 07:22 PM   #849
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I haven't finished Halo Infinite's campaign yet, but so far what I understand from the story is:
  • Master Chief looks at the map and clicks on a random point he hasn't been to. There's a paragraph of text about it, but he's not the kind of space-soldier who would bother to read it.

• Chief follows the waypoint to that place, either by driving a jeep or by harpoon-climbing over a mountain.

• He storms into an enemy of encampment, throwing grenades or exploding barrels, kills all of the aliens, before some human soldiers spawn in from nowhere and tell him how awesome he is.

• Cortana blabbers some nonsense about aliens he's never heard of, before Master Chief randomly chooses another dot from the map.

• Sometimes these battles happen at small campsites, and sometimes they're in large fortified bases... Master Chief never really knows what kind of fight he's heading into, but it doesn't matter much because he enjoys them and they always end basically the same way.

• Sometimes after murdering all the aliens, Master Chief gets some kind of item or power-up, but he doesn't pay much attention or think about what that thing he just got does. He just chooses another waypoint at random and heads off for another fight. It's a good day to be a super-soldier.

So far I give the story a 10/10

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt

Last edited by SubCog : Sep 16, 2022 at 09:10 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 04:08 AM   #850
Ravens Nest
R380

Ravens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete strangerRavens Nest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I haven't finished Halo Infinite's campaign yet, but so far what I understand from the story is:
  • Master Chief looks at the map and clicks on a random point he hasn't been to. There's a paragraph of text about it, but he's not the kind of space-soldier who would bother to read it.

• Chief follows the waypoint to that place, either by driving a jeep or by harpoon-climbing over a mountain.

• He storms into an enemy of encampment, throwing grenades or exploding barrels, kills all of the aliens, before some human soldiers spawn in from nowhere and tell him how awesome he is.

• Cortana blabbers some nonsense about aliens he's never heard of, before Master Chief randomly chooses another dot from the map.

• Sometimes these battles happen at small campsites, and sometimes they're in large fortified bases... Master Chief never really knows what kind of fight he's heading into, but it doesn't matter much because he enjoys them and they always end basically the same way.

• Sometimes after murdering all the aliens, Master Chief gets some kind of item or power-up, but he doesn't pay much attention or think about what that thing he just got does. He just chooses another waypoint at random and heads off for another fight. It's a good day to be a super-soldier.

So far I give the story a 10/10
That gave me a chuckle