Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Oct 17, 2021, 01:53 AM   #7651
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What it looks like now... lol. After its rebuild was complete.

Old Oct 19, 2021, 05:07 AM   #7652
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Are those EK fittings?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2021, 02:26 PM   #7653
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Are those EK fittings?
Yes. All of them are. Torque Fittings. Rotary. (yes, I splurged a bit.. They are like $11/ea but I got em when they first came out and they were only $8.99/ea)

Last edited by Flyordie : Oct 19, 2021 at 02:31 PM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 19, 2021, 08:28 PM   #7654
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah they're good fittings .. look good too. I've considered their black torque fittings for the style.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:06 AM   #7655
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Yeah they're good fittings .. look good too. I've considered their black torque fittings for the style.
Yea, had been sitting on them since before the pandemic. Finally went through and built the system the way that would allow the pump, res and rad to finally be securely mounted in the system.

You'll laugh at how I had to do it. lol. Guess I could take a pic and show the whole thing.

Last edited by Flyordie : Oct 20, 2021 at 12:17 AM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:20 AM   #7656
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I have a few. They are pretty nice.

People rip EK for the prices but honestly, for what you get, it's a pretty decent value.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 06:40 AM   #7657
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Well, I wouldn't go that far though I do think the anti-EK movement at OCN is a bit extreme.

The fittings they make are solid, but a bit overpriced. Their CPU blocks outside of the Monarch are outclassed by other brands, GPU blocks are middle performers, and they have a lot of QC issues as well as problems with nickel flaking off and going zooming through your loop.

I have an EK block on my STRIX and some of the best water Delta performance out of anyone with an EK block on OCN. I got lucky it would seem with a block that was machined properly. Lots of people, especially with FTW3 blocks, showed proof of their EK block literally uneven from the factory causing bad core contact.

Doesn't help that their customer support will treat you like a criminal before they send you a replacement for anything. That's probably my main issue with EK. Nickel flakes off the block into your loop and they claim it's your fault even if you just ran distilled w/ inhibitors.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:03 AM   #7658
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm more annoyed about their packaging, they're basically the only brand where you have to cut the thermal pads for the gpu block, and it also feels like they are just throwing random screws and washers into their bags, if you are lucky you actually get the ones that you need.

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 20, 2021 at 10:58 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2021, 09:28 PM   #7659
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Doesn't help that their customer support will treat you like a criminal before they send you a replacement for anything. That's probably my main issue with EK. Nickel flakes off the block into your loop and they claim it's your fault even if you just ran distilled w/ inhibitors.

Had that happen too. Chewed up a D5 pump. Hence why I now run a filter.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:43 PM   #7660
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

New build, all ROG.

Ryzen 5800X
Asus 3060 Ti KO OC
Asus Strix B550-I
Asus Strix 650w PSU
Asus Strix Z11 Case
Asus Strix Ryuo 240mm Oled AIO
32GB Corsair Vengence SL
WD 1TB Sn750

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:55 PM   #7661
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Very nice. Why are you continuously changing your computers?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:05 PM   #7662
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Very nice. Why are you continuously changing your computers?
Been bored, been selling them and rebuilding, will likely do it with this aswell, make a few bucks, and I enjoy it.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:26 PM   #7663
KAC
It might be gays!

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Tbh if I were in the US. I would be doing builds as a side hustle. Here no one buys except omgrafix.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:30 AM   #7664
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Looks good. Interesting case.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:53 AM   #7665
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Looks good. Interesting case.
It is an interesting case, overall, it's a very great show peice. One of the nicest/highest quality case's I've ever laid eyes on.

That being said, it has some pretty bad engineering ideas going on. I would never put a 3080 in here, it can, but the thing would massively cook. And in horizontal position you'd likely need to go air as the pump would then be the highest point and trap air.
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz